Doc Bud's High Brix - Strawberry Cough - Pineapple Express

Hey Doc, are you putting the Dextrose into your foliar sprays? and...are you using bloomit as well?

I'm using Bloomit, Amaze and PGR.

I do not use dextrose, because the sugar feeds pathogens, like PM, botyritis, etc. You can get away with it outdoors, but indoors it's tougher.

As I ease into the High Brix thing, I'll likely evolve my spraying regimen as well, but the Amaze is so dang powerful, one variable is enough!

Great news on the soil doc. You always seem to be evolving, I have a feeling this soil is going to bring you some great results.
All seems to be going well you end
Keep up the good work
Smooth

Re: Doc Bud's High Brix: Strawberry Cough, Pineapple Express

Nice! What kind of "rock dust" did you get?

HIgh Brix growing works even better outdoors. I've some veggies that are thriving and some cannabis that should be pretty awesome as well.

Truly amazing, your growth and color are spot on! since reading your journals I have been totally caught up in the idea of High Brix. I was not able to go full boar this year with my outdoor garden, but I did amend my soil with compost from my bin, and worm castings which seems to helped immensely. I'm also keeping up with my teas. Quick ? for you.

I have a bag of azomite that I have been thinking about top dressing my Cannabis and tomatoes outdoors. Both varieties are about 3-4ft tall. How much would you add? how much would you water it in? Both plants are in ground. Thanks a ton! and keep up the good work!

One last thing, I am coming down to the central coast in about a month to discuss future employment. I miss it down there so much, I really hope this works out. Keep Fingers Crossed for a chance to get back to paradise.

Re: Doc Bud's High Brix: Strawberry Cough, Pineapple Express

Truly amazing, your growth and color are spot on! since reading your journals I have been totally caught up in the idea of High Brix. I was not able to go full boar this year with my outdoor garden, but I did amend my soil with compost from my bin, and worm castings which seems to helped immensely. I'm also keeping up with my teas. Quick ? for you.

I have a bag of azomite that I have been thinking about top dressing my Cannabis and tomatoes outdoors. Both varieties are about 3-4ft tall. How much would you add? how much would you water it in? Both plants are in ground. Thanks a ton! and keep up the good work!

One last thing, I am coming down to the central coast in about a month to discuss future employment. I miss it down there so much, I really hope this works out. Keep Fingers Crossed for a chance to get back to paradise.

I wouldn't worry about the amount of Azomite for plants in the actual earth. Maybe a cup spread a few feet around the base of each plant? That would work fine if the ground was soaked with watering. You could certainly build a well around the plants.

Make sure to PM me a few days prior to your visit to the Central Coast. :bong:

Wait the soil report was promix right out of the bag? Dam I'm glad I have been following your journals to make it into an ultimate growing medium. So far I put it in a huge blue storage bin that locks on the sides & so far I added some bag guano & worm castings. I still have to get humic acid, bone meal, fish bone meal, azomite, Epsom salt, jersey greensand, soft rock phosphate & gypsum. I'm thinking that will be good to sit for a month before I start my next grow.

Wait the soil report was promix right out of the bag? Dam I'm glad I have been following your journals to make it into an ultimate growing medium. So far I put it in a huge blue storage bin that locks on the sides & so far I added some bag guano & worm castings. I still have to get humic acid, bone meal, fish bone meal, azomite, Epsom salt, jersey greensand, soft rock phosphate & gypsum. I'm thinking that will be good to sit for a month before I start my next grow.

Well, if you've been following closely, you'll notice that I'm not using nearly as much stuff in the soil as i used to.

And now all that is going to change, as I'm going to order the broadcast and ferts and have them shipped. I didn't include the fert regimen in the soil testing post, but basically I've got a day by day guide for growing which will come out at the appropriate time.

It may take a while, but I'm going to mix up the soil EXACTLY as instructed, use the sprays and nutrient drenches as instructed, and see what happens.

I will be patiently waiting for that. In the mean time is there any flaw in my calculations?

Yep. If you've been following the soil reports I've been posting, you'll notice that too much potassium plagues us all. Even ProMix is high in K, but not too high, like the amended soils.

So, you're adding Greensand. Don't.
Also, you didn't mention limestone, the 6-5-3 ratio we talk about.
Bat Guano.....too high in Phosphorus. Use something else, chicken manure, fish hydrolysate, or Cotton Seed meal.

My most recent soil recipe is working very well....the best so far:

Promix HP
20 lbs worm castings
2.5 bags Ancient Forest
4 cups 6-5-3
2 cups Azomite
4 cups Rock n Chicken (composted chicken manure pellitized with soft rock phosphate.)

The new mix will be very different from this one above....radically different.

Hi Doc, I've been trying to get some of that foliar you use, plenty of write ups praising it online but can't find a shop. Can you point me in the general direction?

Thanks.

A few pics...things continue to look really good!

IMG_29432.JPG
IMG_29412.JPG
IMG_29441.JPG
IMG_29452.JPG
IMG_29461.JPG
IMG_29471.JPG
IMG_29403.JPG
IMG_179511.JPG

I will be doing a side by side grow with the Blue Planet stuff! When the time comes, I'll make sure to have a refractometer and will try to get some independent taste testers.

Wow, am I busy! I'm going to order the broadcast for High Brix pre-mixed. It is surprisingly inexpensive!

Then, I'll have my first, truly High Brix soil. I cannot wait for that!

Yep. If you've been following the soil reports I've been posting, you'll notice that too much potassium plagues us all. Even ProMix is high in K, but not too high, like the amended soils.

So, you're adding Greensand. Don't.
Also, you didn't mention limestone, the 6-5-3 ratio we talk about.
Bat Guano.....too high in Phosphorus. Use something else, chicken manure, fish hydrolysate, or Cotton Seed meal.

My most recent soil recipe is working very well....the best so far:

Promix HP
20 lbs worm castings
2.5 bags Ancient Forest
4 cups 6-5-3
2 cups Azomite
4 cups Rock n Chicken (composted chicken manure pellitized with soft rock phosphate.)

The new mix will be very different from this one above....radically different.

Hey doc,

Is that recipe based on a 60lb bag of Promix?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom