Dutchman’s Pheno Hunt!

Congrats on the particial harvest! :yahoo:They buds looks very dense and delicious. :drool:And I suppose the one in the 3x3 tent will also get great result since now I can see many frosty buds there! :theband:
Thanks Sara! The 3x3 buds are fattening up nicely and it won’t be long till they are ready for harvest as well! The SP-150s are working great so far though !

Update
Sept 6
Day - 126 / Flower Day - 77

Howdy everyone! Happy Friday!

Got a quick update for you all today but an exciting one! To start off is the harvest of Canuk Cookies #1

This girl turned out some awesome buds and is looking to be my favourite from this group of Phenos! The smells from her are intoxicating and she’s just coated with trichomes. I’m super excited to sample this one and I’m really eager to see what Phenos #2 and #3 do under the SP-150s!

Next up is something I’ve been really excited to tackle and get setup! Some HUGE improvements and upgrades that I’ve been working on are finally ready!

First is this new light from @BudgetLED
What a beast and such a beauty! I can’t wait to see how she does this upcoming flower round! This beauty is a 500 Watt Series 2 Dimmable Grow light with 1,152 Samsung LM301B top bin Diodes, 56 Samsung LH351H 660nm diodes, and 32 Cree XPE2 450nm diodes - totaling 1,240 diodes (310 diodes per board). The additional 660nm diodes help in the flowering stage and the additional 450nm diodes help in the vegetative stage. This will be my permanent flowering light! Video included!!

Next is this sweet automated watering setup I’ve got put together! I’m going to be using a 30Gal reservoir to feed this manifold which directs the water to each watering matrix. These get placed on top of the pots to water evenly and help with a good even spread during each watering. My plan is to water/feed twice a week and at an amount of 2-4L per watering. This will be adjusted as I experiment to dial it in perfectly!

Finally is the installation of my new trellis setup. I love the quadline and will still be implementing it but with the stretch I experienced this round I want a more stable area to play with. This trellis setup will really help me get those fat colas without needing bamboo and yo-yos to support like this round!

3x3 and mother tent update tomorrow so don’t go far!

I hope your all well and ready for the weekend!

Stay Medicated!

Wow love the setup. Is that just pvc for the scrog? How is the bottom designed? Asking for my personal grow setup.

Dutchie... you sure know how to keep busy! Things look better everytime you update. Well done. Have a great weekend.
:passitleft:
Thanks Sauga! There’s always something going on in my garden haha! Just wait for today’s update ;)

Everything looks awesome Dutch, hope you have a great weekend! :green_heart:
Thanks Sara! Things are moving right along and I’m really loving this 3x3! These girls aren’t holding back and just looking fantastic!

Wow love the setup. Is that just pvc for the scrog? How is the bottom designed? Asking for my personal grow setup.
Hey Budget! Thanks for stopping by brother!
It is indeed just 3/4” PVC. I can take some more pictures of the design for you to show you how I built it. There is another level that will go on top of the 12” vertical pipes in the corners for when I flower as well to make it a double layered trellis system.

Update
Sept 8
Pheno Hunt Group 2

Day - 128 / Flower Day - 43

Gooood Day and Happy Sunday!!
It always feels like the weekends go by so fast. Tomorrow is back to work and another week begins.

So for this update we’ve got a few things going on! The small tent/growbox had some things moved around to make some room.... you will see why!!

The 4x4 now has a few new tenants until the 3x3 gets harvested and makes room for the mothers to move in there!

The 3x3! Well let’s just say this tent full of beauties is not disappointing one bit! Pink Kush #3 is frosty as can be and Purple Queen #3 has some incredible colours in her already!! Canuk Cookies #2 and #3 have the most beautiful leaf sheen to them and so healthy! All got a good defoliation today as we are close to day 45. Now these ladies will be left alone until harvest!

The 20:1 CBD ladies couldn’t look more different! #2 has some weird buds and #1 is still extra furry! Can’t wait to compare these 2 in a few weeks time.

Pink Kush #2 is looking like she is going to finish out the group first with lots of hairs changing colour already! She’s got a slight pinkish/purple hue to her which is hard to see in the photos but is there!

Finally as if I didn’t have enough going on I thought it was time to get the next round of this Pheno hunt under way!!!
Yesterday I dropped a new round of seeds into water which included:

-3x Purple Punch by @Barney's Farm
-3x Glookies by @Barney's Farm
-3x GG#4 by Canuk Seeds
-6x Maple Cookies (Regs) by Trinity Genetic

This morning after 18hrs of soaking all 15x Seeds has cracked and began showing the tap root. I chose to place them in soil for the start this time! All looking strong so now it’s a waiting game! Who will be the first to emerge!

Maple Cookies is my first set of Reg seeds that I’ve played with so this should be interesting.
It’s parents are:
Cookies Kush x Canadian Glue(GG#4 cross)
Whatever males I find are being tossed this round and I’m only looking for the females and a winning mother!

Out of this group I’m really excited for all of them! Purple Punch because it’s just an all around solid hitter with great terpenes and medical attributes and Gorilla Glue! Who doesn’t love a good dose of Glue each day!

3 Gorilla strains one original and 2 crosses so it should be some fun times to come! This new light is going to get a workout and I can’t wait!!

Update
Sept 10

Pheno Hunt Group 2
Day - 130 / Flower Day - 45

Pheno Hunt Group 3
Germination Stage

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is having a good week so far. I’ve got a real quick update for this evening so I hope you enjoy!

The seeds I planted on Sunday have begun to emerge! Purple Punch and Maple Cookies are the first out of the ground but I can see movement with Glookies and GG#4! I’m hoping majority will be above ground tomorrow praying to the lights!!

Then I’ve got a few bud shots from the 3x3! These ladies are really frosting up and starting to pack on the weight!

Hope you all a safe and happy rest of your day!

Stay Medicated!

I'm living vicariously through you right now Dutch! Jealousy gets me nowhere I know. Nice looking garden as usual :)
My garden is your garden friend!! I’m glad you are enjoying your time hanging out haha! Thanks buddy

Oh my journal moves fast!

:thumb:

Oh yeah, and the frost.... :thumb:
Well thanks Shed!
I appreciate it! I’m falling behind on people’s journals with being busy at work and life! I need some time to catch up with everyone and get this journal back on track haha

Hope your well this morning!

What a busy bee you've been! That new setup looks awesome. Makes me want to get my ass in gear. I particularly like the new watering system. Gotta make life easy. Cheers Dutchie!
:passitleft:
I’m really looking forward to the automated watering! Should save some time and lots of energy!

Looking forward to watching the glue cross!
Me to! Glookies and Maple Cookies sounds great but I’m also eager to compare them back to the GG#4!

Maple cookies sounds awesome.
A maple smell in the test would be very unique
That would be an awesome terpene profile to have! Have a tasty maple smell or kick!! Ooh wee haha

Back
Top Bottom