Crop King Seeds Originals - White Widow - Blueberry - Journal

@ Shiggity.

Thanks and they are! Ya, I tend to have stoners working for me, so.. You can't expect much haha But their family and close friends of the family. So their easily trusted when I leave.... (Obviously "trusted" in certain ways now"...) Let me know how your gurls turned out shiggity! They probably just need some water/ or a feeding. But I know what you mean.. lol It's always nail biting leaving your "children" alone for more then 24 hours. Let alone not lay a eye on them :/ Hope all is well brotha. Hit me up with a update when you figure out your situation! :)

Well, I just got back from Colorado. Was a blast! My birthday. (January 6th) Ended up getting a-hold of some PURE Afghani landrace genetics straight from the mountains boyz and girlz! I'm so F'n pumped to grow these out and start breeding em. I have "Afghani Purple kush, and the ORIGINAL Afghan strain". I managed to get my hands on 2000 of the purples and 1000 of the Afghan's. As a breeder primarily I am overwhelmed with excitement. I have been waiting a loong time to get my hands on some REAL original afghani landraces. They're like secretive heirlooms that are hard to come by these days. Especially the legitimate original genetics... I have more then enough to spend the next few years playing around with them. Testing them with other genetics to see what's good and what's not. :cheer: Especially to get the Afghani Purple Kush... I love me my purples and Blue's..

Anyways, on with the show!

SO, I do believe my last entry was a sad one. Well, I would like to inform you everything has turned around since I came back from Alaska. :) They had some symptoms from the numb nuted kid. PH fluc burnt them a bit, had nitrogen toxicity, and some werent even fed. Nevertheless, everything is back to normal and vigorously thriving. ;) I crunched in cloning, sexing, super cropping, LST training, lollipopin, and SCROG'n before I left for Colorado. The plants have taken very well to everything. They are starting to fill out the net, especially that white widow. (Love growing WW, she loves to be trained and topped)

So let's get into it, after cloning I was able to tell that I had only 2 males out of my 5 blueberries. So I discarded the lesser of the two, and the other one, I trimmed up and quarantined from the group and hit him with 12/12 so I can start to get some pollen for breeding! Here is my main man!
IMG_142728.JPG

IMG_142831.JPG

IMG_143022.JPG

Handsome little chapp now isn't he? ;)

After quarantining this little bugger I started to lollipop the rest of the garden as well and installed a 5.5ft long x 3 ft wide custom SCROG (All my other ones I have are being used in other rooms, so I got crafty for fun.. After all, this is my "fun room" ((Mostly to teach the misses how to grow and keep you all entertained while still educating everyone at the same time :p)).

Here's what the girls look like meow, lollipopped and under the SCROG.

This was the first day of installing the SCROG and lollipopping.
IMG_139223.JPG

This was this morning. She's starting to fill out nicely :)
IMG_141531.JPG

I have to let them grow for another 2-3 weeks before I flip the switch. I want to make sure all the branch's are nice and long so i can evenly weave them through the netting. Right now some of them are to small and need more time to grow. I managed to keep the internodle spacing at 1 inch (in some cases less). I have been topping and super cropping the shiz out of them as well. So we are expecting to get a big yeild at the end of this one (for only 5 plants...) So I have 3 Blueberries and 2 white widow's that have made it to the final. One white widow is a little stunted from the kid before. But since I've been back in control she has taking off. So she's in with the others, not as big, but still topped allot and supercropped.

Here's the one white widow;
IMG_141929.JPG

The one at the farthest end here is my other white widow;
IMG_141826.JPG

I'm giving them a few more weeks of growing, then I'm flipping the switch..
IMG_142627.JPG

By this time I might have my male producing pollen. I will extract as much as I can into a plastic baggie then store my pollen in my fridge. 5-7 weeks into flowering I will then take the pollen out and get a Q-tip and lace one branch on my big beautiful vigorous white widow and dabb her up with some Blue "juices", therefor not effecting any other plant in my room with seeds. I only want/need a few hundred seeds of the "Blue Widow" so if anyone is interested in some F1 "Blue Widow" seeds. Send me a PM and we can probably work it out. :) BUT, I'm going to be stabilizing the strain I create to have stronger phenotypes and good stable genetics. So if you want to wait until I back cross then we can do that too. But if you're still interested shoot me a PM ;)

Here's a look at the temperature and humidity of the room and how branchy and bushy I got them gurls to be. Also you can see where I super-cropped. This is a blueberry the day after I installed the SCROG. She's bigger now as you can tell with my pictures above. I also set my first net a little bit higher up so the branch's have allot airflow underneath. When they are big enough this works just as good as setting the net right on top of them. (I will be using another net along with bamboo when these gurls are growing in flowering.)
IMG_139727.JPG

Here's when I first super-cropped them. (this is in my "garden cleaning / bathroom" I built attached to the grow room.)
IMG_138031.JPG

So all in all, things are back on track. I'm a busy guy so sorry about the delay. Ill try to update this journal at least once a week from this point on. (I just smoked a huuuge blunt before I did all this, so sorry if I missed anything, if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask away!) :Namaste:

Here's how they look under semi-normal lighting;
IMG_137430.JPG

IMG_137833.JPG

Thanks Shig! This time I specifically had the misses KidGrow take care of the garden. She did a very good job. I was gone for 7 days. Ya they are turning out pretty good. They we're pretty shocked from all the crap before. But they survived and thrived ;)

Well, I must say. I'm so far a little displeased with how long these seeds are taking to germinate. The paper-towel I am using and the water are now at equal temps. 19 degrees. I am using only reverse osmosis water. The first 18 hours I had them in a cup. (They also took about 24 hours to sink....) Then I placed them in a paper towel on a plate with RO water at 19 degrees. The humidity in my room is at 67%... We are on our 4th day of germinating now there is only 1 out of the 10 that has a taproot fully showing. But mind you that tappie is 1 centimeters long, so not very big... CK's I'm not hating yet cause this might not mean a thing. But I haven't germied a seed for 4 days in years. If they don't germ in 3 full day's then I toss them. It tells me they might have less vigor then the others... But I also deal with hundreds of plants a day, so I have my phenotype selection start right at the seed. If you can't crack and tap me out a 3 quarters of a inch root + in 72 hours. Your gone. But since I only ordered 15 seeds,( saved 5 blueberry regs) I do not have this privilege. I will wait another day or two to see where these seeds get me. I know I'll probably only get a few seeds out of this, so I'm hoping one of the blue's is a male. Just so I can get on crossing WW with BB and making blue widow clones.

All in all so far, ( i know chitty chit happens from time to time. But...) not impressed with the CK's seeds thus far. This isn't to say everything wont turn out.. But so far. UN-impressed with the germie process.

IMG_075132.JPG

IMG_075032.JPG

i had the same experience with the blueberry seeds from CKS, they took nearly 7 days too fully get a good tap root to plant into my rockwool, and out of 10 , only 6 germinated. with my white widows 18 out of 20 germinated

i had the same experience with the blueberry seeds from CKS, they took nearly 7 days too fully get a good tap root to plant into my rockwool, and out of 10 , only 6 germinated. with my white widows 18 out of 20 germinated

We're 0 for 2 on CKS WW so far. Hoping we get something out of this 5 pack...

Just wanna say thanks to all the new subscribers! :passitleft:

[just a little update]

So after talking with miss KidGrow, we think we are going to take this room a step farther.. Come spring time, we are adding another 12x12 feet to the room. Right now it's just 9x9x8 that I split for flowering and vegging. I really don't want to have to use one of my production rooms for my :420: journals, cause of the convenient location of where this room is on the property compared to my large facility out back. Since this room is already an addition onto my main house (convenience part') ;) ) I'm going to just make it bigger this spring, & deck it out completely with all the the proper amenities. (I have a bunch of extra 1000 watt Hps's and 600 watt MH's lying around the property, along with a few 50 ft roles of panda plastic and enough to make a decent drip system. So we'll get it figured out within the next few months) Here's what my room looks like now with "closed doors"; 2x9x8 & a 7x9x8
IMG_143638.JPG

When I'm finished this is going to be a 21x21x8. SOLELY dedicated too :420: & my journals.
We're going to be growing some sweet,smelly, high brix marijuana in there ;)

Ok, so. Thanks for the responses you guy's. Ya, I had 25 seeds total at the beginning of this venture. 5 WW and 20 BB's (WW is unfortunately fem'd so that's why I got so many Blue's on the go. For breeding purposes but yet, the want of a few females to grow out to test CK's blue line and see there different phenos and genetics.)

Here's a picture I took today. They're filling out nicely & starting to smell, we love the smell here and do not have to worry about it, so we never use filters or anything to mask it. We are far away up in the mountains where nobody can find us :) (The two little guy's you see on the floor are "BlueHaze, & BlueLights", two little plants misses KidGrow wants flower out and try. (she asked politely :));
IMG_144129.JPG

As for the clones I took off the white widow, they are looking more then happy and very vigorous.

IMG_144429.JPG

I also numbered each pheno to find the best at the end. (each strain of CK's I have)

(Sneak PeeK) Here's what my clones look like in the other building :) ;
seedlings-in-soilless.jpg

Here's what the BlueHaze looks like;
IMG_143927.JPG

Here's the BlueLights;
IMG_144929.JPG

:blunt:Letting everything go another week then switching em to 12/12.

Temperature is @ steady 26.5 degrees Celsius
Humidity is @ 53%

So that's just a mid week update. I'll have another one soon. Going to be extracting pollen soon! :hookah:

Love to see a smooth running set up. I dig the peek into your clone room KG. And we cant even see all the clones! Haha nice. love it.

There's 250 clones on that table, but my guys where in the middle of transplanting them, so they hurried me out of the room. This is the picture I managed to snap.:high-five::Namaste:

(The "sneek peek" is a prelude to the video i'll be shooting this spring in there) My garden has been apart of 2 documentaries so far, and I think "BrownDirtWarrior" On youtube wants to do one of my building this spring and fall, to get a look at his genetics and how they are grown by a pro compared to your regular home grower..(For his personal channel on youtube, something to do with a comparison video) We have been talking via email for some time now.. I hate having new people here. I'm a VERY cautious individual, cause if something goes wrong up here there is no one to save us, or the plants. I have 40 acres in a very remote location here in the mountains of BC. But I also have 10 to 15 employees working on the property at all times. 2 of which are scary lookin haha. 0-o

Awesome looking grow! Just came across your journal... Subbed for sure! Would love some of those blue haze beans! Thanks for keeping your journal, its great to see others sharing their knowledge on growing this amazing plant :thanks:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, the 'early sexing' was almost a 100% :loopy: It seems we might be having a male come about in the mix.

IMG_149820.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
However, if this is the case I am going to get rid of my other male and keep this guy. He's much more vigorous and healthy. So I ended up "Lollipoping" him early just in-case I have to remove him. I also put all the leaves and branch's back through one 4 inch square in the scrog. Also, for the easiness of removing later.. So if this guy starts wanting to pop off, I can easily remove him and quarantine him in a little 2x4x5 tent, to collect his pollen. (Don't mind the broken stem, "transferring accident", happens to the best of us :laughtwo::Namaste:)
IMG_149922.JPG

IMG_147625.JPG

Also, I have some real big signs that these girls want to start flowering. One of the blueberry girls must of gotten a accidental mix or solution of the blooming nutes. Cause she's starting to flower, or so deeply asking to be switched. Take a look at her pistils! She's just asking to get some of that possible pollen next door:eyebrowsmile:
IMG_147521.JPG

They are all showing signs of wanting to be switched actually. So I'm going to do as they please. I'm satisfied with their size and want them to start producing.. So I'm switching them to 12/12 as of tonight. I can even see frost starting to appear on the bigger fan leaves. :drool:

So, when I switch my girls over into flowering mode, I always decrease the humidity (RH) by 5% (from 55% generally speaking when about to flip). So I'm sitting at 48-50% RH. & I always decrease the temperature from 27-28, to 24-25. This is helping the plants realize that fall is on it's way, and they need to start producing them budz before the frost hits. Remember we are trying to duplicate the outdoor enviroment as much as possible, but without stressing our plants. I tend to always decrease by 5% in humidity each week after I've been flowering for 3 weeks, and I do my final lollipopping. This will give me around 10-15% RH by the end of my flowering. This is a really good technique for everyone to learn. This will help the plant induce double or even sometimes triple the amount of resin, or resin production. Also help keep mold issues from occurring. When flowering, it's the most susceptible to mold, so by regulating the RH too lower levels your helping your plant from getting any mildew/mold/bud rot issues while increasing resins. Heck ya! :thumb: As for the temperature. I bring it down to 24-25 and stay there for 6 weeks, in the last 2 to 3 weeks I will lower it 1 degree a week until harvest. By gradually lowering RH and the temperature, you don't stress the plant.. Allows the plant to "do it's thing without being disturbed". You don't want any big adjustments in your feed/nutes/fert. Just as much as a 10 degree jump in Temperature, or 10% in RH can effect and harm your plants. It's to much to fast, & will start stressing your plant out. Small gradual incremental adjustments to feeding and enviroments alike, are the safest paths to walk on. ;)

So here is my enviroment now (Already changed the timer settings today to 8am-on 8pm-off)
IMG_150720.JPG

I'm starting another journal by tomorrow on the ones I'm going to be filling the room up with when these are done. (BlueHaze/White Widow) Also we will be using high brix super soil from here on out.. I will explain "high brix" and "super soil" in that journal.

As for misses KidGrow's plants she so kindly asked to have flower in our room, it turns out, the BlueLights is a male, and the BlueHaze is female.

BLueHaze
IMG_149724.JPG

IMG_149529.JPG

BlueLights
IMG_144929.JPG

IMG_150423.JPG

Here is some of the soils I use during the winter months, I literally have skids full of these two soils out back;
IMG_145623.JPG

IMG_146528.JPG

IMG_146629.JPG

soil26.jpg

I mix all my composts 50/50 with HP worm casting mycros.. When I go to pot I soak the soil with PH'd water, toss it around a few times, then pot it. This allows for no "drain holes" to occur in your medium. It's also good practice and sometimes a must when using a "hot mix" to have a "barrier/buffer zone" between mediums. Depending on how big/old your plants are... So I put a 2 inch to 3 inch layer of HP soil mix ontop of my 50/50 mix of composts. When transplanting young to mid veggies. (This allows the roots to not get burnt and establish themselves before entering the "heavy rich feeding grounds":thumb:)

I Always keep my PH between 6.0 and 6.5, depending on the stage of growth.

I'm also getting everything ready for the second Net to go on. ( I like to keep a 12 inch or a foot distance from each net. I will be using bamboo as well if need be)

So, there is another update. I felt I had to do this one cause of the estrogen levels in the room:laughtwo::loopy:. Also because I'm flipping them earlier then what I wanted.

I'll be making another journal within the next 24-48 hours of my other plants. They look way better then these genetics. I think your all going to agree after you see them. I just finished LST'n them and they are looking sexy mainlined. Anywho, that's for another journal. Hope I was able to explain some of the process I use for you all. Feel free to drop or add anything into the mix. I'm always one with open ears!

Peace, love and happiness to all, sending good vibes to and throughout the community.:Namaste:

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom