Copperrein's Summer 2021 Outdoor Soil Grow

Holy shit other grow communities are not even communities. I made the mistake of joining a local growing group on Fuckerberg's platform. 75% of the population has never grown a vegetable, nevermind cannabis. The remaining 25% are mostly gate-keeping cunts who are just so....stuck in that weird part of the grow world where everything must be flushed and 24/7 light kills photos and if you look at a plant wrong you'll herm it.

Holy hell, @Renee Roberts and co. ...I'm starting to get why the mod team here is so vigilant. Please never stop slapping us on our wrists. If this place turned into those other places we'd all be screwed out of something pretty special. Damn.

This rant brought you by the letter C for...*cough* cold and the number 180/100 as in my BP right now. :lot-o-toke:

Sorry for the wind >.>

It's always blowing.
Beautiful! I'm joining you outdoors in a week or two.

Apologies for more sporadic crap. We managed to get another couple crates of stock in for the fireworks tent so that was a thing today.

I did get time to do a final tweaking of my little Critical Purple Kush budzai. It's pretty garish and not as doom and gloom as I had hoped but oh well...

The roots after I cleaned back the soil a bit:

Aaaand because the wind sucks today have an artsy blurry photo with teeny trichome sparkles:

Oh hey look....the sun finally decided to join us for Spring.
The clouds started breaking up here about 4 pm but darn nippy outside. Touch of frost on cars and trucks and patches of lawn this morning. I need some warm days and nights before I can bring some of the clones upstairs to start to harden them off for their summer on the patio or hiding in with the veggies. Maybe next week, which is already putting me a week behind.

The first photo of the table top plant and container is excellent. Excellent arrangement and excellent photo. You are rockin' and rollin' with that one.

The clouds started breaking up here about 4 pm but darn nippy outside. Touch of frost on cars and trucks and patches of lawn. I need some warm days and nights before I can bring some of the clones upstairs to start to harden them off for their summer on the patio or hiding in with the veggies. Maybe next week, which is already putting me a week behind.

The first photo of the table top plant and container is excellent. Excellent arrangement and excellent photo. You are rockin' and rollin' with that one.
What's frost

Frost? Some cold frozen water that those of us up in the north have to deal with from mid fall thru the winter and into the mid-spring time. Makes for great growing challenges.
I'm certain it's a challenge. I have to deal with 100°+ temps and humidity below 10% and zero rain. I live in the desert and we're having a drought. How the hell does that happen. Less than 1in of rain in past 365 days and it will not rain again till maybe July if we get lucky.

I'm certain it's a challenge. I have to deal with 100°+ temps and humidity below 10% and zero rain. I live in the desert and we're having a drought. How the hell does that happen. Less than 1in of rain in past 365 days and it will not rain again till maybe July if we get lucky.
Having to deal with frost can be a challenge but it is an easy one compared to having to put up with what you have going. I am going to guess that your desert is in the western US. About 2./3 of the country is in a mild to severe drought status so I will guess that outdoor gardening is not the easiest way to grow where you are at.;)

Having to deal with frost can be a challenge but it is an easy one compared to having to put up with what you have going. I am going to guess that your desert is in the western US. About 2./3 of the country is in a mild to severe drought status so I will guess that outdoor gardening is not the easiest way to grow where you are at.;)
Very true but believe it or not this area runs on agriculture. Millions of years of wild Colorado river flowing thru just underneath the desert dust the soil is very fertile. All that's needed is water. Which comes from the river. 80% of U.S. lettuce in winter comes from here. The growing season never ends. They just switch to crops that can handle the heat. The wheat gets exported because they can control when and how much water the crops get.

My mate spent most of his teen years out at Philmont scout ranch in NM. If the water situation out that way wasn't so iffy I'd already have moved my butt out there. No mosquitoes. No humidity.

I keep wanting to hope we'll be able to get out there this fall but who knows? Most of my state refuses to wear masks, it seems. Why are people so stupid? When did being dumb become cool? I just want to be able to road trip and eat crappy Chinese buffet and not feel like I'm living Andromeda Strain.

Why are people so stupid? When did being dumb become cool?
People tend to be afraid of what they do not know and that fear leads to avoiding trying to learn. Part of the problem is that they are also afraid of the messenger. Instead of taking the easy way to combat a virus by following the recommended steps from health professionals it becomes easier to blame the messenger.

Kinda like those politicians and so-called socially aware people who claim Marijuana will lead to every drug problem for the user within days of their first hit off a joint or pipe. At least that bandwagen is getting smaller all the time as more people realize that the old thinking on Marijuana use does not hold up to thinking it through.

Or in the world of Outbreak (1995) starring Dustin Hoffman, Rene Russo and Morgan Freeman.
That movie got me interested in epidemiology <3 I like the 28 Days Later theme, as well.

UPDATE:

Welp the tent is doing better than expected. With that comes a lot more work trying to make sure we're stocked.

Thankfully both of my grows are vaguely self-sufficient. We got a long frost last night so I bagged my outdoor ladies. They continue to slowly put on new growth. White Widow and Wedding Cake are handling my abuses incredibly well. They'll be kept on my outdoor roster going forward.

All the other ladies are at varying stages of disgruntled growth. Aside from wind damage I see no signs of issues. LSD did get sat on by a chicken a few days ago. No damage....just sat upon :D

Oh, I think my budzai is about finished. I might try some tent shots later.

Other than that....nothing to report. Just busting ass Thursdays through Sundays. All the customers are pretty cool. More than expected hobby pyros have been showing up so there's a 'gang' of old nerds that's starting to hang out at the tent to talk chemistry. I've found my home <3

Awesome ! :thumb:

DSC_0036fina.jpg

Hoping temps even out and whatever atmospheric bullshit that is responsible for these constant winds goes away for the season tomorrow. The winds have been getting progressively worse here each year.

Ladies are coping. Some are taking on a swept back structure due to the wind. They remind be of trees on some islands that all point in one direction.

Got the @GreenSafe nutes! I'm pondering using them in a new budzai grow. They look super versatile from what I can tell.

Hoping temps even out and whatever atmospheric bullshit that is responsible for these constant winds goes away for the season tomorrow. The winds have been getting progressively worse here each year.

Ladies are coping. Some are taking on a swept back structure due to the wind. They remind be of trees on some islands that all point in one direction.

Got the @GreenSafe nutes! I'm pondering using them in a new budzai grow. They look super versatile from what I can tell.

I wonder if you could put a sort of "wind break up with tarps? I've not even planted the garden here because of winds and evening temps in the low 40s here in VA. I was gonna ask if you got your green safe stuff, never got mine. Maybe they are working backwards now that they have their shipping worked out. I was looking forward to that prize!

I wonder if you could put a sort of "wind break up with tarps? I've not even planted the garden here because of winds and evening temps in the low 40s here in VA. I was gonna ask if you got your green safe stuff, never got mine. Maybe they are working backwards now that they have their shipping worked out. I was looking forward to that prize!
Mebbe poke Renee?

I'm probably going to toss a large part of the fireworks money into a decent hoop house. I'd like to be able to do more gardening throughout the year...not just cannabis, either. I've been collecting cedar and olive cuttings and would like to mess about with larger ornamental sculpted plantings.

I was gonna ask if you got your green safe stuff
I got mine the middle of last week- UPS beat the crap out of the box, and 2 of 3 bottles had leaked out half their contents...So this morning Greensafe contacted me, and they're re-sending them, plus "something else"...so that's cool!

I got mine the middle of last week- UPS beat the crap out of the box, and 2 of 3 bottles had leaked out half their contents...So this morning Greensafe contacted me, and they're re-sending them, plus "something else"...so that's cool!
The only people I get deliveries from that I don't want to catapult into space are Amazon and USPS. Amazon dude gives out dog cookies and talks to my babies. He gets a free pass.

I've barely been out to the outdoor ladies except to cover them at night. LSD and Critical Purple Kush are still weaker than the others due to early issues in the tent. Wedding Cake, Hulkberry, all the 'established' genetics are doing well. Andy and Ollie are somehow surviving. I'll try to get some photos in a bit when I head out to do plants and animals.

Someone motivate me to go take proper photos of the budzai for this month's plant of the month contest.

Ope! Man's alarm just went off...time to play in the tent...

Back
Top Bottom