Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

Genetics are a thing I'm thinking. :reading420magazine:

You're right of course. Also the comment on the soil getting better with each use. I've certainly noticed the same. Funky looking Hyena.
full

hey bob nice plants man theres going to be some donkey dingers going there the self topped girls will be top heavy I think lol,ive seen that buffalato before but I will never get tired of looking at it beautiful,i tried second run soil my last grow it didn't do well had all kinds of deff going on I obviously didn't amend it rite that is no doubt another skill I will have to master nice work bud!:cool:

good heavens. Floor to ceiling jaw dropping awesome-ness. if you find a pair of feet under that jungle its just me hanging out in the back, nothing to concern yourself with bb....

great advice to beez as well. I had never even thought of foam blocks, thanks BL! new addition to my repetoire of tricks!

hope everyones having a great friday!
:passitleft:

Thanks Penny & BL for helping out. I always run my lights strapped to the ceiling @ 7.5' - let the plants grow to the lights.

Stretch has more to do with genetics than lighting per se. Lighting helps tho for sure.

What temp light is your QB board?

You're getting sage advice here 100% :passitleft:

The 1 thing I can say is that I see you've been topping your plants at some point. With topping you're creating an even canopy which as BL suggested is optimal.

That said IF height (stretch is your main goal) then go with less topping and earlier in VEG - say top @ 3-4th node and let em rip.

I "usually" don't top, but if I do it's at the 3-4th node & EARLY in VEG. I grow monsters indoors - totally un-even canopy and my grow is more like a jungle. I'm used to it but its not for everyone.

I like 2 things - no messing about with the plants and large yields.

I will do LST training at switch to flower to spread out all the main branches like you are doing with the pipe cleaners. I use wire and strap them bitches down. But then let them grow. Take pics, IPM and water... a few ACTs mixed in.

Here's an example if what I have right now.

Family Picture:

Blue Dream - Hyena style @ 30ish days. It's going to be a cola fest. As you can see.. its a jungle. Not very easy to maintain. I have my (good to me) reasons for not wanting to get in there and touch the plants. Which I rarely do. These BD - some of the colas will be about 3' long at chop, they are just getting going. Those lamps are @ 7' above head high. I had to crack the main colas and bend them over which I usually don't do. My soil is getting ridiculously good the more I use it.

Jesus!! jesus look atall dat weed (in my best best redneck hillbilly voice i can muster lmao) shit brother this looks like gods garden of eden right here lol great job dude those colas are freaking awesome there so long. Its like ur growing a jungle of donkey dongs hahaha great job man as always namaste.

hey bob nice plants man theres going to be some donkey dingers going there the self topped girls will be top heavy I think lol,ive seen that buffalato before but I will never get tired of looking at it beautiful,i tried second run soil my last grow it didn't do well had all kinds of deff going on I obviously didn't amend it rite that is no doubt another skill I will have to master nice work bud!:cool:

Lmao i literally almost said the exact same thing haha those colas are intense. And yea if ur wanting to learn how to grow los style then bb is ur man he is the shit with organics as u can see lol. I learned almost all my los growing tech. From bb dude knows his shit thts for sure. Shit if he can get some one like me to be able 2 produce top shelf dank then any1 can do it lol. I jus wana throw out a special thanx bb man for real i wouldnt be anywhere near to the level of growing that i am now if it wasnt for u so i thank u for convinceing me to go to los growing shit even my famkly thanx u even if they dnt know it lmao they all started liking my bug ALOT more once i started doing organics n learning from u and some others on here haha

Mister BBrown... looking like you got another batch of Red Woods growing. I'm just doing a drive-by GL

Love the colors my friend, looking very nice overall, beautiful and potent are a great combo!!
GR

The four plants on the outside are GSC Thin Mint and turned a pretty purple when I grew the first plant (mom to these girls) and was excellent quality. The mom was a very small plant and not a good yielding strain. This round I tried to grow it longer and make more tops to increase the yield. We'll see how it goes.

That Buffalato has GSC in her lineage. Yeah no yield champion but I get em to grow out.. the bigger plant the bigger the yield is my experience. The GSC plants are mainly all nugs. Which is GREAT for me. Don't have to worry about mold and trimming is a blast. Good weed too.

Thanks Blaze n Sticky...dudes, there's a big ass cola in the back - main stem on the BH #1 - bigger than my leg girth and length... I'll see if I can get pics of it. She's a freaking monster.

I can't really get in there very well to get pics. I'll do my best. Maybe I'll crawl in there under the dresses and pop up and take a few pics. :drool:

Gotta holla out to our friend Hyena for the genetics. I wanted to see what Blue Dream was all about. Sure no slacker in the yield department that's for sure.

This round is getting going.

Quick question. I know you can take a clone and put it into flower to tell the sex of the mother plant. But do you have to wait for it to root and go from cutting to clone? Can you just put a cutting (no roots) in soil and directly into the flowering tent to determine the sex of the mother plant?

Quick question. I know you can take a clone and put it into flower to tell the sex of the mother plant. But do you have to wait for it to root and go from cutting to clone? Can you just put a cutting (no roots) in soil and directly into the flowering tent to determine the sex of the mother plant?
I guess you could but the cut will probably die before it flowers. You would need to treat it as any other cut you're trying to root. It might work that the cut will simultaneously flower and root. :bongrip:

"Usually" if you wait until week 3 or so in VEG - you will see early signs of sex. Usually the male shows first so if you have any questions, consider it a male unless more evidence provides itself.

I run REGs all the time. Patience is key. It's not going to save you any time cloning and flowering for sex. By that time your VEG plant will show his/her true colors.

I like to take clones from mature VEG plants. Ones I know for sure are female.

The way I run REGs from seed is VEG them until I see sex. Cull the males after they for sure show me balls unless I wanna collect pollen which is a big risk unless you are set up for it.

By the time I see female bits - it's time to get to flowering. I wait until I'm sure. The males will flower first and early.

Hope that helps.

afternoon mr.B, thanks for that bit about the clones as I never thought of it that way as it makes sense that the sexing and rooting of clones would take more or less by a tiny margin the same as a regular plant......

Grow clones that are worthy for future puffage and/or parentage. A lot of work for "sexing". Don't get me wrong me likey sexing.

thankyou mr.B, I'm a bit slow this year due to a recent back op, and I've been following a lot of you that are into organics. Tried organics begin of last year, got all amendments made 5lt and mr.B you'll never believe.......lol. I grew nothing......lol

I learnt my 1st lesson, it takes time and patience young padawan, so I've just started up on Korean Natuaral Farming practices and another article, cause they are some bladdy fantastic people on here chomping at the bit to help so to say....

So if you'll please excuse I'd like to get a better understanding with some homework and when I have a better understanding I'll come visit again and have a canna coffee with you....

Have a good evening mr.B

NP Smeegol - Hope your back heals better than new.

Organics is simplest way to grow. The Koreans do it but add their little twist on it. Once I stopped with all the extra stuff I was doing to try and "help" the soil, my yields doubled.

Genetics, believe or not, plays a crucial role.

Gotta have good stock. It sure is nice IF you have the space,,,, to take a cut from everything you flower. Then cull what ya don't like. And hopefully, you find one you do. Drive-by

Today was chop day for Buffalato #3. She was I think @ 72 days. She kept getting fatter but I didn't want weed thats going to put me to bed in 15 minutes. Was all cloudy and not very much if any ambers.

Frost off charts. Already miss that smell of Melon and Cucumber. It was her. She's on the hook and I'm going to miss that one.

I've got some White Buffalo, or maybe it's Platinum Buffalo I/F, seeds in the vault. Next run will be interesting. For summer going to run AUTO's up at the cottage outdoors. We get about 18 hrs of light July and August then fades fast in Sept. Gonna try. Fall run will be fun. Gonna dip into the vault and try some more cookies b-4 they are boring. hahaha Saving Chems for winter.

Buffalato #3 - Organic soil. Water only and a few IPMs early on. I didn't do much at all. The soil is really really getting good.

Buffalato nugs.. melon cucumber cookies. This is a VERY stable version. All 3 plants looked exactly the same, grew the same, had ZERO issues. Hats off to IHG (In House Genetics) and @brightlight for pointing me to them. Without BL, I'd still be throwing darts at seeds. :Namaste:

Nugs.. all nugs sweet and spicy. Yum

Buffalato #3 hugging up with Black Hyena #3

Buffalato #3 - @55 days she did a sorta flop. All the side branches took a dive for the floor. I had to prop them up with wires. Today when I took off the wires, they were all still standing tall. Amazing really. She was a heavy little girl.

More wire pic: Colas and nugs FTW!

Gonna soon find out how well Blue Dream handles PM/Mold. It's been 100% RH and mid to high 80sF for several daze. Thinking about turning on the AC. temps are going WAY down but RH will be like walking in the clouds wet. Yuk n fvck.

Black Hyena - Family pic. Lots of colas. Several are at least 36" and fatty, oh boy. I'm scared I'm going to fvck something up. Started wiring up some of them today ahead of the anticipated flop. These plants are getting WAY top heavy. Glad the containers weigh like 45#. If a high wind = poof & gone.

@Pennywise called it - fox tails. Every plant has em top to btm. So not too worried just lowered my "lights on" to 11/13 or a tad less. Need to finish not fox tail due to cottage calling. ((((420(((( going legal in Canada Y-U-R (Yeah U right) . Gonna be there for that. Put the pipe down and load up the truck. Fuck yeah.

I'm COLA CRAZY, yes in deed!

Cheers with greens n grins. :Namaste:

Gotta have good stock. It sure is nice IF you have the space,,,, to take a cut from everything you flower. Then cull what ya don't like. And hopefully, you find one you do. Drive-by

Wood-master tells the story. Every plant I grow is "the best" but only to me.

I depend on feedback from the herd to let me know I'm on the right tracks.

Back
Top Bottom