Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

WOW Bo!

Incredible!!! This is what makes everyone want to go Organic. Once you go there, there's no return. Rads girl is out of control. :love:

The Chemdawg is praying to the sun like no other. I want to write more but am in the process of getting off Oxycodone. Doing great but I'm terribly low energy right now. You give me inspiration Brother!!!

I'm almost out of the woods and fighting every day! :circle-of-love:

Jeepers that Chemdawg looks space age!:lot-o-toke: Have just semi caught up - man you grow some very nice ladies.

I was hoping you could give me some advice, I recently added kelp meal, alfalfa meal and AgriSil potassium silicate to my shelf and was wanting to know how best to utilize them to get the most out of my ladies where they're currently at. I'm about 7 1/2 weeks into flowering in Coots styled soil with no complaints. Was doing more Aloe, Comfrey and EWC earlier on but have been doing more malted barley tea combos of late. I've never really done foliars which needs to change. I know I've read the answers to my questions in this journal but have since forgotten the answers. Any pointers for a fellow ganja farmer?:hippy:

Fan-Frig-En-Tastic.

Lovely looking with the wet leaves and the chemdog, Woof!

Now I scamper off to see what HSO Black Dog is.

Haha - I just put a bunch seeds into my sprouting tent.

lineup is this:

10 - Dark Devil fems

5 - HSO Black Dog fems

5 - Auto CBG fems (thank you KB) I'm diggin a lot of strains from ACE/CBG

5 - Kimbo Kush - regs - Starfighter F2 TA / Blackberry Kush mother - Exotic Genetix

Rad said:
Congratulations on your Rad's Girl harvest.
I've been following her flowering with more joy than my own girls in flower.
Thanks again for sharing

Thank you very much ... I don't know what happened KARMA something but this lady is buds and tops above all the many many Krystalica plants I've grown over the years.. wow that's something right there. Thanks for hangin here with me. :high-five: :Namaste:

I'm not done... more to come AND I've got clones of Rad's Girl.

those "shine diamonds" looks so beautiful:cheer:

Hi there Sara - I've got one of your new LED lights in the grow room this round - MarsPro II Cree256 the plain one without any software. I love it so far!

Doc said:
WOW Bo!

Incredible!!! This is what makes everyone want to go Organic. Once you go there, there's no return. Rads girl is out of control.

The Chemdawg is praying to the sun like no other. I want to write more but am in the process of getting off Oxycodone. Doing great but I'm terribly low energy right now. You give me inspiration Brother!!!

I'm almost out of the woods and fighting every day!

Hey there Doc - hang in there .... I've been there it takes some time and you feel like crap for a bit. Come on out the other side, in the long run you will feel a lot better. Just be patient, get some rest eat some good food and taker easy there's no rush. My doc did me cold turkey... I should have switched docs in hind site. Hang in brother, you will be in my thoughts and many many wishes for good health and happiness. :Namaste:

Yeah Rad's Girl is crazy... I'm hoping for a say 8 zips, I guess I've had bigger but that was old school blueberry from way back in the day. When I chopped she was WAY heavier than any other plant I've chopped in the past few years and she's taking her good old time drying. I'm at 5 days and she's doesn't even have any dry fan leaves yet. I'll get a little fan on her and I'm glad it's been low humidity lately. Yeah I'm stoked and shes sticky as all get out, like ooozing sticky. Organic soil all the way... the best part is yet to come - the taste!!

Chemdawg - I was touching and smelling her flowers tonight - woah talk about resin.. I'm going to grow a bunch more of that one. Really like the HSO stuff I just popped 5 seeds of HSO Black Dog.... purple it is. Everyone likes purple right!? Krystalica still my go to meds tho.. it's got it all.

Jeepers that Chemdawg looks space age!:lot-o-toke: Have just semi caught up - man you grow some very nice ladies.

I was hoping you could give me some advice, I recently added kelp meal, alfalfa meal and AgriSil potassium silicate to my shelf and was wanting to know how best to utilize them to get the most out of my ladies where they're currently at. I'm about 7 1/2 weeks into flowering in Coots styled soil with no complaints. Was doing more Aloe, Comfrey and EWC earlier on but have been doing more malted barley tea combos of late. I've never really done foliars which needs to change. I know I've read the answers to my questions in this journal but have since forgotten the answers. Any pointers for a fellow ganja farmer?:hippy:

Hey there welcome to my little organic corner on :420:!

Super glad to see another Coots style soil aficionado. I love that guy. I learned a TON from him and I've been growing organically maybe almost as long as he has. I started out in the 70's growing organically. He's probably got a few years on me!! hahaha I'm glad he shared what he did. He helped me get where I'm at now both indoors and out.

Foilers are pretty much a necessity with indoor container gardening, in my opinion. Sooner or later growing canna in containers you will get a pest infestation... and pray it's not spider mites! So the foiler is your proactive defense against pests AND you can give your ladies a boost at the same time. They will thank you in spades at harvest time. To this basic recipe you can add in kelp tea (diluted/strained) and pretty much any of your teas that you make but you need to strain them well so the sprayer doesn't clog. Mix it up for the ladies so they don't get bored..

My IPM 2 times a week - absolutely no skipping. Trust me .... you leave those little buggers a little break and before you even know it, tear down time. Spraying plants is soooo much more fun that fighting off pests. My last update was after an IPM - Immediate positive response and it's not subtle.

The only add in to foiler that I'm careful not to use on flowers is fish emulsion and I stop kelp foiler when there's flowers as well - makes the finished buds smell danky... instead of sweet. I like to top dress those in flower instead of foiler in flower.

1 gal RO water - to that I add:

1-2 tps Monteray Insect spray - You can use this all the way to harvest.

1666762249275.png

1-2 tbs (I use a cap full) - BioAg Fullpower all the way to flower

1666762277633.png

1 tsp of Dyna-Gro Pro-tekt Silicon Supplement

You can get the smaller bottle - a little goes a LONNNNG way. Don't over do it. More is not better here - same with your Agsil stuff - I've tried that but your cultivar that you pick to grow may not like that - you need to figure that out. some plants can and do like it some do not and cant tolerate it..why I use Pro-tekt. Very light hand here. All the way to flower.

1666762323260.png

For a sprayer I use this one: Chapin 2002-2 gallon sprayer - you could get by with the 1 gallon - I spray a crap ton of plants, not just canna. We grow a lot of berries and veggies etc outside.

1666762362855.png

Hey brother Bo,

Great minds think alike. I picked up some HSO Black D.O.G. too. It's going to be a good one. 7 to 8 weeks flower times seem a bit short but I'd love to get one that finishes in 7 weeks. I'm growing out their Trainwreck and Blueberry headband right now. Un-Trained and completely natural lol! I really like the vigor of their seeds.

StonerT that foliar recipe Bo listed is awesome. I use it religiously as well. Organics for the win!

I'm sure your girls will love them.The Mars Pro II Grow Light is an economical version light we made based on the Mars Pro. No remote control, but with veg and bloom switches to control different growing modes.Mars Pro and Mars Pro II with better built-up among our lights.:high-five:
Please keep us updated...i'd like to see your girls:cheer:
Hi there Sara - I've got one of your new LED lights in the grow room this round - MarsPro II Cree256 the plain one without any software. I love it so far!

Hey there Doc - hang in there .... I've been there it takes some time and you feel like crap for a bit. Come on out the other side, in the long run you will feel a lot better. Just be patient, get some rest eat some good food and taker easy there's no rush. My doc did me cold turkey... I should have switched docs in hind site. Hang in brother, you will be in my thoughts and many many wishes for good health and happiness. :Namaste:

Yeah Rad's Girl is crazy... I'm hoping for a say 8 zips, I guess I've had bigger but that was old school blueberry from way back in the day. When I chopped she was WAY heavier than any other plant I've chopped in the past few years and she's taking her good old time drying. I'm at 5 days and she's doesn't even have any dry fan leaves yet. I'll get a little fan on her and I'm glad it's been low humidity lately. Yeah I'm stoked and shes sticky as all get out, like ooozing sticky. Organic soil all the way... the best part is yet to come - the taste!!

Chemdawg - I was touching and smelling her flowers tonight - woah talk about resin.. I'm going to grow a bunch more of that one. Really like the HSO stuff I just popped 5 seeds of HSO Black Dog.... purple it is. Everyone likes purple right!? Krystalica still my go to meds tho.. it's got it all.

Little update ... Chopped down another Krystalica yesterday, she's comfortably hanging and drying in our bedroom. This one I chopped a little early to see what a normal 70ish days gets me. The whole house and outside was stinking.

This plant doesn't start to really smell until after I chop... weird but it is what it is. Smells like jet fuel, cannabis resin/diesely with a hint of berry.. and strong. It tapers off after a few days but I could smell her outside when I got home today.. not the best stealth, but then again I know what to smell for and I can blame it on the outdoor flowers which are everywhere right now.

So we did some work in the VEG room - tore it down cleaned top to btm. I have issues when things get dirty... I was in between seedlings/starts and yeah moved a few girls into flower to hang with the grown ups and my wife put on her headband and we got to cleaning all proper and all. What a difference a day makes... whistle wile we work... doo de dooo.

Clean Veg room:

pics_05_02_2016_014.JPG

Now moving on...

Chemdawg looking absolutely spectacular - tonight all my pics are natural light as I changed my lighting schedule a tad to have the lights turn off earlier. I was very busy transplanting seedlings into soil.

I started 25 seeds the other day here's the line up:

10 Dark Devil - trying to grow a pound at one time - so far I have 8 plants. 1 was a dud and one never popped. For some reason this one is my friends favorite... says something about my friends me thinks. I'm a cannabis snob now, whateverrrrr.

5 HSO Black Dog - all 4 of 5 made it - one dud all in soil - these were the fastest to pop along with Kimbo Kush

5 CBG Auto - all 5 sprouted and in soil <-- thanks to KB for these

5 Exotic Genetics Kimbo Kush - 5 for 5 these were started 3 days behind the rest and are all caught up already

Anyways Chemdawg:

pics_05_02_2016_003.JPG

Chemdawg with Krystalica backdrop - I'd say about another month. I'll have to go check in on Pot Chimps grow and read up about when these are ready for harvest. PC I think is the 420mag "Resident in Smoke" on the Chemdawg cultivar. I have him to blame for trying out this one.

Looking good here - healthiest plant I've ever grown and she's still praying. She must really like this lamp I have her under.

pics_05_02_2016_002.JPG

This is the BlackBerry Dream / B45 test strain from Elev8 I got as a freebee when I ordered a bunch of Gorilla Glue. This looks pretty good and is starting to smell like Blueberry... remember when Blueberry was all the rage?? So much time... so little weed!

pics_05_02_2016_008.JPG

Crappy closeup of BBD.

pics_05_02_2016_009.JPG

Krystalica & twin to the left there both same age.

pics_05_02_2016_004.JPG

Close up Krystalica - she's my girl I absolutely love this lady. She yellows a lot but easy to trim.

pics_05_02_2016_012.JPG

Another Krystalica Rad's girls twin ... she's getting close to finish. Very orangey this one is.

pics_05_02_2016_010.JPG

BBD - natural light

pics_05_02_2016_007.JPG

A new girl in the flower room - she's a biggun... I think Purple Pineberry - clone of the one that didn't turn purple. Lets see what we can do in springtime instead of winter? Wait... what? Healthy this one is and responded extremely well to a bit of Epsom Salts in the water.

pics_05_02_2016_006.JPG

Yeah so thats it. Tonight I did a top drench with Aloe juice - pure aloe / 1/4 cup of Coconut water AND a foiler of my usual recipe PLUS coconut water, aloe juice and 1tsp of Epsom salt - spray like it's raining. All the girls and ladies get it even the sprouts. Wish me luck.

Nice update :cheer:

Ok next time I clean my grow area you guys are invited over, (wink,wink) that looks great nothing like a clean start.
That first pic of the chemdawg, hollliiieee smokes.
The top on the BBD is going so strong, strange fact, I like the taste of blueberry but not the smell, I am so wierd.
And the ever lovely Krystalica sisters look like they are as willing as ever to please their cultivator.

10 Dark Devils, duuuuuude! A pounder? Zoinks.

I found the Auto CBG to sprout slower than I expect. Ya know ya look every day some days later ya think maybe not then next thing ya know, a sprout. I dunno. Pretty sure the 2 I have done took 6 or 7 days.

And Indeed watching the Kimbo Kush and Black Dog with interest.
Cannot wait to see the colors you get in the coming weeks.

Cheers

Hi there brother Bo!

Chemdawg is absolutely the picture of health. I'll have to take a pic of my blueberry headband from HSO, it's paying just like your Chemdawg. These HSO beans are really impressing me. The LCOG is such a treat. Couldn't get to the marsh so that's on the books for this weekend. So funny, I Googled stinging nettle in my area and there is a place less than 2 miles from me that a guy had taken pics of them lol. Small world.

When are you going to grow out the Black D.O.G? We should grow one out at the same time to see how homogenous the strain is. Bounce ideas of each other and shit lol!

BBD and Rads twin are beefing up their main colas big and bad like.

I notice some burnt tips. How do you do that with organics? To much of something with N I'd imagine.

:thumb::circle-of-love:

Hi there brother Bo!

Chemdawg is absolutely the picture of health. I'll have to take a pic of my blueberry headband from HSO, it's paying just like your Chemdawg. These HSO beans are really impressing me. The LCOG is such a treat. Couldn't get to the marsh so that's on the books for this weekend. So funny, I Googled stinging nettle in my area and there is a place less than 2 miles from me that a guy had taken pics of them lol. Small world.

When are you going to grow out the Black D.O.G? We should grow one out at the same time to see how homogenous the strain is. Bounce ideas of each other and shit lol!

BBD and Rads twin are beefing up their main colas big and bad like.

I notice some burnt tips. How do you do that with organics? To much of something with N I'd imagine.

:thumb::circle-of-love:

Black Dog - 4 of 5 seedlings growing now.... I transplanted them into starter pots the other day. They still on first set of true leaves so it's not a sure thing yet.

The Chemdawg with the cool days and cold nights (down in the low 40s F / 5-6C) we are having here on the right coast she's getting some purple edged leaves now... I just took a peak in after lights out and snapped a pic with my cell. The HSO beans so far for me are the healthiest of the seeds I've purchased. Of course the home made are best/healthiest.

20160506_193853.jpg

Burnt tips ... yeah thats on the Krystalica I left in VEG for like 100 days ... lucky she's still alive Those were started same time as Rads girl and she's in C-Vaults now. So yeah a loooong time in VEG.

I had to give her some heavy N compost tea. I actually gave all the plants some when I flipped into flower. She was the only one that got that. With Krystalica under normal conditions I don't have to go with too much N just a smooth switch from VEG to flower but she was in a small 5 gal pot and was actually looking like she was going to die... I top dressed with EWC/stone dust/kelp meal and some N heavy tea.

For a N heavy tea I use rabbit berries/kelp meal/rock dust/mycos/stinging nettles/red algae/EWC --> Mirobulator --> water in on plants indoors and out. Kelp meal is probably the culprit but for this plant I'm probably lucky she's still going. I had to cull one of her sisters. I had 4 that went 100 days in VEG (no room in flower) 1 I had to cull, 1 still in veg probably going to take cuttings and cull, the other 2 are here in flower. I don't have high expectations... errr wait, what?? Yields will be not as expected probably should have culled ... they are starting to smell pretty good tho and getting frosty.

KB said:
Ok next time I clean my grow area you guys are invited over, (wink,wink) that looks great nothing like a clean start.
That first pic of the chemdawg, hollliiieee smokes.
The top on the BBD is going so strong, strange fact, I like the taste of blueberry but not the smell, I am so wierd.
And the ever lovely Krystalica sisters look like they are as willing as ever to please their cultivator.

10 Dark Devils, duuuuuude! A pounder? Zoinks.

I found the Auto CBG to sprout slower than I expect. Ya know ya look every day some days later ya think maybe not then next thing ya know, a sprout. I dunno. Pretty sure the 2 I have done took 6 or 7 days.

And Indeed watching the Kimbo Kush and Black Dog with interest.
Cannot wait to see the colors you get in the coming weeks.

Thanks there KB - I'm going to run a craptastic load of AUTOs in the VEG room with the HSO gear. The CBG stuff is there from your journals. :thumb:

I'm planing ahead and I'm running out of time for harvest before our August holiday. We will be taking a REAL Euro holiday 3-4 weeks the month of August. So I'm going to tear down flower room and hopefully only a few plants to not worry about in VEG.

With the Kimbo Kush and the Black Dog I'm doing a true west coast run this time. It's WAAAY early tho... seedlings first set of leaves, a lot can happen or not happen. I am about to sprout plan B. Plan A = 20 seedlings or there abouts.

My wife was raging on purple plants outdoors so I thought I'd show her some purple indoors!

We are own our way.

Alright Bo! You got the jet engine out lol. What an awesome brewer. Coolest thing about it is that it will last a lifetime. Have you upgraded to the EcoPlus 3? Drops the noise level down to acceptable. Those eco 1s it originally shipped with are so freakin noisy.

Heading out to the marsh tomorrow to see if I can locate some stinging nettles. I'll be taking my trusty companion with me. He can chase rabbits and squirrels while I look for some nettles.
:thumb: looking forward to the black D.O.G. it'll be great to see what you do with them.

Hey there Doc - good luck on the search with your buddy... we take our buddy when we go wildcrafting.... try and stay in front of him if ya can! :thumb:

My wife does all this crazy herbal stuff... I watch and learn, then grow it for her! We grow nettles around our first floor windows... just in case there's some trolls hanging around looking for trouble. There's always trolls, just have to stay a few steps ahead of em. Walking in nettles with shorts is gonna hurt a fair amount! I can imagine someone standing in our nettle patch in the dark.... I bet they think they just got attacked by fire ants! hahaha

Anywho... gonna do a little pictorial update:

First up - Chemdawg getting purple.. first run of this - so far so friggin good, eh? Natural light camera flash after lights out.

This was yesterday - several nights with temps down to 60F in the flower room

20160506_193853_1_.jpg

4 days ago VVV before purps!!

pics_05_07_2016_003.JPG

Chemdawg again a few days ago before purps.... she's getting purple edged leaves all over now.

pics_05_07_2016_007.JPG

Ok moving on...

Krystalica my go to meds 4 my stash

pics_05_07_2016_020.JPG

This is Krystalica from seed from 2 runs ago...

pics_05_07_2016_009.JPG

Again from my own seeds - the seeds came from one bud about 3-4 runs ago....

pics_05_07_2016_010.JPG

Krystalica again another one

pics_05_07_2016_008.JPG

Krystalica # 4

pics_05_07_2016_011.JPG

Purple Pineberry that never got purple the last run - clone ... she's a pretty big plant and taking forever to flower (Chemdawg did that).

pics_05_07_2016_025.JPG

Krystalica - Rad Girls twin sister ... she went 80 days in VEG - at flip she had flowers in 1 day and I think she's only been in flower 50ish days and looking close to being done.

pics_05_07_2016_024.JPG

BBD - Blackberry Dream... changing shape .... she's a shape shifter. Getting mature and a few of her large fans are yellowing a bit.

pics_05_07_2016_022.JPG

Crappy pic of BBD - she's starting to stink up the place... that skunky smell seems to come and go depending on what I put in water.

This past week was 2 IPM foilers, the usual with some coconut water and aloe added. Watering I did a malted corn tea (non-GMO organic), no bubble just ground to a fine powder and water in with some Epsom Salts about 1 tbs to 5 gal RO water and some coconut water. The malted tea weather its corn or barley triggers the flowers to pop some more and usually a lot more pistols. I'm trying to get that Pineberry to flower so encouraging her with some coconut water/EM-1/malted corn. It's working on all the other ladies!

pics_05_07_2016_021.JPG

Group shot of the flower room. The Krystalica are the shorter plants far along in flower - they don't take up a lot of room; This pic shows the size sorta... in relation to each other. My lighting is set up so I don't need to worry about how large the plants get (to a point) and let them all grow natural, trying to keep the shorter plants in the middle front so I can water more easily.

Large lady on the right is Chemdawg
to the back left of Chemdawg is BBD
the big one there in middle is the Pineberry;
there's an LSD-25 we cant see here; down low say high!
way in the back left and right are 2 Mandala Far Out plants just getting into flower.
The shorter plants with the biggest buds are Krystalica. There are 4 we can only see 2 here.

I ran some of the Far Out last run and its got a nice stony buzz, head high energy with a nice easy relaxation thing on the back side, very good and strong med with a relaxing deal after a few hours. It's a 50/50 hybrid and grows and tastes a lot like Krystalica but plants are larger. I've been testing a few of the other Mandala strains... branching out I am!

pics_05_07_2016_015.JPG

Freakin killing it here Bo! That Chemdawg is just so healthy looking. I want to eat her lol. Maybe smoke her would work better. Nice to see all the different strains you got going.

How are the Black D.O.G. seedlings doing? That is supposed to be one fast finishing plant.

Couldn't get out to the marsh this last weekend so I'll have to go hunting nettles this coming weekend. Looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom