Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I'll be interested in info about blueberries too but mine are already planted in regular soil. I bought 6 plants already started and I know it's supposed to take 2 or3 seasons before you start getting berries but I only got 1 berry, ha! Each plant is in soft#10.

Blueberries like to be watered with weak coffee, no wonder we like um.

Doc,

I did not want to bring this up in Darks thread. Blueberries like a high acid soil. I have some seeds I plan to start. It takes up to 3 months for them to germinate...LOL Would really like to start them in some HB to give them a great lift off. Any suggestions? If you would like to PM the info so as not to have someone follow it thinking its for cannabis I understand.
Our soil is not optimized for blueberries.

Hello all! I have had some stubborn seeds as of late which led to a discovery. I have found some kind of mites on my pots, quite a few. No pics now, later if needed. Caught one in plastic bag and used a small mag for good close up. It does not look like a spotted facker, more like a predatory mite. I'm almost dead set it's a Amblyseius.

After I noticed crawlers i had to check my soil bins, all good. I've had this soil awhile with nothing yet, these suckers were brought in. I started using root riot plugs for seeds, checked that bag, nada. Ultimate question is, can eggs come on seeds? The newest addition to my room was the remaining free seeds used for the grow. After these are in out come crawlers. I will say that I have worn outdoor shoes in my room. Not frequently, but it has happened, so...ya know. If these are the predatory Mites I wouldn't be surprised if they hitched a ride on seeds, if thats possible. My plants are just seedlings, scrapping the grow is easy. Not stressing too much....YET.

Hello all! I have had some stubborn seeds as of late which led to a discovery. I have found some kind of mites on my pots, quite a few. No pics now, later if needed. Caught one in plastic bag and used a small mag for good close up. It does not look like a spotted facker, more like a predatory mite. I'm almost dead set it's a Amblyseius.

After I noticed crawlers i had to check my soil bins, all good. I've had this soil awhile with nothing yet, these suckers were brought in. I started using root riot plugs for seeds, checked that bag, nada. Ultimate question is, can eggs come on seeds? The newest addition to my room was the remaining free seeds used for the grow. After these are in out come crawlers. I will say that I have worn outdoor shoes in my room. Not frequently, but it has happened, so...ya know. If these are the predatory Mites I wouldn't be surprised if they hitched a ride on seeds, if thats possible. My plants are just seedlings, scrapping the grow is easy. Not stressing too much....YET.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can always add a mosquito dunk to your water supply....that's what I do about once a year.

Awesome Doc! That Canna Syrup is interesting, never heard of such a thing. I flipped my girls a couple days ago. The growth rate on them is pretty amazing!

Them look real good.

Nice Doc....i see you aldo have a slight mg. Issue too....some leaves on mine have begun to curl up too.I still have 5 weeks to go.....why is there an issue with low mg in all my soil?....Thought i was going to avoid all that this run. Feeding has been by the book ...so im a little miffed! They are due for another CD in a day or two as well.
Got any ideas?.....Thanks

Ok, just wanted to show the life span of this White widow thus far. She's been in this pot almost 2 months now, will be transplanted to 7gal on sunday. Doc, if you have any recommendations, I would gratefully receive them!

Wow
Ok, just wanted to show the life span of this White widow thus far. She's been in this pot almost 2 months now, will be transplanted to 7gal on sunday. Doc, if you have any recommendations, I would gratefully receive them!

I tried to multi quote with Duggan's post above, and it's taken about 4 minutes for all the scripts to run.....kicked me to a page that asked, "do you really want to like this content?" LOL.

They look Dajerm! Give drenches on the heavy side...2mil per gallon of soil once they're in the big pots. Fill 'em up to the tippy top. Have fun!

Nice Doc....i see you aldo have a slight mg. Issue too....some leaves on mine have begun to curl up too.I still have 5 weeks to go.....why is there an issue with low mg in all my soil?....Thought i was going to avoid all that this run. Feeding has been by the book ...so im a little miffed! They are due for another CD in a day or two as well.
Got any ideas?.....Thanks

Mag issue? Are you referring to the slightly taco'd leaves under too much light and picture taken the day of harvest? That's actually EXACTLY what I'm looking for.....the plant's metabolism is so fast it creates demand for Mg.....normal and good.

Double up on the drenches Duggan....except the Cat Drench. A slight Taco is great. Chlorosis is not.

Again, there's plenty of Mg in the drenches. I'm not having any issues with anything.....but then again, I always feed on the heavy side.

Wow

I tried to multi quote with Duggan's post above, and it's taken about 4 minutes for all the scripts to run.....kicked me to a page that asked, "do you really want to like this content?" LOL.

They look Dajerm! Give drenches on the heavy side...2mil per gallon of soil once they're in the big pots. Fill 'em up to the tippy top. Have fun!
Just tried the same with you and Ween... you're right, just keeps running those scripts. Oh well, they'll get it fixed sometime.
Will do Doc, I have been feeding (dunking) her 5ml in 2.5qts water with .5-1.0ml tea. Seems to have kept her nice and healthy to this point. Thank you Doc!!

Looking awesome Daj! Amazing training you've done there. Take some pics of the roots if you can at transplant.

:bravo:
Hey there Ween! Thanks! I will try and get a pic of the roots this afternoon, shell need a feeding anyway so I will get them then. I did take a peek at them the other day, I am always disappointed in the root development of my plants. I follow the directions, and do the little things they have done in the Dark/Doc journal, but alas... still kinda weak roots. But I am always working to improve!!

The photos in the Gallery are still being indexed in the background, so that part is running slow. Rob said it should finish in another day or two.

Here you go Ween!

Not near good enough yet!!

And here are a few of the Wonder Woman thats finishing up...

Back
Top Bottom