Dick23rk's Fresh Start: Mantis Nutrients Featuring MedicGrow's New Spectrum X+ 880w Light Panel

Maybe at one point it wasn't available in the US?
Canadian Pete moss has a max amount that can be harvested per year so it’s likley a scarcity thing more than not having it at all. I live in Canada though. Lots of CPSM here. I’ve used Pro mix hp , bx, and hp cc. All work but the coco is the most forgiving. Although prettt sure I got fungus gnats from it. Lol.

Canadian Pete moss has a max amount that can be harvested per year so it’s likley a scarcity thing more than not having it at all. I live in Canada though. Lots of CPSM here. I’ve used Pro mix hp , bx, and hp cc. All work but the coco is the most forgiving. Although prettt sure I got fungus gnats from it. Lol.
I'm sure we all know fungus gnats if we grow soil. I found this grow that the Fox Farms Happy Frog and Ocean Forest, at least the 7.5 cubic feet I bought (4 large bags), had ZERO fungus gnats. But that's the exception, right? So we all know how to beat them but I learned one extra trick that not everyone knows so maybe it'll help and maybe it's old news to you.....CINNAMON. They hate it. So once you've let your soil dry all the way and the larvae can't survive in the dryness, you sprinkle a decent coating of cinnamon on top of your soil. The fungus gnats that are still hanging around will avoid that soil from then on and not lay further eggs. It worked great my first grow and it was in veg so the cinnamon made the tent smell great and didn't affect my enjoyment later of smelling my buds instead of cinnamon. Yes, as you water it goes into the soil. No, cinnamon cannot hurt your plants in the least.

For what it's worth!

Pro Mix is available in the US. What you talking about? Pretty sure @InTheShed isnt importing it. Before switching to coots I was growing in pro mix hp cc which has coco. Good stuff.
Maybe now it’s available in the US but there was a time when Promix made a product that was only available in Canada. I don’t know what made it special but you know how it is... if you can’t have it you want it more.

I'm curious.

Can my neighbors to the North get Canadian bacon? :laughtwo:

Well I had to grab some more calimagicsince I'm running low, also pot elevators and better saucers which I've been wanting for some time now. So I found a Canadian website that had these as well as a root zone additive. I grabbed the current culture uc roots. Seemed like a fair price compared to the others and should do the trick. Here's the description

Cultured Solutions UC ROOTS is a multipurpose root zone optimizer that uses proprietary chemistry to aid in mineral descaling and the removal of potentially harmful biofilms in nutrient reservoirs. By reducing the potential habitat for plant pathogens, UC ROOTS has been shown to aid in root development.
UC ROOTS is suitable for all hydroponics applications including Rockwool, NFT, DWC, RDWC, Ebb-N-Flow and substrate based DTW applications.
• Use in any hydroponic growing system
• Promotes thick, bright white roots
• Eliminates risk of Root Rot
• Increases ORP, creating an environment unsuitable for pathogen and fungi development
• Dissolves mineral buildups, reducing the risk of nutrient lockout
• Maintains a clean and clear nutrient solution
• No risk of root burn
• Neutral pH of 6.8, NO pH buffers necessary
• Reduces labor and decreases equipment maintenance
• Use at any stage of growth all the way to harvest
Hey @dick23rk
Hope your well
Just had a look at that uc roots..
Well.... that’s not cheap is it:)
How much did you pick up? It’s a mortgage for 2.5 gal here. I’ll keep an eye on yours, see how good it all is.

Ya im here in Canada too, usually the promix hp is always available. They just hadn't gotten their spring stock in yet at Canadian tire and I live an hour away, so I went with the sunshine bale. Haven't gotten any bugs from my bales that I've seen in the past.
I'm sure we all know fungus gnats if we grow soil. I found this grow that the Fox Farms Happy Frog and Ocean Forest, at least the 7.5 cubic feet I bought (4 large bags), had ZERO fungus gnats. But that's the exception, right? So we all know how to beat them but I learned one extra trick that not everyone knows so maybe it'll help and maybe it's old news to you.....CINNAMON. They hate it. So once you've let your soil dry all the way and the larvae can't survive in the dryness, you sprinkle a decent coating of cinnamon on top of your soil. The fungus gnats that are still hanging around will avoid that soil from then on and not lay further eggs. It worked great my first grow and it was in veg so the cinnamon made the tent smell great and didn't affect my enjoyment later of smelling my buds instead of cinnamon. Yes, as you water it goes into the soil. No, cinnamon cannot hurt your plants in the least.

For what it's worth!
Never had any fungus gnats here, at least not that I've seen haha
Thanks for the info though, another tip to try if I do get them.
Maybe now it’s available in the US but there was a time when Promix made a product that was only available in Canada. I don’t know what made it special but you know how it is... if you can’t have it you want it more.
Always the way, oh I can't get that? Now I must find a way to acquire it lmao
I'm curious.

Can my neighbors to the North get Canadian bacon? :laughtwo:
You better believe it.. but even better... maple bacon! Cut straight from maple trees :rofl:
Speaking of Canada, has anyone heard from OntarioGro?
Not sure who that is.
Yes. We call it back bacon I believe.
Mmm back bacon, thickly sliced oh so goodness :drool::drool:
How about scrapple? You guys do scrapple? Scrapple rocks my world. It's so nasty and so yummy.
What is scrapple? Maybe we have another name for it? Lol
Hey @dick23rk
Hope your well
Just had a look at that uc roots..
Well.... that’s not cheap is it:)
How much did you pick up? It’s a mortgage for 2.5 gal here. I’ll keep an eye on yours, see how good it all is.
All is good my friend thanks for asking.
The place I got my uc roots it was 35cdn for a quart. 100 for a gallon. Does seem pricey, same with my nutes, but seems worth it lol

Maybe at one point it wasn't available in the US? I always used promix hp but there wasn't any bales when I went looking.
ProMix HP used to be available at Lowes in Los Angeles, but I can't find it any more. Anyone interested in finding out where in the states it's available should PM me so I can give you the sales rep's contact info. Doesn't seem right publishing it here on an open forum.

ProMix HP used to be available at Lowes in Los Angeles, but I can't find it any more. Anyone interested in finding out where in the states it's available should PM me so I can give you the sales rep's contact info. Doesn't seem right publishing it here on an open forum.
Funny how one moment things are available and then all of a sudden it's not. Happens here in Canada as well.

On another note, I'm some friggin glad this light panel fit in my buddies day cab, tight squeeze. I didn't realize 2 boxes were coming either, it's the uv and ir bars in the second box.

Ya im here in Canada too, usually the promix hp is always available. They just hadn't gotten their spring stock in yet at Canadian tire and I live an hour away, so I went with the sunshine bale. Haven't gotten any bugs from my bales that I've seen in the past.

Never had any fungus gnats here, at least not that I've seen haha
Thanks for the info though, another tip to try if I do get them.

Always the way, oh I can't get that? Now I must find a way to acquire it lmao

You better believe it.. but even better... maple bacon! Cut straight from maple trees :rofl:

Not sure who that is.

Mmm back bacon, thickly sliced oh so goodness :drool::drool:

What is scrapple? Maybe we have another name for it? Lol

All is good my friend thanks for asking.
The place I got my uc roots it was 35cdn for a quart. 100 for a gallon. Does seem pricey, same with my nutes, but seems worth it lol
Yeah man £300 here 2.5 gal. About 500 ish for you that’d be. Double the price I think?
However.. if Mantis get some of there magic to the uk, I’d be all over it. So long as it’s not £100 + ltr.

Yeah man £300 here 2.5 gal. About 500 ish for you that’d be. Double the price I think?
However.. if Mantis get some of there magic to the uk, I’d be all over it. So long as it’s not £100 + ltr.
But can't you get a smaller jug? I don't think you need 2.5 gallons haha. Although a quart likely won't last me long in hydro.

There's your answer below on the nutes lol

Just so y know I’m not full of s***
ED9D12C4-BAA6-4291-935A-1AA55BAFEE11.jpeg

Hey @dick23rk
Thanks for all the info so far..
I’ve ordered some mantis.. at£85 a feckin ltr.
Hope it does what it says on the tin.
Hope that helps out a bit. I’ll let you know when it lands.
£85 a feckin ltr... hope it’s goooood man.
Peace to ya
No problem man. I hope you like it. It's been pretty good to me so far. If you use RO water you'll have to add some calmag to it before the nutes, Mike recommended 100ppm calmag.

Yep it's expensive stuff for 1 bottle, but like Mike said, it'll cost a lot more for a full line of nutes, even the cheaper ones like GH which I have as well. And I haven't touched my ph bottles at all.
Confident that you will enjoy using it! Yes it does seem pricey for just one litre but just remember that it replaces everything else needed including pH up and down. Cost out all the nutes needed for a healthy grow seed to harvest and the price point is sure to be in the same range. Keep us in the loop on what you think once you put the sauce to work :)
Thanks for helping out Mike. I didn't realize it was available over in the UK. There's been a few people interested in it.

No problem man. I hope you like it. It's been pretty good to me so far. If you use RO water you'll have to add some calmag to it before the nutes, Mike recommended 100ppm calmag.

Yep it's expensive stuff for 1 bottle, but like Mike said, it'll cost a lot more for a full line of nutes, even the cheaper ones like GH which I have as well. And I haven't touched my ph bottles at all.

Thanks for helping out Mike. I didn't realize it was available over in the UK. There's been a few people interested in it.
Hey man
Hope your good
It’ll all depend on the results in the end I suppose mate.
ill keep an eye on your grow on the way.
Cheers

Ok folks, the time has come, sort of lol. Got the new light panel in, I stalled the uv and ir bars, and hung it up temporarily. It may not stay in that exact spot, but you know how itnis when you get a new toy, it has to be put to work asap :laughtwo:

So I took a few shots here to keep you all on your toes.
First is with just my 2 x 600w MH bulbs in the hoods (for comparison)
Second is the new panel at 33% with red button and uv/ir button ON.
Third is the panel at 100% with red and uv/ir buttons on.

That's all you'll get for now lol I gotta go get a load of poopsoil and a straw bale from a farmer for our veggie garden this year. We will have a full review, lots of info, and lots of pictures to come over the weekend. All I can say is wow, this thing is friggin bright! When I turned it on under half with my MH lights on, we were near blinded at first haha
Here's how things sit right now

Hey man
Hope your good
It’ll all depend on the results in the end I suppose mate.
ill keep an eye on your grow on the way.
Cheers
For sure man. Will be nice to see someone else using it as well. Any questions feel free to ask. If I haven't got the answer, Mike will.

Back
Top Bottom