Dr.Seeds Prescribes The Widow & The Alien ️️

Today's Pro Grower Tip
I'm going to write the tip for the Pro today because he called in sick.

Always double check you final mix numbers. Yesterday I mixed up 8L of water and the correct amount of nutes. The ppm came in around 1100. I did an interview with Sauga and this is the transcript, unlocked on a separate computer.

Interviewer: So what happened? Why did you throw all the mixed nutrients out?
Sauga: Well to be honest it was the Kush.
Interviewer: I don't understand!
Sauga: The Kush man the Kush. I smoked that shit and then mixed up some nutes.
Interviewer: So then what?
Sauga: It was like, wow, yesterday I made the same stuff man, and my PPM was like 1100.
Interviewer: And that was a problem?
Sauga: No man. Today I mixed the same shit up and the PPM came in at over 1400.
Interviewer: Oh!
Sauga: Oh? WTF does that mean man? I'm trying to tell you something went wrong in the mix man. The mix is bad.
Interviewer: Did you ever figure it out?
Sauga: Ya, ya I did.

The transcript stopped there but I think he found out that he added nutes for 12L and not 8L. So if something doesn't make sense...STOP and rethink what happened.

:Rasta:

Measure twice ... cut once! Always double check!

Great advice!

Hey everybody!

Happy Sunday everyone! Cold nights and mixed day time temps for the next little while. Today is just a pic update as there is nothing to say other than hurry up and ripen already! These pics are of the Gorila Alien. I'll post WW pics later today.

:Rasta:

She's a beauty Mr Sauga. I read your Day 129 update, I just love your grow. I'm trying to figure out the ratio of my
MC 9.7-5.5-14 nutes. Would, I divide 9.7 by 5.5=1.7, then divide 5.5 by 5.5=1, then divide 14 by 5.5=2.5. Which is 1.7-1-2.5. 1+2.5=3.5 which is good, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. :nomo:

She's a beauty Mr Sauga. I read your Day 129 update, I just love your grow. I'm trying to figure out the ratio of my
MC 9.7-5.5-14 nutes. Would, I divide 9.7 by 5.5=1.7, then divide 5.5 by 5.5=1, then divide 14 by 5.5=2.5. Which is 1.7-1-2.5. 1+2.5=3.5 which is good, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. :nomo:
The bag front says 9-6-14 or 9-6-17?
Either way if that's all you're feeding then you take the lowest common denominator for all three numbers. In the first case it would be 3, so your NPK ratio is 3:winkyface:4.2 approx. The second would be 3:winkyface:5.2. farside likes to run his numbers at 2:blushsmile:3, so he adds Protekt and calmag to balance those numbers. MC on it's own as a 3:winkyface:5 has proven to be a consistent good ratio as well imho.

Hey @MrSauga ... I was just over on @Pennywise 's journal ... and I posted a question about replenishing FF Ocen Forest soil ... and then @InTheShed indicated you use Mega Crop ... so I wanted to get your input please ...

Here's what I wrote ...

This is my first swing at this ...

I decided to save my FF Ocean Forest soil from my recent harvests ... and I put it in a big heavy duty storage bin ...

• Capacity: 170 L (45 US gal)
  • Dimensions: 20" x 32.3" x 21.4" (50.8 x 82 x 54.4 cm)
I pulled out the roots ... chopped them up and then put them back into the soil and mixed them up.

I had some fresh FF Ocean Forest soil that I added in too.

I read about replenishing the soil ... so I added in 6 litres (1.5 gallons) of some Advanced Nutrients stuff I had ...

*** Voodoo Juice (beneficial bacteria)
*** Piranha (beneficial fungi)
*** Tarantula (beneficial microbes)
*** B-52 (B vitamins)
*** Rhino Skin (Silica)
*** Ancient Earth (Humic Acids)
*** Sensizyme (breakdown dead root material)
*** Gaia Green Earth Worm Castings (2 litres)

I figured I better get some more advice just in case I'm missing something ...

Right now everything is sitting in the bin ... is this called cooking?

Will the micro-life grow?

Do you guys think the Mega Crop I just ordered could help out with replenishing this soil too?

Right now everything is sitting in the bin ... is this called cooking?
Dunno, never cooked soil.
Will the micro-life grow?
Dunno, never grew micro-life.
Do you guys think the Mega Crop I just ordered could help out with replenishing this soil too?
Dunno, never replenished my soil before. I will say though I wouldn't add any MC to that soil after all that AN stuff you got in there. There's nothing about ratios you added and before I used it on cannabis, if it was my own homemade mix, I would have it tested first. If I add MC to the feed water and my soil is high in any macro nutrient I'm going to see problems that I may not be able to diagnose.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Dunno, never cooked soil.

Dunno, never grew micro-life.

Dunno, never replenished my soil before. I will say though I wouldn't add any MC to that soil after all that AN stuff you got in there. There's nothing about ratios you added and before I used it on cannabis, if it was my own homemade mix, I would have it tested first. If I add MC to the feed water and my soil is high in any macro nutrient I'm going to see problems that I may not be able to diagnose.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

My bad ... I'll work on it and get the replenishing thing figured out ...

ttyl

The bag front says 9-6-14 or 9-6-17?
Either way if that's all you're feeding then you take the lowest common denominator for all three numbers. In the first case it would be 3, so your NPK ratio is 3:winkyface:4.2 approx. The second would be 3:winkyface:5.2. farside likes to run his numbers at 2:blushsmile:3, so he adds Protekt and calmag to balance those numbers. MC on it's own as a 3:winkyface:5 has proven to be a consistent good ratio as well imho.

:thanks: MrSauga. I'll have to learn these mathematics. Sauga, I have posted my first journal.

Sauga, I have posted my first journal.
Excellent Bean! Now you need to add it to your signature so we can all find you :)

Wow Saugs, those look great!! Nice color!
:bravo:
No frost yet? As in temperature that is.

Back
Top Bottom