Doc Bud's High Brix - Strawberry Cough - Pineapple Express

Re: Doc Bud's High Brix: Strawberry Cough, Pineapple Express

Looking "Amaze"ing Doc!!!! I can't wait till you get a refractometer, actually I can't wait to start another grow!! I am addicted to foliar spraying and testing brix, too bad my ladies are getting to the "no spray zone" now, I may still hit em lightly from underneath though :)

Looking great Doc!

thanks Ice! They say the underside of the leaves absorbs better too.

Nice work on the new thread. I hope to contribute to it very soon!

Hey Doc-
I found most of the quantities for the amendments you put in your soil but I couldn't find how much Rock N Chicken and Azomite you used????

Plants look great :bravo:

Hey Doc-
I found most of the quantities for the amendments you put in your soil but I couldn't find how much Rock N Chicken and Azomite you used????

Plants look great :bravo:

I used 2 cups of Rock n Chicken per 1.5 cu ft bag of soil for the plants shown above.
I used 1 cup of Azomite

Yesterday, I added another charge of rock powders and 1/4 cup Rock n Chicken per pot.

I am VERY happy with how things are going. I'll take some pics today. These plants are very healthy and I'm very pleased with bud formation, etc.

Doc

When you had your soil tested you tested straight Vermisoil right?

Have you ever had your amended soil tested?

I can get soil tests done by Penn State for $12 for the first one and $9 each additional test. I was wondering if I should test the Dr Earth, and the Promix Organic, and the combination of the two with the minerals etc mixed in.

Doc

When you had your soil tested you tested straight Vermisoil right?

Have you ever had your amended soil tested?

I can get soil tests done by Penn State for $12 for the first one and $9 each additional test. I was wondering if I should test the Dr Earth, and the Promix Organic, and the combination of the two with the minerals etc mixed in.

I'm willing to guarantee that Penn State is not offering the proper soil tests. Don't waste your money. Strong acid test is useless for high brix.

I've tested my amended soil and the vermisoil unamended. Both failed, although my amended soil was closer.

Both were too high in Potassium and Sodium. Both had too much energy.

I'm going to get the Promix test back soon. Hopefully, I'll have a roadmap to a true, high brix soil at that time.

I'm not going for a good mix that makes excellent plants! That's what I have now. I'm going for the pinnacle....which is where we need to be if we're growing medicine....and where we must be if we're going to do this professionally once it is legal.

Flower development is well under way!

The plants are healthy and have a lovely smell. I'm really liking this grow! If nothing bad happens, we're gonna see some nice product in about 5 weeks!

Picture_001129.jpg
Picture_002126.jpg
Picture_004124.jpg
Picture_005111.jpg
Picture_00699.jpg
Picture_00881.jpg
Picture_00977.jpg
Picture_01076.jpg

Those plants are nothing short of beautiful Doc :bravo:

Thanks bro! I like 'em too.

They have the most vibrant smell too! Very fruity. Then again, they are Strawberry Cough and Pineapple Express.

I top dressed yesterday, as described above, and monsooned about 8 gallons through each pot and today I gave each plant 1/2 gallon of microbial tea.

Believe it or not, they're going to perk up in a day or two and look really amazing. At least that's been their pattern thus far. I may hit them again with Amaze and PGR. I always regret it when I foliar feed, because the leaves go all crazy....but the next day they have all straightened out and they look really nice.

Doc, quick question...Did you send Happy Frog out to get tested? I wanted to get the gh "Just right extra" but my boys at the local shop had to order it, so it'll be a week or so and I couldn't wait, my babies needed transplanted. So I went with the happy frog and pro-mix. So I figured I'd ask you first before I went and blew $60 on a test.

Doc, quick question...Did you send Happy Frog out to get tested? I wanted to get the gh "Just right extra" but my boys at the local shop had to order it, so it'll be a week or so and I couldn't wait, my babies needed transplanted. So I went with the happy frog and pro-mix. So I figured I'd ask you first before I went and blew $60 on a test.

I did not test the Happy Frog. I'm pretty sure it won't pass muster, however.

That's not to say it won't grow nice plants...it certainly will! It's just not going to produce the highest brix.

Hey Doc, how's my first ever bought seed, fem Mazar x white rhino, about 3 weeks old.

photo_1_44.JPG

Doing the same upwards angle thing, soil is store bought unfert loaded soil, no particular brand just a local one. Hit it with various quantities of rock powders, and other modifiers kind of in the theme of what I have seen in your grows lately. And wow, apart from those dodgy seeds, the difference between this and dirty old bag seed is incredible. I'm glad i did my first run on bag seed though was an excellent warm up for this baby and some others I have in rapid rooters that are just poking their little heads above the surface now.

Doc

Have you noticed any difference in plant structure with the high brix?

My plants all seem to be growing like crazy, but the node spacing is way farther apart than normal on all 4 strains.

The light is the same distance from the plants as usual so I don't really think they are stretching.

Lots of wasted space this grow. 3-5 inches between nodes and I normally have 1-2.

I have used the Bountea Superfood tabs this grow on all the plants. I should have just used it on one or two to see how it affected growth. It might be the cause of the explosive growth and stretching. My zucchini are huge from using it.
My friends zucchini were runts and I told him to use one of those tabs. Two days later his plants are monsters.

I also just started using the Humboldt Myco Madness the last two feedings instead of the Stump Tea.

I have a bucket ready to brew up some tea. Do you just add your ingredients to the water and stir it up in the bucket, or do you make a tea bag of some kind and suspend it in the bucket?

Doc

I forgot to mention I got a refractometer and tested one of the fan leafs and it was a 5. I hadn't watered for a week and I didn't have a chance to test 2 hrs after the feeding.

I tested a piece of cantaloupe and honeydew and both were a 7.

Hey Doc, how's my first ever bought seed, fem Mazar x white rhino, about 3 weeks old.

photo_1_44.JPG

Doing the same upwards angle thing, soil is store bought unfert loaded soil, no particular brand just a local one. Hit it with various quantities of rock powders, and other modifiers kind of in the theme of what I have seen in your grows lately. And wow, apart from those dodgy seeds, the difference between this and dirty old bag seed is incredible. I'm glad i did my first run on bag seed though was an excellent warm up for this baby and some others I have in rapid rooters that are just poking their little heads above the surface now.

Looking good!

Put it in a large pot when you transplant, keep doing what you're doing, and you'll have a very nice harvest.

Actually I was looking at how much closer my internodes are this time so far only about 1/2 inch between them, so awesome! I have a nice big 10g air bag with some very tastie and hopefully not too hot mineralized soil. When she is ready for that she should get nice and fat in there.

Back
Top Bottom