Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Someone on here did that with autos rotating around HPS hanging vertical in the middle of them. In the end he said it worked better when he just grew them normally. He was using Xmas tree spinners.

Thanks Smokey! I was hoping for a lil feedback on that one bro! Ill be using 2 mars 900s for veg and 2 p450s for bloom and each plant will rotate on its own axis, not around the light per-se. One large belt wrapped around 4 pulleys so the lights and the plants will stay where they are. The plants will just piroette in place...if that makes any sense! Lol

Cool that might work a little better. I think that the plants constantly trying to re-adjust to the light is stealing energy away from what the plants are supposed to be doing resulting in less yield but this is just my guess.

His didn't actually rotate around the light they each rotated in place and then he had the bare double ended hids hanging straight up and down one twards the bottom of the plants and one more twards the tops right in the middle of I think 4 plants all spinning in place. It looked like a fantastic idea and I was watching to see if it was worth setting up and then he didn't like the results at all in the end and went back to normal growing.

GL let us know how it works out :thumb:

Edit
Also remember it will take up more space in your grow areas to give them enough clearance to spin without hitting each other. I end up tucking the edges of my plants together to keep them centered under the lights as much as possible. Looking in my tent its hard to tell where one plant stops and the next one starts other than the different strains. If I was going to have them spin I would need to spread them out a good bit more requiring more space and more lighting. Just something to think about. If you haven't bought and set all this up yet I would run a normal run first to see what kinda results you get. At least then you have a benchmark to compare against to see if its worth it or you might find out that your more then happy with a traditional lights hanging over non moving plants and be over all the fanciness, this is what happened to me :) GL either way :thumb:

Doc, do you move, rotate, etc, your plants once rooted in final pots? Do You think this throws off the plant?

No, I do not rotate plants.

Thanks Smokey! I was hoping for a lil feedback on that one bro! Ill be using 2 mars 900s for veg and 2 p450s for bloom and each plant will rotate on its own axis, not around the light per-se. One large belt wrapped around 4 pulleys so the lights and the plants will stay where they are. The plants will just piroette in place...if that makes any sense! Lol

I think you'll be much better served leaving the plants alone and letting them grow around eachother so that each plant self-orients to maximum light. You'll waste a lot of energy on phototropic movement that could be put into bud development. A simple up and back mover would work much better.

My first foray into high brix has begun. I didn't plan it but it looks to be all GDP genetics. I'll be growing a cut that was gifted to me and said to be Ken's Cut of Granddaddy Purple. I potted up a nice specimen yesterday sprinkled roots! in the hole and on the roots themselves.. watered in with 1 pint w/ 1/4oz transplant. I have a Bay-11 clone that should show roots in a day or two. I'll do the same with that clone. I soaked 4 GDP Ken's Kush in r/o for 24 hrs. Today I potted them up in pint containers with a bit of Roots! in the divot. I moistened the soil with r/o and covered to keep it moist. I plan on xplanting these into gallon pots very soon. Just wont have enough room until next week. Thanks guys!! and take it easy..

My first foray into high brix has begun. I didn't plan it but it looks to be all GDP genetics. I'll be growing a cut that was gifted to me and said to be Ken's Cut of Granddaddy Purple. I potted up a nice specimen yesterday sprinkled roots! in the hole and on the roots themselves.. watered in with 1 pint w/ 1/4oz transplant. I have a Bay-11 clone that should show roots in a day or two. I'll do the same with that clone. I soaked 4 GDP Ken's Kush in r/o for 24 hrs. Today I potted them up in pint containers with a bit of Roots! in the divot. I moistened the soil with r/o and covered to keep it moist. I plan on xplanting these into gallon pots very soon. Just wont have enough room until next week. Thanks guys!! and take it easy..

Sounds great!

I do wish you'd uncover that newly planted seed. The last thing you want is excess humidity causing damping off. Clones require humidity, seeds do not.

Doc

have you ever seen purple juice when pressing leaves for a brix text?

The reading was a cloudy reading between 12-15, no definitive line.

The green leaf tested was in the 5-7 range.

G20_brix_purple_15.jpg

I've had that same pure purple on a couple strains - especially the purple Panama - that was almost inky.

It's odd when it happens. People so seldom crush purple leaves, it's a surprise when the juice is actually ... purple. :laughtwo:

Then I saw Tavo's purple flecked trichs and wondered ...

Are you sure you didn't use Doc's (Snow, sugar and purple leaves filters) for Photoshop??? :;):

Just kidding of course...GREAT looking buds! GREAT first time grow using Doc's kit. I can only hope mine look half as good when the time comes.

Beautiful BUDS, Slo

Holy Moly SloT! Those buds are amazing! Congrat's on an amazing 1st grow!

Holy Batman! When I saw those pictures, my hand went straight to my heart....don't know if it was out of pure gasp, or preventing a heart attack. :bravo:

Beautiful job.

Hey doc!! sorry it took a while for me to getting around to posting these pics. here it is my very first grow, and with your kit of course!
IMG_062625.jpg
IMG_062330.jpg
IMG_0677.PNG

It came out AMAZING…
NO EFFECTS USED (ONLY THE FLASH OF MY CAMERA):Namaste:

I've seen and smoked these buds. SLO used my kit by the book and got some clones of Purple Cadillac and the Afghan strain I run. They are every bit as lovely as the pictures show.

While it is his very first grow, please understand that he is my vice president of gardening and helps me all the time, so not only has he seen me do all the stuff I do in the garden, he's helped me do it all and obviously has learned a thing or two.

This isn't hard to do folks....SLO merely paid attention, asked the right questions and then acted accordingly. He's growing in a 2x4 tent under LED and pays close attention to environment.

Honestly, his produce and mine were indistinguishable. :bravo:

Slotown is a mini Doc Bud. Following directions is all well and good, but then along comes the dufus (moi) that didn't pick up on Transplant, Tea AND Energy.

What do we all want you to do Doc, come over to our houses and grow it as well????? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

For gawd sake! :tommy:

Those pictures are just amazing. I have a question. It's been mentioned that the plants can get "Transplant" every watering, does that mean transplant and tea? Or just transplant in water? I'm sorry if this has been mentioned but my environment is absolutely perfect and want to make sure I'm keeping the soil biology happy. I ask this because i have an og that I cannot keep happy... It was yellowing out on me so I hit it with stress one day, brix a few days after, and a growth energy/tea/ transplant mix and and now have some burnt leaves. Also I want to confirm drenches are every 2/3 weeks. Thank you all! I want to let you all know that this thread inspires me every day.

Those pictures are just amazing. I have a question. It's been mentioned that the plants can get "Transplant" every watering, does that mean transplant and tea? Or just transplant in water? I'm sorry if this has been mentioned but my environment is absolutely perfect and want to make sure I'm keeping the soil biology happy. I ask this because i have an og that I cannot keep happy... It was yellowing out on me so I hit it with stress one day, brix a few days after, and a growth energy/tea/ transplant mix and and now have some burnt leaves. Also I want to confirm drenches are every 2/3 weeks. Thank you all! I want to let you all know that this thread inspires me every day.

CB..Where did you read 2/3 weeks?
The updated instructions are here...
In The Lab
:thumb:

I add 1/4 oz transplant to every watering, whether it be a drench or just a watering in between.

Back
Top Bottom