DobeWan's Perpetual Adventure 2.0: The Reboot

That would be amazing, I was thinking the exact same thought. We like mostly the same plants, I used your journal as a reference when looking for strains. So yah, I'm down. I bought dollar store led's that I was gonna stick in a container and just experimenting with that. Weird how you just guessed that.

To be honest, ever since I met Suntana, I was gonna drive a bunch of clones to him. So I started working on a way to transport them by vehicle. But it never materialized cause he vanished, never came back. So my project kinda fizzled but I still have the parts I was going to use. I have so many ideas for shipping them, because we must not allow them to look like clones being shipped. The problem is the size of pkg that must go into it.

One time I had up to 30 clones and I had to compost them. That's a crime in my books. Let's get this done for relegalization cause I'm up for a challenge...think about how many people can benefit from one plant. I LOVE IT!

Are you going to quadline?

Not exactly, although it’s the same basic idea in terms of structure. I top like Ase does but I don’t train quite the same afterward. Maybe when I want to minimize veg time, but I’m leaning towards doing an intermediate pot up (1g) and going 45-50ish days in veg in total. That way I can let the slower plants catch up and flip them all at the same time.

That would be amazing, I was thinking the exact same thought. We like mostly the same plants, I used your journal as a reference when looking for strains. So yah, I'm down. I bought dollar store led's that I was gonna stick in a container and just experimenting with that. Weird how you just guessed that.

To be honest, ever since I met Suntana, I was gonna drive a bunch of clones to him. So I started working on a way to transport them by vehicle. But it never materialized cause he vanished, never came back. So my project kinda fizzled but I still have the parts I was going to use. I have so many ideas for shipping them, because we must not allow them to look like clones being shipped. The problem is the size of pkg that must go into it.

One time I had up to 30 clones and I had to compost them. That's a crime in my books. Let's get this done for relegalization cause I'm up for a challenge...think about how many people can benefit from one plant. I LOVE IT!

I have a local former 420mag friend with whom I can swap in person, but we definitely need shipping options. Winter is super tricky because of cold trucks and depots. Legalization should hopefully bring more options too.

I think rockwool and a hard case are key - no soil or coco to move around and expose roots, and no way for things to get bent and broken. The light source is another thing. Cheap LEDs seem as good an option as any.

I bet there are some 420mag folks with ingenuity who’ve come up with something!

I know one of the LPs uses a product called Clone Shipper, but you need to order something like 24 of them at a time at $300+ USD.

Ok cool, I usually top then use lst to try and keep everyone as level as I can.
Yeah, I’m going to LST but ultimately my goal is to just keep training tops to an even canopy. I know Violator Kush will respond to this because it’s how I did it in the fall - I experimented with bending branches to get the canopy aligned and was happy with the results.

The big one for me is the LA Confidential high K demand in week 5. I want to grow it again so I can nail it.

Hey DW. How did your chocolope end up? I'm wanting to grow some, does it live up to the hype?

I like it a lot.

I manifolded it and grew it in a 5 gallon pot which was great for yield but a pain in the ass, because it grew really tall and each of the 8 stalks needed support. I got 3oz IIRC? Too lazy to go back and check. But yield was pretty solid, on the high side if my expectations and abilities.

I let mine go longer than I should have, not realizing a sativa would show different signs it was done. I’d like to see how the effects differ if pulled a little earlier.

I got meaty, sticky buds. The cured buds have a very flowery smell. Effects wise, it’s more of a relaxed sativa than an overpowering one. I’ve had Ghost Train Haze recently and it’s not like GTH at all. GTH is the type of sativa that’s great in the right mood, but if I’m anxious about something, I’d avoid it because it would enhance the anxiety. I find Chocolope isn’t like that at all - I’d be fine to have it when I have something on my mind because it would relax me. It’s like a blissful, positive head high. Pretty clear and focused relative to other sativas.

My brother had a Chocolope x Cheese cross compared against Sweet Island Skunk and preferred the Skunk. My buddy had the same and preferred the Chocolope x Cheese. If you like a sativa like I described Chocolope is great. If you prefer something more psychedelic I’d try something different.

Thanks UA! Decided to give the 50mm lens a try for it, and it worked out well. I think I’ll document how I transplant next, I started to get the pots ready last night.

Making your Journal into a tutorial is a good plan, many future noob's will thank you for that!:thumb:

I have been surfing some of the recent started journals from many noob's that haven't ever grown a plant before let alone MJ...they tend to spend good $$$ on the equipment but fail to do the research on how to use it and expect a huge return...anyone can sprout a seed but taking that seedling to the next steps and a good finish is the hardest part indoors or outdoors...remember back around last June/July... a couple of noob's, one growing in Coco and one growing in RDWC & Coco!:laughtwo:

Hats off Dobe, spread your gained knowledge and keep learning and refining...that is the future!:goodjob:

20180109-all-21V-001.jpg

Left side is the plants I topped on Tuesday. Violator Kush in the background, Amnesia x OG in the foreground. No surprise, VK has quickly recovered, whereas AxOG has just started to get moving again. If AxOG looks good tomorrow night, both will get potted up.

Middle is the plants I topped tonight. My second Liberty Haze on top, and White Widow (!) on the bottom. The new growth on the Widow was coming in nicely enough that I decided not to wait and top up a node higher. I might have to do a little training to get the right shape but that's no issue. I could have waited 1 additional day on these two but they're as far along as AxOG was on Tuesday, and I want to get them potted up this weekend as well.

Right side is Liberty Haze 1 (the slow seed) in the background, Royal Gorilla (the late starter) in the foreground. Both are getting there and might even be ready to be topped before the weekend is out.

I'm moving all plants to 1 gallon plastic pots, where they'll stay for a couple of weeks before moving into 3 gallon Smart Pots. If I wanted to get through veg more quickly, I'd skip this step, but I really want to take Royal Gorilla into flower on this run and not my next, so I want to run a longer veg to allow it time to catch up.

Back
Top Bottom