Cultivator's Return - Multiple Grows

Ok so heres a daily update.

First the Gorilla Glue #4 numbers are in. There was 67oz dry. Actually way better than i thought but still a good 50oz short for that system. Never mind.

20171207_185935.jpg

20171207_185913.jpg

20171207_184412.jpg

20171207_184408.jpg

20171207_162836.jpg

The seedlings are taking off now. They were growing slower than id like buy i realised today that 1 of the contactors was broken so only half of the lights were coming on and off, essentially meaning no dark period. This may not seem like a big deal and in the scheme of things its not huge, however the plants certainly grow faster and stronger with a dark period in my experience. They root far better too. So i have added a new contactor and resolved the issue. I think these will veg another 3 weeks then flip.

The 2nd room for the Alien system has been finished today. Much cleaner and set up properly. 3x3 rows of 600w hps so that will aid in maxing out that space. I didnt get any pics of that today but i will tomorrow.

I havent trained the plants. I done one bend in the toos but the node spacing is so tight it is better to let these grow for now. At the minute the whole room looks like the same strain, we have 3 very different strains in there so im sure characteristics will start to show more noticeable soon. I dont get the best pics with the lights on butbbelieve me when i say they are beautifully healthy green.

20171207_154737.jpg

20171207_154752.jpg

20171207_154855.jpg

20171207_154916.jpg

20171207_184408.jpg

20171207_155257.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy what you are seeing as much as i am..

Peace.

Ok so heres a daily update.

First the Gorilla Glue #4 numbers are in. There was 67oz dry. Actually way better than i thought but still a good 50oz short for that system. Never mind.

20171207_185935.jpg

20171207_185913.jpg

20171207_184412.jpg

20171207_184408.jpg

20171207_162836.jpg

The seedlings are taking off now. They were growing slower than id like buy i realised today that 1 of the contactors was broken so only half of the lights were coming on and off, essentially meaning no dark period. This may not seem like a big deal and in the scheme of things its not huge, however the plants certainly grow faster and stronger with a dark period in my experience. They root far better too. So i have added a new contactor and resolved the issue. I think these will veg another 3 weeks then flip.

The 2nd room for the Alien system has been finished today. Much cleaner and set up properly. 3x3 rows of 600w hps so that will aid in maxing out that space. I didnt get any pics of that today but i will tomorrow.

I havent trained the plants. I done one bend in the toos but the node spacing is so tight it is better to let these grow for now. At the minute the whole room looks like the same strain, we have 3 very different strains in there so im sure characteristics will start to show more noticeable soon. I dont get the best pics with the lights on butbbelieve me when i say they are beautifully healthy green.

20171207_154737.jpg

20171207_154752.jpg

20171207_154855.jpg

20171207_154916.jpg

20171207_184408.jpg

20171207_155257.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy what you are seeing as much as i am..

Peace.
Veg. is going nice Cult. You're gonna have some nice bushes in three wks. !! You gonna top them ?

Helluva pile of Nugz Cult, new girls are looking nice and healthy

Yes they do look great, now the roots are established they will grow real quick.

Veg. is going nice Cult. You're gonna have some nice bushes in three wks. !! You gonna top them ?

No i wont top them mate. Im not a huge fan of topping, i dont think its necessary. Maybe if doing a scrog but even then i would just bend them.

First congratulations on the harvest. That is pretty awesome from the outside looking in even though you might not have hit your mark. Shit is impressive to me.

I have been following your coco methods as a general guideline for growing. My plants are growing great just finishing up week 3 of veg. I topped my plants and started some LST of the fresh branches but I have heard you mention bending the plants rather than topping. Is this super-cropping that you are doing where you are crushing the stems, or more of a gentle daily action?

The second question i have is transplanting from fabric pots. What is your method there. Plastic pots let the whole root ball come sliding out. Fabric moves as does the coco. Any advice on doing that?

Welcome.

So basically i never top. I feel it slows growth too much for no benefit at aĺl, or no benefit to the way i grow anyway. i just bend the plants over above the growth nodes. This method allows the side branches to grow more and keep up with the main stem growth. You can bend the side branches àlso and it will encourage more flowering heads with zero time taken off veg time. Sometimes i pinch the stem.or roll it gentky between my finger and thumb. I try not to snap the stem But sometimes it happens and in this case it will heal most of the time without problem. I guess it is like super cropping really bit once the plants are in flower i dont bend at all. Everything is done in tbe veg périod.

I dont transplant from fabric pots. I mostly start seedlings in 1litre pots and get them rooted. Maybe 2 weeks in those pots, never more that 3 and then they go into their final home. In this journal the grow in spain started in 7 litre pots, this is because they were clones not seedlings and i knew id be gone for a while so i wanted them growing and rooting at the same time. I go plastic pot to fabric pot.

Its just not necessary im coco to pot up multiple times tje way you would in soil. The growth rates everywhere arw so much faster in hydro that when you have got a small rootball established it will grow rapidly in 3 or 4 weeks enough to fit up to a 25litre pot. If you go bigger than that id recommend starting in 7-10litre pots. But when growing indoors i dont see the point in ever growing in pots bigger than 25litre unless its a mother thats been going a long time. If you are moving from fabric to fabric you could just pot the pot into the bigger pot and the roots will grow through but then you couldnt reuse the fabric pots.

Finally i know that yield is more than some people ever see and im gratefull i have the ability to have grows that give me kilos or lbs at a time. But just to put it in perspective the space is around 4x4m2 running 6x600w hps. 11oz per light in a space like that is pretty shit for an experienced grower but i will be sure to make sure it doesnt happen again. The room build and the grow was rushed but that has been rectified and the rooms will be shown in the next updat to what has been modified and set up, the waybit should have been done first time.

Just incase this reply is gibberish in anyway, ive had a few beers tonight lol. Sorry i will be back on the ball tomorrow.

20131229_145555.jpg

20131229_141513.jpg

20131229_134638.jpg

These are the only pics i can find with a quick search tbrough my photos here these take it a bit too far as i dont go as fat as tbis any more but i just bens and open up. I also prune which is different yo topping ofcourse. Back then i was more caught up on being so precise. Ive figured now that even slight bending will maximise yields and infact due to the way these are growing now with such sort interodal spacing they probs wont be bent at all. Just a little fol if needed.

Peace

So i went to get the jobs finished thatbi started friday but i left my tools at home by mistake so i just fed plants and put new bulbs in.

The plants are looking mega healthy and the the plants for the system really do need to be put in asap. I will get them in on monday.

20171209_204823.jpg

20171209_204850.jpg

20171209_210501.jpg

20171209_221141.jpg

20171209_210505.jpg

20171209_220416.jpg

20171209_220344.jpg

20171209_210521.jpg

I took the pics in between changing bulbs. Plants are real bushy and very tight node spacing. I think i will veg another 2 or 3 weeks then flip.

Ive no idea. They arw good systems but too be honestbthe cheaper IWS system does the job just as weĺl. I like flood and drain set ups though, they simple yo use, save a lot of time on handwatering and it means if you cant get to the grow for a day or 2 it will do the job for you. But there are downsides. If its not dialled in correctly you cań have nightmares with root probs, lock outs and stagnant growth. Theybare best used witj straight up clay pebbles but coco 60/40 mix will wirk great too.

Great lookn setup bro and the girls are bangin in those pots. Also great job on that pile of greatness lol. I ran a flood and drain table wen I first started out. It only held like 4 r 5 plants nuthn like what u got. But yea now i stick with hempy grows to get my hydro fix in :rofl:

I’ve done a couple of runs with flood & drain using rockwool, next time I think I’ll use the pebbles

Pebbles are def great when done correctly. Id suggest running a chiller to keep water temps optimal. This is my first run wiyj coco/pebble mix in a system like this. I saw my friend do it and i actually think i will do better with this medium. But we will see.

Great lookn setup bro and the girls are bangin in those pots. Also great job on that pile of greatness lol. I ran a flood and drain table wen I first started out. It only held like 4 r 5 plants nuthn like what u got. But yea now i stick with hempy grows to get my hydro fix in

Hempys are ok but i ran them for a while and i spent more time picking them up after knocking them over and they fiddly to maintain numbers and you need numbers to fill a space. I think out of everything i do and have tried over the years, nothing beats top feeding coco for consistant excellent results. Whether thats hand fed or automated with drippers, you just cant go wrong when you understand the basic fundamentals of coco growing. There are other set ups that can give faster grows and more yields per m2 but they tend not to have the consistency that coco does. Especially for the minimal work coco needs.

I run the flood and drains because i have them from a while ago bit i doubt i will buy any more unless i can smash this coco/pebble mix and then i might run all the rooms like that. However right now i think drippers will be the way forward.

Cultivator at this point i must say you are not messing about lol, marvelous really. regards

Thanks. Its just the norm for me mate. I sometimes look over some of the grows i have done and think 'holy fuck!' Haha. I never show anything too big here infact tjis might be the biggest ive shown, or journalled anyway. Ive been doing this so long now that its second nature. Back in the days when i first joined this site i never would have shown what i do now but the landscape has changed so much in the past 8 years that i feel its my duty to show what ive learned over the years. There are times i get fed up of growing and the past 3 years have had lots of challenges. But now i am much more relaxed, older, wiser and have a more sensible working group helping me out thatbit would be difficult to not set up quality rooms.

Yes they do look great, now the roots are established they will grow real quick.

No i wont top them mate. Im not a huge fan of topping, i dont think its necessary. Maybe if doing a scrog but even then i would just bend them.
I've tried both ways and I seem to get about the same yield, either way ? 90% of my growing has been with clones. I've got strains that I been growing for two yrs. or more. Got 5 strains now, since my Stepdaughter brought me a pineapple chunk clone, which I gave her a yr. ago. But we don't grow for $$, so a variety is great. Harvested 4 plants yesterday & started another grows , day 1 of water only. the leaves are doing the same as the other tent did. 3 days after my final flush and they're clawing and turning brown & blond colors, then they turn crispy. I wonder if it effects yield ? Hope all's good Cult.

Back
Top Bottom