Dakine Real Maui Wowie In The Midwest

I think next time I use these small pots I'll run a top feed on a timer.

That's what I'd like to do for the SOG tent. I was hoping to win one of the manifolds but may just buy a couple the price is good enough.

I want a sub irrigated living soil setup for the big girl tent still playing with ideas.

Looking super Turbo! Really great.

I posted a q for lady gaea about the Mauis that I will repeat here...
I exchanged some messages with Mel Frank recently - a growing legend and awesome canna photographer with a great insta account - as I was keen to see if he had any pics of MW growing from ‘back in the day’. Unfortunately he doesn’t have any pics but was happy to tell me he did grow it once and saw it growing many times. Said that the structure of the plant and Buds was always very standard hybrid looking. Not overly sativa like or lanky, and with nice tight buds.
:Namaste:

Would you say they’re fairly within that description? I see some that look just perfect, but not sure if they’re the MW or something else.

:Namaste:

Looking good! You have it all here! Can't wait to see all of those seeds you end up with. You will have a lot to play with!

Quite frankly, idk what is bad about certain man traits... I just remember that as 1 of 15 things on the list. And my bad not chiming in earlier. I would have if I had seen it. I wonder if it's like an auto flower? Regardless they look really great. keep at it!

Thanks ladies!
Hmm typical hybrid? Maybe? I mean they look like pot plants. Most of these have been maintained to create a flat canopy rather than letting them go wild any longer.
The one that hasn't been canopy controlled is maybe more prototypical than the others, one nice Central main cola lots of lower branches coming up to make a canopy below that. Lots and lots of nodes.
But the big male he seems a little different. More long cola structures, wider spacing less foliage. The buds all look quite similar at this point.

Experiments are never a waste if learn something from them.
This is true.
As well I don't personally think it's a serious issue. In fact one of the breeders whom I respect highly believes it has little to do with the overall selection process for him. If it's a great male, it's a great male no matter when it starts it's flowers. I'd have to try by experimentation as you are really but as are many things there must be pro's and cons and remember the progeny should have a decent selection to choose from. Don't feel any frustration at my post's expense please because i'm a noob:) Cheers and looking excellent Turbo!

I saw a video with meangene and basically the selection process is just what you happen to be looking for. Males used for breeding outdoor plants you may not want the biggest heaviest clusters of pollen sacs because if he transfers dense flower traits to his female offspring it could lead to mold and rot. Indoor plants you could get away with if your space is dialed in. The males I chose to continue my Xmas Bud I chose for the Pine scent mostly. Right now it's mainly a lemon scent with pine in the background. Hoping that changes with time.

I added pics i forgot of the big male to the earlier post. I like him a lot.

Yea the early male was a weird one. He flowered completely independent the light schedule. Full of flowers with 18hr lighting.
I just dropped some of the beans he made in for a cold soak. I'll run em in a bucket and see what they do.

I saw a video with meangene and basically the selection process is just what you happen to be looking for. Males used for breeding outdoor plants you may not want the biggest heaviest clusters of pollen sacs because if he transfers dense flower traits to his female offspring it could lead to mold and rot. Indoor plants you could get away with if your space is dialed in. The males I chose to continue my Xmas Bud I chose for the Pine scent mostly. Right now it's mainly a lemon scent with pine in the background. Hoping that changes with time.
Awesome information! I respect Meangene very much, especially for breeding some seriously resilient top shelf strains.

My number 13 Dark Plasma (Forum Cut x Obi-Wan OG) appears* the winner and I know that's folly to say as I need to smoke the final product before I decide (DJ Short reminded me of this listening to a recent panel).
However I still think it's important to pay attention during grow for many morphology related and vigor related traits (me personally). Frost content is acceptable with this Plasma girl, it's no Kickflip (Supernova Cut Purple Punch x PB & Jealous male which is SquareOne's selected stud this year from a highly worked PB Breath male line I think. For whatever reason, they are just soo frosty it's like what I said of the Ocean Grown genetics all over again. I'm not sure if my number 5 lost some potency but these SquareOne Genetics are just incredible...)
Anyway :)
Sry...Plasma 13, after 2 years of hunting that 13 pack of Ocean Grown this one has the piney smell that's very loud and unmistakable. The 10 has the lime OG flavor that I like and a great daytime effect and hopefully a full spectrum light will help with stretch...
...We scored some Deadhead OG years ago that smelled of pine from across the room and this is like that when you rub your fingers together after gathering some resin, however it began as a old school Trix cereal smell with pine on the back and as they are going into the ripening phase the pine has moved to the front quite a bit more. I wouldn't be surprised if yours did the same.
I think it has to do with the more volatile terps coming on later...it will be interesting to see if that is a trend over the years. Has anyone noticed this? Like the more Gassy, or Loud in general terpenes come on later?

Mmmm terps. My theory is just chuck all the pollen now and hunt next year. I just need more roooooom!

Back
Top Bottom