Derby's Fly By Night Photos

Derby, what type of butter do you use? Mine is expensive grass-fed origin. I haven’t used butter since 2017. I typically choose coconut oil for brownies, which is about all the Canna cookery I’ve been doing lately.

I got so excited about that rocket fuel idea that I haven’t had anything for wake ‘n bake yet. :laughtwo:

Time to amend the oversight. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good Morning Happy Stoner Friends. :yahoo:

Another day of wonder greets us. I don’t know about you but I’m setting up my batch of about-to-become-rocket-fuel brownie oil that’ll be in production for at least three weeks.

:hmmmm: I’m remembering that I have a trip coming up in three weeks, which means I’ll be able to take just a few brownies with me when I go and take smaller doses. If I start today I’ll have them all ready to go before I leave.

Perfect timing. :cheesygrinsmiley:

A thought:

Canna’s batches are with alcohol, and she lets it sit for two weeks before opening the MB2 to potentiate.

Derby let his sit for three weeks.

We already know that running through will potentiate, but I’m wondering if what’s potentiating to rocket fuel isn’t simply some terpene changes brought about during that long sit.

I’d come across other murmurs in the Internet over the years. One in particular that comes to mind was a gent that let his oil infusion sit in a crock pot for two weeks and it was so potent it blew him and his friends away.

I think, I really think it may be more to do with the sit that follows the additional heat cycles.

Don’t even try to catch up. Walk into the rooms and just pick up. :hug::hug::hug:

Hmmm...... you have me thinking now. :hmmmm: Canna Montana had the same thing happen with an alcohol tincture she’d left closed up in the MB2 for two weeks. It’s now become a standard practice when she wants more potency.

So...... obviously there’s a hidden aspect to decarb and infusion that we aren’t picking up on with our testing, or at least it seems that way to me. WTH are we dealing with here?

And it’s good to see you derby. :hug: :love: :hug:

Now what do we do with this information? You can be sure I’m putting together a batch of special brownie oil this morning and let it go through the cycles for about a month. :laughtwo: Guys.... if we’ve stumbled upon another Canna mystery that we can pick apart....

This feels like a study hall project, or would a dedicated thread be more advantageous?
Glad to be slowly making my way back. Will have to skip what I've missed or I'll never get back.
As far as starting a new thread that would be great but I'm not to sure I have the time to devote to it. I just wanted to let everyone know that there are hidden treasures if you have the time to explore them. Just watch what you wish for and make sure your day is open to enjoy the ride. In other words this is not something that you want to experience at work thinking that it's going to help with your daily pain relief.

I’m gonna make a batch of brownie oil, run it through two cycles over two days and let it sit in the fridge for the next three weeks. Then I’ll make some rocket-fuel brownies and let you know how it goes Derby.

Glad to be slowly making my way back. Will have to skip what I've missed or I'll never get back.
As far as starting a new thread that would be great but I'm not to sure I have the time to devote to it. I just wanted to let everyone know that there are hidden treasures if you have the time to explore them. Just watch what you wish for and make sure your day is open to enjoy the ride. In other words this is not something that you want to experience at work thinking that it's going to help with your daily pain relief.

The trick is finding the effective dose. You thought you’d be able to use this oil like previous runs, and discovered it won’t work the same way. Lol!

This is very much like the potentiating effect of fermentation. We had to learn to control cobs too. I stick to no more than 0.2 grams of cob in any given day.

A thought:

Canna’s batches are with alcohol, and she lets it sit for two weeks before opening the MB2 to potentiate.

Derby let his sit for three weeks.

We already know that running through will potentiate, but I’m wondering if what’s potentiating to rocket fuel isn’t simply some terpene changes brought about during that long sit.

I’d come across other murmurs in the Internet over the years. One in particular that comes to mind was a gent that let his oil infusion sit in a crock pot for two weeks and it was so potent it blew him and his friends away.

I think, I really think it may be more to do with the sit that follows the additional heat cycles.
Agree Sue. I think the cooling cycles are also a big part of the puzzle.
If I was looking at going to the moon in 3 week's I would run 6 hours @ 160f, cool a min of 12 hours in the frig, run again for 2 hours @ 160f, cool for a week in the frig, run 2 hour sessions each week and before I would strain.
My problem was my wife and I watch IT for the first time and I was hallucinating with that weird ass clown Pennywise in my head all night long. Waking the next morning and going to work still to buzzed to be productive till close to noon. Hell I don't even remember if it help with my pain or not. Just wasn't the time or place.

Derby, what type of butter do you use? Mine is expensive grass-fed origin. I haven’t used butter since 2017. I typically choose coconut oil for brownies, which is about all the Canna cookery I’ve been doing lately.
Missed this one Sue. I use ghee for my butter for cookies and grapeseed oil for my brownies and topicals. I also make my cbd oils with grapeseed oil and take 1 m/l 3 times a day for inflammation. My joints have never felt better since my teenage years.
So in a nutshell I make 2 different oils, high thc for sleeping brownies and high cbd for ingestion for inflammation. Butters are always high thc for sleeping cookies.

@SweetSue do you recall my conversation with you on the biobombs I had made?
I had refrigerated them, pulled them out and let them come to room temp. Then put them in the freezer, to the fridge and room temp again.

They were much stronger than the ones that went to the fridge only.

Uh huh... I recall that now. Must have been what sent me your way. :kisstwo:

I know the lecithin is playing a significant part. Every time you send oil through a cycle it lets the lecithin disperse those molecules more finely.

Hmmm.... I’m wondering if there’s any advantage to more than two cycles of heat? :hmmmm:

@SweetSue do you recall my conversation with you on the biobombs I had made?
I had refrigerated them, pulled them out and let them come to room temp. Then put them in the freezer, to the fridge and room temp again.

They were much stronger than the ones that went to the fridge only.

Doob and I were talking earlier about what effect this might have with CCO, since at the time we were theorizing that it’s got to be something with the terpene curing. In that case there should be no appreciable gain from using CCO, since the terpenes are essentially destroyed in production.

What you’re reporting defies that theory. Does it lend more weight to the lecithin’s influence?

Missed this one Sue. I use ghee for my butter for cookies and grapeseed oil for my brownies and topicals. I also make my cbd oils with grapeseed oil and take 1 m/l 3 times a day for inflammation. My joints have never felt better since my teenage years.
So in a nutshell I make 2 different oils, high thc for sleeping brownies and high cbd for ingestion for inflammation. Butters are always high thc for sleeping cookies.

Thanks Derby. :hug: More mystery at every turn. Lol!

You have me thinking about the CBD oils. I’m in a less-than-accepting state living among a community of seniors wracked with pain. I see evidence of this in their shuffling walking patterns, and I’m near-desperate to offer them something that doesn’t have any THC in it. Most of them are under pain management contracts, and here they test for THC and drop you like a hot potato when it shows up.

I have a sense that infused oils would be more therapeutically effective with this population than smoking will ever offer. I have access to legal CBD flower right down the street. I’ve been considering making some oils with those buds, adding essential oils to compensate for the lack of THC, and seeing what impact it can have on their comfort levels.

What do you estimate your ratios of THC to CBD to be in your inflammation oils?

Doob and I were talking earlier about what effect this might have with CCO, since at the time we were theorizing that it’s got to be something with the terpene curing. In that case there should be no appreciable gain from using CCO, since the terpenes are essentially destroyed in production.

What you’re reporting defies that theory. Does it lend more weight to the lecithin’s influence?

Hell if I know, but they are very obviously stronger.

Thanks Derby. :hug: More mystery at every turn. Lol!

You have me thinking about the CBD oils. I’m in a less-than-accepting state living among a community of seniors wracked with pain. I see evidence of this in their shuffling walking patterns, and I’m near-desperate to offer them something that doesn’t have any THC in it. Most of them are under pain management contracts, and here they test for THC and drop you like a hot potato when it shows up.

I have a sense that infused oils would be more therapeutically effective with this population than smoking will ever offer. I have access to legal CBD flower right down the street. I’ve been considering making some oils with those buds, adding essential oils to compensate for the lack of THC, and seeing what impact it can have on their comfort levels.

What do you estimate your ratios of THC to CBD to be in your inflammation oils?
I always keep some cbdutch treat from the king. That's the only thing I run from them. Sativa dominate 2-1 ratio. 12% cbd & 6% thc. That might get them in trouble. Can't stand smoking the stuff. Gives me the shakes but in oil I really can't tell.

I always keep some cbdutch treat from the king. That's the only thing I run from them. Sativa dominate 2-1 ratio. 12% cbd & 6% thc. That might get them in trouble. Can't stand smoking the stuff. Gives me the shakes but in oil I really can't tell.
Only thing from Crap Kings ive liked
And i liked it ALOT

Oooo.... I have some of them, if memory serves. Of course, I’m not growing right now, but I’ll be ready when the time comes.

Thanks Derby. That THC level wouldn’t work for most, but I have someone particular in mind. :5;

And now you have me wanting to try a 2:1 with Candida and Carnival. :laughtwo: I recently tried it as a 1:2 and it was so racy it almost scared me. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom