DobeWan's Perpetual Adventure 2.0: The Reboot

That’s cool you can share with your dad!

Literally the last thing he said when he parted ways after the holidays was, “Now once you get the hash figured out, send it down!”

I got him the Cervantes grow bible for Christmas and he was thrilled. I have no doubt he’s going to try an outdoor grow at some point, but when he saw my setup he was pretty intrigued to try a tent as well, and he’s got an ideal basement for it. We’re months from legalization so I’m sure he’ll wait but I’ll make sure he hits the ground running.

There ya go and get him started here at 420

Is there a discount if I sign up the whole family? Free seeds from the sponsors perhaps? Maybe I can get a volume discount on family seed orders? :laugh:

My brothers will likely start when legalization comes into effect too... my older brother and my dad are likely going to collaborate since they live in the same city.

Really loving the Amnesia OG lately, a workhorse, like yours its coming on strong despite a setback. Could be a real beauty after all. I have high hopes for yours...and the Liberty Haze....and the White widow lol. I was seconds away from buying black widow from Mr Nice.

Good luck! Mine smelled like old gym shoes for a while lol

420_UrbanAchiever_IMG_8576_unedited_TOPS.JPG

Not sure if theres any discounts Dobe, but you should be able to win the monthly contests whenever you want. Lol.

I never even thought of that - my own personal voting bloc! :laugh:

I think we'll have more Canadians winning contests in 2018... I'd love to see what percentage of forum users is Canadian, and what percentage of new forums users is Canadian. Feels like our numbers here keep growing and growing, with legalization looming.

Really loving the Amnesia OG lately...

Yeah, yours looks great in the photos. I love how my reaction was, “ooh, old gym socks!” - funny how the smells I go out of my way to avoid are the ones I want from my week! Come on, skunk spray and cat piss! :laugh:

My Liberty Haze is coming around, so overall this should be a very Haze influenced crop cured just in time for the spring / summer weather.

I was pretty tempted to pick up White Rhino over Christmas myself. And another suggested by a friend that I’ll stay quiet on for now, since it’s a great idea if I go through with it! Too many strains, not enough time.

I spotted this on the microgrowery subreddit and thought it might be worth stealing and sharing: they’re using Velcro strips as ties for fabric pots. I have settled on fold back clips and wire ties, but might give this a try too.

69B97BFA-2AA7-4C15-B21C-F2246180E12F.jpeg

13V update!

20180103-all-13V-001.jpg

Top row: Liberty Haze x 2
Middle row: Royal Gorilla and Amnesia x OG
Front row: White Widow and Violator Kush

Violator Kush is the star of our show. I'm happy this is the case as it's the best one for my medical needs. She's about a little ahead of where my fall VK was at this point, right in line with where my Critical was. This bodes well.

20180103-VK-13V-001.jpg

20180103-VK-13V-002.jpg

20180103-VK-13V-003.jpg

White Widow is growing vigorously, but it's really odd growth. Would the trauma I caused her as a seedling be causing this? Or could it be a poor seed? I lean towards the seed given that the growth is fast. I have so many White Widow seeds I'm wondering at what point I should consider her a waste of time and move on.

20180103-WW-13V-001.jpg

20180103-WW-13V-002.jpg

20180103-WW-13V-003.jpg

20180103-WW-13V-004.jpg

Amnesia x OG was one of the seedlings that went in 2 days later, so technically she's 11V. I was surprised to go back and see that she and VK are both probably among the fastest starts I've ever had. She's about the same in development as the Critical from my aborted fall grow as well. She's 3 days ahead of the lead 24K from my first grow. She's pretty much claiming her spot in flower.

20180103-AO-11V-001.jpg

20180103-AO-11V-002.jpg

20180103-AO-11V-003.jpg

Royal Gorilla finally looks like she's back in action. I planted her on the 26th, so she's 9V. I also knocked her out of the solo cup after half a day in it, so she definitely had to give over some time to recovery. She first poked her head up on the 29th, which was 4V. Shot those first leaves out and then not much else. But her first set of true leaves - node 2 - is finally moving, so I know she's on her way. And I checked my fall grow, and my RG seedling then was only slightly ahead of this pace. Maybe she'll make it in time for flower with this round after all - moving Widow to the sidelines.

20180103-RG-9V-001.jpg

20180103-RG-9V-002.jpg

20180103-RG-9V-003.jpg

Liberty Haze is also recovering well after the slow start. Liberty Haze 1, the seed that took 4 days to germ, is moving after her slow start, but a couple of days behind the other plants in this grow and my last in progress.

20180103-LH1-11V-001.jpg

20180103-LH1-11V-002.jpg

20180103-LH1-11V-003.jpg

No big deal, given Liberty Haze 2 - like the Candida from my fall grow she's quite clearly a sativa, and she's actually a little ahead of the fall Candida.

20180103-LH2-11V-001.jpg

20180103-LH2-11V-002.jpg

20180103-LH2-11V-003.jpg

Altogether after the slow start, things are really coming around. Violator Kush, Amnesia x OG, and even my 2nd Liberty Haze are vigorous plants set to impress. Royal Gorilla looks set to make it happen too. Liberty Haze 1 is going to sit on the sidelines and bide her time. Who knows that I'll do with White Widow. If I was a betting man, I'd bet the flower lineup looks set to be:

Violator Kush
Liberty Haze
Amnesia x OG
Royal Gorilla

Learning tip: If you have the patience for it, and you want to really be able to compare to previous grows to learn, take lots of dated photos. I put the strain name and date in the filename to make timing and strain easy to track down. Comparing these was a cinch, so I could quickly see where I stood.

Confidence level is rising once again - I think we might be in for a show! Thanks for following along!

I had one like yours that didn't shed its helmet right away in my first grow and it made the growth funky until the 4 or 5 node stage and then it straightened its self out, it seemed confused on which leader to follow..I think it was a Purple Kush seed.
I would give it a little more time and see what it does...sometimes the weird plants turn out to be the best plants!:smokin:

I had one like yours that didn't shed its helmet right away in my first grow and it made the growth funky until the 4 or 5 node stage and then it straightened its self out, it seemed confused on which leader to follow..I think it was a Purple Kush seed.
I would give it a little more time and see what it does...sometimes the weird plants turn out to be the best plants!:smokin:

I never thought of it that way, but “confused on which leader to follow” is about right on. It’s funny too that she’s shot out 3 stem nodes. With the unused veg tent, shell have a home for as long as she needs, or I decide to give her! I really wanted to have the WW done soon though... patience, young padawan...

Great update, beautiful babies! Give that lil WW a bit more time, ya never know. .Also great tip about the strain comparison. I have tons of pics that I need to organize. It's all coming along well

What I usually do, is take a bunch of pics, then do whatever resizing and any other cleanup I want, then name them according to a naming convention and set them aside. Usually something like yyyymmdd-ST-dV-#, where ST is a 2 letter identifier for the strain, dV is the day in veg (or flower), snd # is just a unique identifier. My Violator Kush pics from yesterday, for example, would be 20180103-VK-13V-001, 002, and 003. That gives me enough info to easily track down what I need when I need it. In Windows I could then search on *VK* to find all of my Violator Kush pics, or *13V* to find all of the pics I’ve ever labeled 13V.

I also try to take the pics from roughly the same angles for direct comparison. It’s easy to see progress in early veg on top down shots for example.

I’ve referred back to old pics many times already, so this is definitely an approach that works well for me!

I never thought of it that way, but “confused on which leader to follow” is about right on. It’s funny too that she’s shot out 3 stem nodes. With the unused veg tent, shell have a home for as long as she needs, or I decide to give her! I really wanted to have the WW done soon though... patience, young padawan...

It could be a polyploidy which is common in plants...here is a link to a form here with polyploids Post your Polyploids
You might have something special growing!

My sickly plant is the frostiest so far in flower. And I was about to Chuck her in the dumpster before penny talked me down...

Back
Top Bottom