Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey there BJ, thanks man! I was pretty surprised myself when I saw that red in there.. gonna be some decent smoke! Those pics are from a Wonder Woman by Nirvana. Really weird growth pattern on these. They love to spread out like crazy when you put them to flower.
Ha I almost got some wonder woman the last time I ordered seeds but I ended up getting black domina and some amnesia lemon instead but yea definitely interested in seeing how they grow and the yields are they pretty good or is this the first time u grew this strain?

Ha I almost got some wonder woman the last time I ordered seeds but I ended up getting black domina and some amnesia lemon instead but yea definitely interested in seeing how they grow and the yields are they pretty good or is this the first time u grew this strain?

They advertise this one as a heavy yeilder and I've grown this one twice and both times was satisfied with it. The big deal with this one for me is the smell and taste. Very nice smell and a great taste as well. I would attempt to describe it but I'm terrible at that. I'd say it's worth a few runs... just steer clear of their White Castle... it's a great yeilder as well but has genetic issues. Every one of those I grow get Tiny pinhead seeds... not not their Wonder Woman or white widow... which had a very heavy pine smell
And taste... tight buds and very very sticky...

Hey there BJ, thanks man! I was pretty surprised myself when I saw that red in there.. gonna be some decent smoke! Those pics are from a Wonder Woman by Nirvana. Really weird growth pattern on these. They love to spread out like crazy when you put them to flower.

Just jumping in to add my last run of Blueberry did the same with dark purple strands running up the Trich Stems
wonder if it has anything to do with the soil ? anyone ever notice it in NON High-Brixs runs Not a bad thing BTW
I like it

They advertise this one as a heavy yeilder and I've grown this one twice and both times was satisfied with it. The big deal with this one for me is the smell and taste. Very nice smell and a great taste as well. I would attempt to describe it but I'm terrible at that. I'd say it's worth a few runs... just steer clear of their White Castle... it's a great yeilder as well but has genetic issues. Every one of those I grow get Tiny pinhead seeds... not not their Wonder Woman or white widow... which had a very heavy pine smell
And taste... tight buds and very very sticky...

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Got it Doc, will use GE for their last feeding!

That's what I usually do too, although I've found a properly timed trans drench about 10 days before anticipated harvest brings out a sharp increase in terpenes that I find really desireable. Once those terpenes start kicking, I check daily for harvest. For years I've avoided trans drenches the last 2 weeks of harvest to avoid the "more gamey" flavors, but this OG strain really likes one about that time.

just FYI

edit: Your plants look good and I'd definitely consider them in the harvest window.

Just jumping in to add my last run of Blueberry did the same with dark purple strands running up the Trich Stems
wonder if it has anything to do with the soil ? anyone ever notice it in NON High-Brixs runs Not a bad thing BTW
I like it

Well I did a bit of googling last night and apparently it is just a trait of certain strains. Now it may be more apparent in HB, but have no idea really, if that's the case. I can say I did check the trichomes on the other grows.... and never saw this red. I'm pretty excited to see what it does in terms of smell and flavor after cure. Have a feeling... it's gonna be outstanding! Thanks for your reply and the info, I'm thinking of getting some of they blueberry and some sort of grape ape type like Doc grows.

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

That's what I usually do too, although I've found a properly timed trans drench about 10 days before anticipated harvest brings out a sharp increase in terpenes that I find really desireable. Once those terpenes start kicking, I check daily for harvest. For years I've avoided trans drenches the last 2 weeks of harvest to avoid the "more gamey" flavors, but this OG strain really likes one about that time.

just FYI

edit: Your plants look good and I'd definitely consider them in the harvest window.

That's some great info there GC, thank you! Think since I'm so close to harvest on this one I'll go with the GE today or tomorrow. But I'll be growing a clone of this one out, and will try and get the timing to where I can give that a try... and I may have some of this one left to compare side by side! Thanks again!

I may harvest these on Sunday... don't have the time during the week to do so. Plus I like my smoke on the energetic side, though I know genetics plays the biggest part in this, I have noticed going a bit early does keep me from getting as sleepy if I'm sitting around. Maybe it's just me... but it seems to help. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I love to learn.

Please post pics of some of the ones that came out good?

I'm intrigued by people who use HB soil as a "base" soil and then do interesting and unusual things with it.

Here are a couple buds from my last two runs. They were both veg'ed in 1g smart pots that had the bottoms cut out and set in clear saucers.
This soil was Coots recipe with amendments from build a soil.

Although it wasn't your HB soil, I did use your bottles, following The directions start to finish.
20170819_143735.jpg

20170829_193339.jpg

20170826_195800.jpg

This is Dr. Krippling Incredible Bulk.. this run is all HB soil and the "kit".
20171205_210136.jpg
last day of veg.
Nice37.jpg
bottom of the pot showing root development.

This gets set right on top of the 20g. Roots grow down into the big pot.

Here it is on the 7th when she went into the tent.
20171206_175742.jpg

And here is a shot tonight.
20171214_191842.jpg

It's at 6 days since flip, I expect great things from this girl, running in the complete kit.

I'll keep you guys posted on development.

ps: even that "sick" looking monster cropped cut posted earlier is coming around.
It's all good. :thumb:
No ignorance here.

:thumb:looks immense, have you run incredible bulk before? it's available locally as a clone but I hadn't heard anything about it. :Namaste:

Here are a couple buds from my last two runs. They were both veg'ed in 1g smart pots that had the bottoms cut out and set in clear saucers.
This soil was Coots recipe with amendments from build a soil.

Although it wasn't your HB soil, I did use your bottles, following The directions start to finish.
20170819_143735.jpg

20170829_193339.jpg

20170826_195800.jpg

This is Dr. Krippling Incredible Bulk.. this run is all HB soil and the "kit".
20171205_210136.jpg
last day of veg.
Nice37.jpg
bottom of the pot showing root development.

This gets set right on top of the 20g. Roots grow down into the big pot.

Here it is on the 7th when she went into the tent.
20171206_175742.jpg

And here is a shot tonight.
20171214_191842.jpg

It's at 6 days since flip, I expect great things from this girl, running in the complete kit.

I'll keep you guys posted on development.

ps: even that "sick" looking monster cropped cut posted earlier is coming around.
It's all good. :thumb:
No ignorance here.

Sweet! Thanks so much. How many runs on the kit soil so far?

Sweet! Thanks so much. How many runs on the kit soil so far?

This is the first run on the HB soil. Its in the 1g and the 20g.

I don't disturb th he 20g from crop to crop. I don't even flex the pots. I don't want to disturb the soil structure that the mycelium network has built up. There is also the balance of life, or equilibrium in the soil you don't want to upset.
If one part of the food web in the soil is knocked out or down, it effects everything else up and down the food chain that is why you will see some unexpected deficiencies like I noticed a certain dew were having and crying about a while ago.

At least that's my working theory, and works for me.

I bought a second tent, and am building a lung room to feed both tents from.
Tho his way I can run two identical tents with shared environment. I'll be able to do side by side tests on any genetic/run with the ability of changing only one variable like light, or VPD, cat drench timing, you name it. See the effect on quality and yeild. Analytical, not anecdotal.

10 runs on the old soil and was still going strong. I anticipate as much with the HB too.

This is the first run on the HB soil. Its in the 1g and the 20g.

I don't disturb th he 20g from crop to crop. I don't even flex the pots. I don't want to disturb the soil structure that the mycelium network has built up. There is also the balance of life, or equilibrium in the soil you don't want to upset.
If one part of the food web in the soil is knocked out or down, it effects everything else up and down the food chain that is why you will see some unexpected deficiencies like I noticed a certain dew were having and crying about a while ago.

At least that's my working theory, and works for me.

I bought a second tent, and am building a lung room to feed both tents from.
Tho his way I can run two identical tents with shared environment. I'll be able to do side by side tests on any genetic/run with the ability of changing only one variable like light, or VPD, cat drench timing, you name it. See the effect on quality and yeild. Analytical, not anecdotal.

10 runs on the old soil and was still going strong. I anticipate as much with the HB too.

It would be interesting to test the soil after couple runs. I don't think the Recharge, etc. will be quite right for your application.

That is exactly my next move. I have two 7g that are "aged" nicely. Trsting both of them along with the remainder HB I have sitting on a bin.

I also picked up a Microbiometer. Here is a link.
MicroBiometer(R)
Seems interesting for measuring the bio load on the soil.

Going to give Logan Labs a try for the soil tests.

That is exactly my next move. I have two 7g that are "aged" nicely. Trsting both of them along with the remainder HB I have sitting on a bin.

I also picked up a Microbiometer. Here is a link.
MicroBiometer(R)
Seems interesting for measuring the bio load on the soil.

Going to give Logan Labs a try for the soil tests.

Why not let me test the soil, since you're using my gear? I don't know much about Logan....but I know a lot about High Brix.

You send me a baggie and I'll invoice you 60.00. Then, you'll get a complete report with recommendations and recipe for minerals.

I'd like to know what the salt load is, after all those runs. :hmmmm:

Have you done anything to mitigate that?

Back
Top Bottom