DD Stable Of Impermanence

No recommendations. I don’t know enough about your other inputs or about foliars in general to make em. I just like knowing what folks are using when I’m watching a grow. Learning by observation all the time.
I’m still rehearsing how to use fish hydrolysate in sprays. I have mostly only used seaweed tea and casuarina (type of horsetail) teas when I do them DIY. I have a commercial canna growing product line that uses foliars - and they are dosed really low. I think I’ve often made my fish ones too strong. I know plants love seaweed/kelp foliars though.

So - just asking for my own mental records :) I’m in a long transition back into making my own soil and inputs so foliars of all kinds pique the curious bone right now!

You know, so long as they make things look a little blurry - they look ok ;)

They really are nice though. So nice in fact that even though the rest of this plant is now in the harvest window (ie. parked under a skylight in the garage), I’m looking at the distance between now and when the next GZ veggers come on with some anxiety. :laugh::straightface:

An impermanent but joyous time at the stable!

So after busting my butt doing an emergency harvest overnight, I suddenly found myself transported halfway across the country.

You know the shiny, rippling interdimensional wall at the back of @DonkeyDick 's flower room? That's where I appeared.

I was quickly ushered upstairs to where the jarred treasures were. And this was the beginning and the end of the "working" part of my working holiday. As DD might say, I had my "tongue hanging out my ear" for the rest of the trip. I can't actually remember what I tried first - I think it was the C99 x Blueberry? God it was good. Unbelievably good.

In anticipation of my visit, DD had set aside a branch of Gorilla Zkittlez to dry for the past week. I then got on to trimming that down. I learnt quickly that dry trimming is a pain in the arse. But daaaaaamn those flowers smelled incredible. It was both candy-like and.. meaty?? I think that's what we vaped next.

The rest of the day was an euphoric blur, for me. I was absolutely blown away when I was shown the garden. Could only stand and stare at all the plants. I was somehow mentally unprepared. I think when you see so many photos of cannabis plants you think you've seen them all. But I'd forgotten that the only plants I'd seen IRL were my own. When DD had carted out all the flowering plants, I had a magical time standing amongst them.

The Gorilla Zkittlez and Wedding Cake x Cheap Trick had my favourite smells out of the bunch. The flowering Bubba's Sis is still a little behind those so it was harder to compare smells, but that one is stacking very nicely.

The next day, we got to play with the press! My favourite part was watching the gap between the two plates, and the moment where the gleam emerged from the darkness. I think we first squished some C99 x Blueberry, followed by the Critical Purple Kush.

IMG_1295.jpg

That day I also helped DD water some of the plants in the garden, before I watched him up-pot the unhappy looking Candida in the back-right, which was yearning for a bigger home!

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

We did many other lovely things. We listened to a Pot Cast episode featuring Nspecta from CSI Humboldt over chicken sandwiches and cups of tea. We took the dogs out for a couple of walks, smoking Sage 'N Sour against the wind. I had some blissfully peaceful sleeps. We gossiped about 420. I got to smoke a Candida joint. I sampled some of the best damn flower I'd ever tasted. I loved being on the road and watching the unfamiliar landscape unfold around me.

So very grateful for DD hosting what was essentially a much needed escape from my life.

:adore: :green_heart::cheer::ganjamon:

Excellent writeup Sy, and glad you had such a full and fun time. The stable girls, the testing of their buds and squishing them too, great stuff. I presume the Candida was the first time you've had a CBD strain, what did you think of the effect, or was it sandwiched between so many THC heavy hits that it all got blurry?

I must also add that I had a wonderful time meeting and hanging out with @Sugarleaf !!!!

:adore: :green_heart: :headbanger:

Excellent writeup Sy, and glad you had such a full and fun time. The stable girls, the testing of their buds and squishing them too, great stuff. I presume the Candida was the first time you've had a CBD strain, what did you think of the effect, or was it sandwiched between so many THC heavy hits that it all got blurry?

Cheers Stunger! It was a real joy. I remember we smoked the Candida deep in the afternoon, and I was very buzzed at the time, but I felt like it rounded off any edges I was feeling, and by the time I was done with it, I was properly liquefied. :laugh:

Beautiful post.
For a beautiful wonderful host.
:love:

:green_heart::thumb:

A real sense of being there! Thanks Sy

You're so welcome! :Namaste::thanks:

An impermanent but joyous time at the stable!

So after busting my butt doing an emergency harvest overnight, I suddenly found myself transported halfway across the country.

You know the shiny, rippling interdimensional wall at the back of @DonkeyDick 's flower room? That's where I appeared.

I was quickly ushered upstairs to where the jarred treasures were. And this was the beginning and the end of the "working" part of my working holiday. As DD might say, I had my "tongue hanging out my ear" for the rest of the trip. I can't actually remember what I tried first - I think it was the C99 x Blueberry? God it was good. Unbelievably good.

In anticipation of my visit, DD had set aside a branch of Gorilla Zkittlez to dry for the past week. I then got on to trimming that down. I learnt quickly that dry trimming is a pain in the arse. But daaaaaamn those flowers smelled incredible. It was both candy-like and.. meaty?? I think that's what we vaped next.

The rest of the day was an euphoric blur, for me. I was absolutely blown away when I was shown the garden. Could only stand and stare at all the plants. I was somehow mentally unprepared. I think when you see so many photos of cannabis plants you think you've seen them all. But I'd forgotten that the only plants I'd seen IRL were my own. When DD had carted out all the flowering plants, I had a magical time standing amongst them.

The Gorilla Zkittlez and Wedding Cake x Cheap Trick had my favourite smells out of the bunch. The flowering Bubba's Sis is still a little behind those so it was harder to compare smells, but that one is stacking very nicely.

The next day, we got to play with the press! My favourite part was watching the gap between the two plates, and the moment where the gleam emerged from the darkness. I think we first squished some C99 x Blueberry, followed by the Critical Purple Kush.

IMG_1295.jpg

That day I also helped DD water some of the plants in the garden, before I watched him up-pot the unhappy looking Candida in the back-right, which was yearning for a bigger home!

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

We did many other lovely things. We listened to a Pot Cast episode featuring Nspecta from CSI Humboldt over chicken sandwiches and cups of tea. We took the dogs out for a couple of walks, smoking Sage 'N Sour against the wind. I had some blissfully peaceful sleeps. We gossiped about 420. I got to smoke a Candida joint. I sampled some of the best damn flower I'd ever tasted. I loved being on the road and watching the unfamiliar landscape unfold around me.

So very grateful for DD hosting what was essentially a much needed escape from my life.

:adore: :green_heart::cheer::ganjamon:
:high-five:
Good to see ya. It was more than fun to share the gear. You know you’re always welcome here.
:passitleft:
That gorilla zkittlez sure has a beguiling nose on her. We’re eating a candy with a similar name and Sugarleaf says it tastes the same. I think feet, too. Mmmm

Here’s this..

Thanks for coming on down to the Stable. Take care of the night, folks!
:peace::love::morenutes:Peace, love and meatballs.

Back
Top Bottom