Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I have always understood it that way as well BUT Checking Doc's Web site his directions have
NO MENTION of dividing it into 6 plants. AT THE Very least this needs to be updated so New Users dont Mis-Understand
by only reading the following (Root Drench page) you would never know

FROM The Root Drench instruction page

Tea: All drenches are "served" with 2-3 milTea, with two exceptions: The Super Drench and the Rescue Drench**

Growth Ionic Drench: This is where strong stems and healthy leaves come from. It is also used during the latter half of the bloom cycle to bulk up fruit and flowers. Mix with enough water to hydrate the soil, at .5 to 1.0 mil per gallon of soil in the container.

Stronger doses can be used if needed, but generally that just wastes product.

Alternate Growth Ionic Drench with Transplant throughout the grow cycle, veg to bloom.

**Pro-Tip: Finishing the growing cycle on Growth Ionic Drench often results in sweeter tasting and smelling produce.**

Transplant Drench Should be used when transplanting, during the veg phase and throughout the bloom phase alternating with Growth Ionic Drench. Like all other drenches, it is used at .5 to 1 mil per gallon of soil.

Notably, some growers have found that essential oil and resin production can be increased by using 1/4 oz of Transplant per 5 gallons of water evenly distributed to every plant with each and every watering....whether that's with a drench OR with just plain water. Please note, this does not mean ¼ oz TO EVERY PLANT, but 1/4 oz into 5 gallons of water.

**That's 1/4 tsp of Transplant added to each drench and watering, per gallon of water being used.**
Please take note that some strains often require higher doses than 1 mil per gallon of soil. If the plants seem underfed, don't be afraid to increase or even double Growth Ionic or Transplant drenches, especially if dunking the plants in veg.

Cationic Drench: Used when buds set (typically the 3rd week of flower) and strongly reproductive in effect, Cationic Drench flips the ionic charge in the soil. The roots respond, absorbing nutrients at a critical time in the plant's life-cycle. Used at the proper time, something really, really good happens. Most people call it a blizzard.

While it is mixed at the same rate as the other drenches--.5 to 1 mil per gallon of soil in the container--it differs from the other drenches in that it is used twice in a row consecutively, with no water in between applications.

**Some users report that using Cat Drench late in bloom may increase certain flavors and smells, but often results in a more "pungent" aroma in produce.**

Rescue Drench:

If the plants seem weak and need a boost---almost never happens unless you made a mistake or there has been some environmental issue or circumstances beyond your control---try this:

1 oz. Transplant per gallon of water with 6 mils of Tea. Feed a solution with this composition to all the plants. It will re-colonize the roots and get things back on track. Do not do this if you aren't having any problems!

Super Drench:

1 Cup (yes 8 oz) of Transplant plus 10 mils Tea per 5 gallons of water. Give each plant 1 gallon of this.

EDIT:
PLEASE NOTE I Love the Kit Its the best thing since indoor pluming :) It just caught me off guard
and I actually gave them 2.5mils tea each, don't think it will hurt. But we are all subject to be stoned
at times and when checking (while sampling) thats what I read / Did before THINKING

EDIT: EDIT:
Just up from checking , lights have been on for 2.5 hrs and they actually look even better,
not that there was anything wrong before but they do somehow look happier :) with the
extra TEA

I get where your confusion lies. I have been to the site a couple of times and read through it but it has been a while. I know in the directions in his sig that it mentions that this is all for 6 plants or 32 sqft (I believe) of soil used. If it does not mention that on the site than I would guess it is an oversight that will probably be addressed after he goes through these posts.

I peeked in at them a moment ago, and they are getting frosty.

I will take some pics before lights on and post them when the site comes back online.

Oddly the one with the browning yellow curled leaves, also is the one who started to yellow at 3rd or 4th node and is currently the frostiest one in the tent. I decided to keep her in the beginning because her leaves were a bit more narrow than the rest and was thinking she might be an special pheno.

She seems like she may finish before the others as well. If she is special I will have to keep and figure her out.

It seems like most of the elite clone only strains are typically finicky. So that girl may really be special. It is worth keeping it around until you know that is for sure!

It seems like most of the elite clone only strains are typically finicky. So that girl may really be special. It is worth keeping it around until you know that is for sure!

That is what I was thinking, we will see. Her large fans that were curling are turning that yellow-ish with brown/rusty on the edges and tips. But the pistils are also getting their color quicker than the rest. And like I was saying she looks to have the most trichome development..

Now the others are staying a nice green with leaves starting to get that purple/black tone to them, pistils are for the most part white and a little less on the trichomes.

I wish I could gets pics right now and see what Doc and the gang think about the yellowing one.

I will get them later at lights on and post when the website returns.

Thanks for the input

That is what I was thinking, we will see. Her large fans that were curling are turning that yellow-ish with brown/rusty on the edges and tips. But the pistils are also getting their color quicker than the rest. And like I was saying she looks to have the most trichome development..

Now the others are staying a nice green with leaves starting to get that purple/black tone to them, pistils are for the most part white and a little less on the trichomes.

I wish I could gets pics right now and see what Doc and the gang think about the yellowing one.

I will get them later at lights on and post when the website returns.

Thanks for the input
I have a couple plants of strange brew that are doing this as well in first run. I'm planning on putting their clones into 3rd run to see if that fixes the issue. You might have a touchy cut of the plant or it's just really hungry. The others I have going with the yellowing leaves are still cranking out beautiful gooey buds.

I have a couple plants of strange brew that are doing this as well in first run. I'm planning on putting their clones into 3rd run to see if that fixes the issue. You might have a touchy cut of the plant or it's just really hungry. The others I have going with the yellowing leaves are still cranking out beautiful gooey buds.

Thanks,

overall I am not too worried about it, she is pumping out the most trich production of the four.

She was both touchy and a little different in appearance from the start.

When they finish is the real test, it is nice if they look and smell good but who delivers best will be what I base my "keeper" pheno on.

Should it be her, then I need to figure out how to keep her happy in the future.

I do appreciate everyones input, it is nice the community is willing to share their knowledge, experience, and suggestions. This is what makes the brix crew and 420magazine a pleasure to be part of.

:thanks:

EDIT: This pheno is also in 1st run soil, probably a good thing to note for future reference.

I get where your confusion lies. I have been to the site a couple of times and read through it but it has been a while. I know in the directions in his sig that it mentions that this is all for 6 plants or 32 sqft (I believe) of soil used. If it does not mention that on the site than I would guess it is an oversight that will probably be addressed after he goes through these posts.
Doc does list it...on the price page of basic kit..

From Docbudsbrix.com
https://https//www.docbudsbrix.com/shop/doc-buds-high-brix-blend

"The Kit includes all instructions and is designed for use with 42 gallons of soil. We like using 6, 7-gallon pots for growing."

Im sure Doc will add the" 6 x 7 gallons(42 gallons of soil); or 4 x 8 sq ft" in more than 1 location now that he's aware of it. :circle-of-love:

Doc does list it...on the price page of basic kit..

From Docbudsbrix.com
https://https//www.docbudsbrix.com/shop/doc-buds-high-brix-blend

"The Kit includes all instructions and is designed for use with 42 gallons of soil. We like using 6, 7-gallon pots for growing."

Im sure Doc will add the" 6 x 7 gallons(42 gallons of soil); or 4 x 8 sq ft" in more than 1 location now that he's aware of it. :circle-of-love:

I know it probably sounded like complaining but I was really only trying to point out that reading that page alone
could be cause for a brain fart.

I don't have a journal, so I wanted to post up some pics here. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I didn't have anyone to water my remaining plants while I was gone. I had started these thinking they'd be finished before the Jamaica trip but two of them are heavy sativa leaners, one a Utopia Haze x Buddha Haze and the other a Golden Tiger cross. I talked to Ziggs about it and we think it might have been pollinated by Purple Haze. :laugh: So she's a long one. It's gonna go 120 days or more. The UB Haze should finish pretty soon, a couple weeks I think, although it started foxtailing, so who knows.

Anyway, here's what I did. They both went into bloom at 30 days in 3 gallon pots because I wanted them small and quick. So I upcanned the UB Haze into a 6 gallon pot and the GT into a 15 gallon bin and soaked 'em both down good. Here's what they looked like after 9 days with no water.

DSCN82012.JPG

DSCN8202.JPG

Not bad, eh?

They're not going to be great plants but I saved 'em. :slide: Here's what they look like up close.

DSCN82031.JPG

DSCN82042.JPG

DSCN82051.JPG

DSCN82072.JPG

Considering the environment ... yeah, not bad. :laugh:

DSCN82081.JPG

And look what I found when I got back.

DSCN82092.JPG

It'll be fun trying to figure out where it came from. :hmmmm:

A couple pics of the Golden Tiger x Purple Malawi that I harvested right before we left. Some of it got delivered on that high speed canoe, too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSCN8197.JPG

DSCN81963.JPG

:Namaste:

I don't have a journal, so I wanted to post up some pics here. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I didn't have anyone to water my remaining plants while I was gone. I had started these thinking they'd be finished before the Jamaica trip but two of them are heavy sativa leaners, one a Utopia Haze x Buddha Haze and the other a Golden Tiger cross. I talked to Ziggs about it and we think it might have been pollinated by Purple Haze. :laugh: So she's a long one. It's gonna go 120 days or more. The UB Haze should finish pretty soon, a couple weeks I think, although it started foxtailing, so who knows.

Anyway, here's what I did. They both went into bloom at 30 days in 3 gallon pots because I wanted them small and quick. So I upcanned the UB Haze into a 6 gallon pot and the GT into a 15 gallon bin and soaked 'em both down good. Here's what they looked like after 9 days with no water.

DSCN82012.JPG

DSCN8202.JPG

Not bad, eh?

They're not going to be great plants but I saved 'em. :slide: Here's what they look like up close.

DSCN82031.JPG

DSCN82042.JPG

DSCN82051.JPG

DSCN82072.JPG

Considering the environment ... yeah, not bad. :laugh:

DSCN82081.JPG

And look what I found when I got back.

DSCN82092.JPG

It'll be fun trying to figure out where it came from. :hmmmm:

A couple pics of the Golden Tiger x Purple Malawi that I harvested right before we left. Some of it got delivered on that high speed canoe, too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSCN8197.JPG

DSCN81963.JPG

:Namaste:
That's some super low RH to deal with along with being gone. Nice save! I love those fluffy sativa buds.

I am working on mixing up two batches of soil right now but my Promix was frozen in the middle. Should I wait to do the final mix until it thaws or would it be ok to mix it and put it in bins and then add the frozen soil to the bins after it thaws? Will I run into problem with the cook from the soil being so cold? If so what should I do to counteract the issue?

I am working on mixing up two batches of soil right now but my Promix was frozen in the middle. Should I wait to do the final mix until it thaws or would it be ok to mix it and put it in bins and then add the frozen soil to the bins after it thaws? Will I run into problem with the cook from the soil being so cold? If so what should I do to counteract the issue?

I would wait. You will not get a complete mix if you have a big clump.

Doc,

I did not want to bring this up in Darks thread. Blueberries like a high acid soil. I have some seeds I plan to start. It takes up to 3 months for them to germinate...LOL Would really like to start them in some HB to give them a great lift off. Any suggestions? If you would like to PM the info so as not to have someone follow it thinking its for cannabis I understand.

Doc,

I did not want to bring this up in Darks thread. Blueberries like a high acid soil. I have some seeds I plan to start. It takes up to 3 months for them to germinate...LOL Would really like to start them in some HB to give them a great lift off. Any suggestions? If you would like to PM the info so as not to have someone follow it thinking its for cannabis I understand.

I'll be interested in info about blueberries too but mine are already planted in regular soil. I bought 6 plants already started and I know it's supposed to take 2 or3 seasons before you start getting berries but I only got 1 berry, ha! Each plant is in soft#10.

I would wait. You will not get a complete mix if you have a big clump.

I have two big clumps but I would leave them out until they can be broken up and then add to the soil afterwards. Right now I broke up all the soil I could and layered it so that it is Promix, EWC, Amendment, PM, EWC, Amendment. It is sitting on my tarp like that until the clumps thaw at this point. I still wonder about any issues that may arise from mixing and starting the cook with soil that is on the colder side.

I have two big clumps but I would leave them out until they can be broken up and then add to the soil afterwards. Right now I broke up all the soil I could and layered it so that it is Promix, EWC, Amendment, PM, EWC, Amendment. It is sitting on my tarp like that until the clumps thaw at this point. I still wonder about any issues that may arise from mixing and starting the cook with soil that is on the colder side.

I don't know about your situation, Doc did tell me once when I had some already cooked soil that had sit and may have dropped below temps to water with warm water and tea to wake it back up..

The Frozen part is a question I would also like to know the answer to as well. Might prove to be useful info at some point for all of us.

Back
Top Bottom