Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey Doc, I was also wondering about the fruit trees. You said before when talking to one of the LOS growers (I think) that vegetables actually like tilling because of the type of microherd in the soil but perenials had different microherd. Is High-Brix difficult to achieve on perenials like fruit trees or vines?

Hey Doc, I was also wondering about the fruit trees. You said before when talking to one of the LOS growers (I think) that vegetables actually like tilling because of the type of microherd in the soil but perenials had different microherd. Is High-Brix difficult to achieve on perenials like fruit trees or vines?

It's not at all hard to achieve, but it can take 2 or 3 seasons to really get dialed in.

Doc

In any of your discussions with other top notch growers at the Cup,
did they mention any specifics about their nute regimes?

Or specific brand they liked? Supersoils?

Any of them going to give the Kit a try?

How should the unused (not mixed) ingredients in the kit be stored while I wait for the soil to cook: room temperature, cooler that that, fridge?

Ok I'm Transplanting to a 1 gallon. Used roots and dust root ball and area going in. How much transplant would I use mixed with 32 oz of water? Can it be saved in the fridge or just toss excess. Keep in mind this is one plant in a trial run its the pestilence s1. I'll be ordering your other kit Monday doc I got invoice just been busy.

Ok I'm Transplanting to a 1 gallon. Used roots and dust root ball and area going in. How much transplant would I use mixed with 32 oz of water? Can it be saved in the fridge or just toss excess. Keep in mind this is one plant in a trial run its the pestilence s1. I'll be ordering your other kit Monday doc I got invoice just been busy.

1.25 mils

Actually now that I remember isn't it best to just submerge the majority of my 1 gallon in a gallon mix of it.

Or is it just best with the 32oz mixture since it's only one plant?

Personally I dont look at it as a drench. But, if I was going into a 1 gal pot id mix the 1.25 mils into a gallon of water and dump the whole thing through, let it drain and get it back under the lights. The only time I use a small amount and ration it down is when I put the seed into a solo cup, otherwise I just run a gallon through and call it a day :)

I go from solo to 1 gallon to finish pot (7 gal or 10 gal) Others do it different I guess but its what I do :)

I'm keg to 1 gallon to 7 even in my regular method.

So is it 1.25ml per gallon? Thought 1.25ml to 32oz

That's a hard way to think about it, try thinking of it as how much drench each plant needs, and use however much water you need to dilute given amount of drench. In this case, you actually don't need transplant, as it's included in the "roots" now, but 1/4 transplant wouldn't hurt. So yes 1ml in however much water you need to saturate the pot. Dunking pots is best when the root ball has formed. A new transplant can just be watered in slowly. I use approximately 1.5 liters for a 1 gal pot if I'm not mistaken.

Perfect thanks. That's what I shall try.

By the way man you deserve serious respect for your potm entry. You got my vote on lock. Much respect. And I thought I'm killing it.

1 oz is 30 mils. 30 mils divided between 6 plants is 5 mils each. Thats full strength. Doc now recommends 1/2 oz per 6 plants as per his directions (page 55 of this thread). Thats 2.5 mils for each plant (6). Those are for "drenches". At transplant we used to have to give full strength...not any more. Now all he recommends is 1/4 strength of transplant at transplant. So, its not a matter of how many plants or the amount of water but what youre trying to give to the soil...which is 1.25 mils of transplant (1/4 transplant or 1.25 mils per plant) not 1/4 gallon of water....did that make sense or am I stupid? :)

Now, I dont know how much youve read or what you know about our method of growing but, between waterings, whether its a drench or just water (in veg), you want to let the soil dry out to the point that your plant wilts...slightly! In hb we're trying to develop the roots so if theyre never searching for water theyll take their time developing and not become the pillars we want them to be. Just a lil something to keep in mind :)

Back
Top Bottom