Cut off top of colas in preflower by mistake, argh!

101beginner1982

420 Member
Hi yall, first grow, topped plants late in veg and it worked, switched to flower but 8 days in was worried about plants getting too tall. Some one told me you can still top in flower although I thought it odd, like a dick I did it anyway. Took off 8 of the top flowers off, obviously now I realise that these tops were what was going to be the top colas. Feel devastated 6 weeks hard work for fuck all... There's lots of other bud sites be these would have been the biggest. Should I carry on or should I just start again?

Welcome to 420,101:welcome:
You should have gotten here a little sooner...but all is not lost...

The next nodes down should sort of "take over" for the tops you removed-you may have slowed things down a little,but you'll still get some good smoke out of them,maybe just not as much.

They might surprise you-since you did it early,you might even get more out of it than if you hadn't done it...can't say for sure,since it's not something people do very often...
Let me know how they turn out if you get the chance..

Sometimes we learn the hard way

You chose that road for sure

Lol

Let it go, probably do ok, a pic would help judge the tragity

You've found 420 now. Any other questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask. The members here will help to keep you from making costly mistakes.
The best thing I think that you can do for yourself as a new grower is to read, read and read some more. The virtual halls here are filled with all of the info you need to be successful. And if you need a guiding hand, just ask.

Welcome.

Super-cropping would have been an option. Simple if it's just height that's the issue. If it's height in a full room, lol, it might take on aspects of trying to create and simultaneously solve a 3D jigsaw puzzle.

Cool Carcass thanks for the quick reply... That is some good news I suppose just will always be wondering about what could of been lol will know better next time, its all a learning curve I suppose, just wish it wasn't such a costly mistake... Oh well onwards and upwards thanks pal

Probably too late but you could try to clone what you cut off..

Hi yall, first grow, topped plants late in veg and it worked, switched to flower but 8 days in was worried about plants getting too tall ...
Hey @101beginner1982 ... live and learn ... it's not a huge mistake ... you'll get some yield.

I'm glad to see you posted ... you're in great hands now with the senior members here ... they like challenges and seeing everyone recover and succeed.

Looking forward to a picture when you get around to it ... and then seeing your grow get back on track!

Hi guys, after fxxking this grow up, I'm keen to get onto the next one, but I'm gonna stick with it because I still need to learn the drying process and whatever else, but was wondering if I could speed up the process by changing lights to 13 dark 11 light even 14/10? Was else can ido to boost them little buds up. Used bud ignite for first 2 weeks now gonna use bud xl till the end of flowering. Should lprune big fan leaves and cut off little buds at the bottom of the plant to transfer more energy to the top buds so it's not a complete write off... Thanks

Hi guys, after fxxking this grow up, I'm keen to get onto the next one, but I'm gonna stick with it because I still need to learn the drying process and whatever else, but was wondering if I could speed up the process by changing lights to 13 dark 11 light even 14/10? Was else can ido to boost them little buds up. Used bud ignite for first 2 weeks now gonna use bud xl till the end of flowering. Should lprune big fan leaves and cut off little buds at the bottom of the plant to transfer more energy to the top buds so it's not a complete write off... Thanks

Ok Mister thats enough of that bad attitude and negative energy. I'm going to get @SweetSue over here for positive energy and attitude therapy. There is an army of huggers on this site so get ready for that lol

:hug::hug::green_heart:

What you have done here is not a big deal imo. It will slow it down some to catch up, but will grow more branches and be bushy. And that means more bud sites.

I think new growers over care for their plants. We all do because we want them perfect, high quality, high yield.

My approach was to do a first grow with very little intervention. This would give me a base line from which to assess benefits if any from other feeding, training and pruning techniques. When people do all sorts of things at the same time, they have no idea what is causing what.

I dont know if changing light schedules will help or hurt them. For sure I would not trim anything else at this point. Leave them be to stabilize and get healthy. Down the road you may want to trim a leaf here and there to expose bud sites. But not now.

Go easy on the nutes, good water but not too much, good light, and a gentle breeze. Thats all they need.

Something to do to prepare for other grows is to research organic soils, and vermiposting. THis would grow healthier plants and let you get rid of the expensive chemical nutes.

Good luck and best wishes for your grow....it will all work out fine. :thumb:

Hey Pennywise how's things guy? Asking a question on this thread because I don't know how to start a new one, useless at this technology shit lol, it's non stop raining here and humidity is at 94% outside, humidity in tent is at 65%,but my air intake is coming straight from outside so am I fighting a losing battle? Got a little 4inch fan sucking in air from outside, should I switch it off and just let the passive air come through, slow the air intake down as it were? Would this help? Wish this rain would fxxk off, its the middle of June ffs lol

Back
Top Bottom