Dutchman's Auto Quads Vs LST With A Critical+2.0 Twist!

hey Dutchman I just wanted to say you have one of the most amazing journals on 420. ive only joined recently but after reading over a dozen journals I have to say yours is rated #1. I hope you don't mind me joining your grow this late but I am hooked to see the results!!!!

Hey Ink! Welcome aboard! I appreciate the kind words my friend! I hope you find a comfy seat. Grab a blunt and some edibles and join in. Happy to have you along for the ride:high-five:

- Update -
Part 1

Crystal Candy Autos #1 and #2
Day - 31

Pineapple Express Autos #1 and #2
Day - 31 PEa1 / Day - 30 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 52

Jan.11

What’s up everyone! I ended up getting really busy yesterday and was unable to get around to loading up my pictures and get my update completed so today’s update will be a 2 part update. The first one will be from yesterday and the second will be from today. All of the Autoflowers are doing great.

Ok so going over everything from yesterday. As I had mentioned on Thursday the Autoflowers needed to be watered/fed so yesterday morning I mixed up some distilled water with:

-4mL CalMag
-5mL Veg Nutes
-6mL Bud Candy( First Time )
PH: 6.2
PPM: 415​

After their feeding in the morning I checked on them in the afternoon and they had all exploded with happy new growth and praying to the light!
As I had them each out of the tent I gave them all some love. CCa2 is getting ready to go into stretch mode now that she’s started preflowers. PEa2 is growing really well now and showing lots of healthy new shoots and growth tips.

As I had PEa1 out of the tent I noticed that she was ready for the next round of training and tying down. So I continued her training outwards with a few more ties.

Now as I was bending her down and tying her open I noticed the smallest little pistil just starting to poke through.

So on day 31 PEa1 has showed her first pistils and is getting big! I’m glad she’s been able to veg for this long. I’m excited to see how she will stretch over the up coming weeks until she kicks it into full flower mode.

Now looking at the Critical+2.0 girls. Since being fed the other day they have been growing like weeds! I have been tying down each day since they are growing so quickly and they are almost ready for another defoliation. They are getting pretty tight now in the middle with all the lower growth catching up to the canopy and filling it in. With a good select defoliation it should allow for better air flow and good light penetration. Looking at the size of them right now I would say I’m close to being ready for flip. I think next weekend I will flip them as long as they continue to grow how they are now. I should have a good sized base and some good Vertical growth before flipping next weekend. @Asesino85 How much vertical height do you find best to allow them to have before flipping? Thanks for the input!

Ok well that’s it for Part 1 and Part 2 will be coming up this afternoon! I hope your all enjoying your weekend so far!

- Update -
Part 1

Day - 31

Day - 31 PEa1 / Day - 30 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 52

Jan.11

What’s up everyone! I ended up getting really busy yesterday and was unable to get around to loading up my pictures and get my update completed so today’s update will be a 2 part update. The first one will be from yesterday and the second will be from today. All of the Autoflowers are doing great.

Ok so going over everything from yesterday. As I had mentioned on Thursday the Autoflowers needed to be watered/fed so yesterday morning I mixed up some distilled water with:

-4mL CalMag
-5mL Veg Nutes
-6mL Bud Candy( First Time )
PH: 6.2
PPM: 415​

After their feeding in the morning I checked on them in the afternoon and they had all exploded with happy new growth and praying to the light!
As I had them each out of the tent I gave them all some love. CCa2 is getting ready to go into stretch mode now that she’s started preflowers. PEa2 is growing really well now and showing lots of healthy new shoots and growth tips.

As I had PEa1 out of the tent I noticed that she was ready for the next round of training and tying down. So I continued her training outwards with a few more ties.

Now as I was bending her down and tying her open I noticed the smallest little pistil just starting to poke through.

So on day 31 PEa1 has showed her first pistils and is getting big! I’m glad she’s been able to veg for this long. I’m excited to see how she will stretch over the up coming weeks until she kicks it into full flower mode.

Now looking at the Critical+2.0 girls. Since being fed the other day they have been growing like weeds! I have been tying down each day since they are growing so quickly and they are almost ready for another defoliation. They are getting pretty tight now in the middle with all the lower growth catching up to the canopy and filling it in. With a good select defoliation it should allow for better air flow and good light penetration. Looking at the size of them right now I would say I’m close to being ready for flip. I think next weekend I will flip them as long as they continue to grow how they are now. I should have a good sized base and some good Vertical growth before flipping next weekend. @Asesino85 How much vertical height do you find best to allow them to have before flipping? Thanks for the input!

Ok well that’s it for Part 1 and Part 2 will be coming up this afternoon! I hope your all enjoying your weekend so far!
Looking nuts dutch!

I should have a good sized base and some good Vertical growth before flipping next weekend. @Asesino85 How much vertical height do you find best to allow them to have before flipping? Thanks for the input!

I can't say there is an exact amount because each strain stretches differently and how far away (and how powerful) a persons lights are can make a big difference in stretch. As a rule of thumb I just let them get to the outside of the pots and let them grow vertically until everything looks nice and even and filled in. I let them go 5-7 days without really touching them after that point and then I flip them.

I can't say there is an exact amount because each strain stretches differently and how far away (and how powerful) a persons lights are can make a big difference in stretch. As a rule of thumb I just let them get to the outside of the pots and let them grow vertically until everything looks nice and even and filled in. I let them go 5-7 days without really touching them after that point and then I flip them.

Thanks for the input Ase! With that being said I think I will give them another good spread and tying down tomorrow and then let them go for the week until flip next weekend. Can’t wait to see how these girls do in flower!

- Update -
Part 2

Day - 32

Day - 32 PEa1 / Day - 31 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 53

Jan.12

Whats up everyone! Part 2 coming up!

So today the girls are all doing great. All the autoflowers have been growing well and are showing no signs of any deficiencies or problems.

CCa1 has been growing quickly the past few days and needed to be tied down and opened up more. I lightly spread her tops and tied them down. Shes now nice and open and the quadline shape is beginning.

The Critical+2.0 girls are doing fantastic and have been growing beautifully. They have really filled out the pots and have a nice shape to them so far. Looking at them a bit closer I will be tying them down once more really well and spread them out as much as I can. After this I will be letting them go until flip which will be next saturday or sunday. Once they are ready for flip I will be doing a selective defoliation before flipping and another once the stretch has stopped. I will go into more detail about selective defoliation once I begin it next weekend. I dont want to remove to much but specific leaves and growth tips will need to be removed to optimize the growth and plant structure. As you can see from the below picture they are pretty dense in the middle area and will need a bit of thinning before the colas start forming up.

Thats about it for this update and I hope your all having a great weekend!
I wish you all a happy and heavily medicated day! :Namaste:

The garden look smashing Dutch! Are you going to let your Critical+'s go up now since they're at the edges of the pots or keep them flat a while longer?

Thanks Shed!! I’m going to be tying them down and spreading them out once more tomorrow and then leaving them alone. That should get me past the edges of the pots and then start going vertical. They are doing great though

Sauga posted this link in his journal to someone else so I thought I would check it out and I am so glad I did. You have a very nicely organized journal with lots of great pics and best of all for me I am doing a few quadlines myself right now and wasn't really sure what to do next. I thought maybe I was supposed to top the quad arms again so I am so happy to have found your journal so I didn't do that. D'oh...

I am just going to do what you do and I should be great!! Thanks for the great timely journal!!! Here is a pic of one of my quadlines from a few days ago.
!cid_1cb508e6-8d2c-417d-a409-eb696ae709d3@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Hey Homer glad your could finally make it over! I seen your qaudline in your journal and its on the right track! I’m glad my journal is helpful to you it’s been a great learning process for myself as well.

Thanks for the warm welcome Dutchman; sorry it took me so long to get here but being a noob I am still overwhelmed with trying to get all my reading done. And yes your journal was very helpful and I found it at the perfect time!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome Dutchman; sorry it took me so long to get here but being a noob I am still overwhelmed with trying to get all my reading done. And yes your journal was very helpful and I found it at the perfect time!!!

I’m glad you found it ok then! I know what it’s like there’s so many great journals to follow along with it’s hard to know where to go haha! I’m happy mine is helping you though! That’s what I was aiming for this journal!

- Update -

Day - 33

Day - 33 PEa1 / Day - 32 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 54

Jan.13

What’s up everyone! Happy Sunday! It’s a beautiful day here in Canada, the weather is cold, the snow is blowing and the weed is growing! Lots of action going on here today and I am excited to get into it all with you! So without further adue... Let’s check it out! Heres a quick overhead of the Little Ones.

Autoflowers are starting to grow very quickly now! CCa1 has pistils starting to form up and has been starting to stretch so she got tied down and spread out again today. Her little budsites are pushing out more pistils.

As I was spreading her out I noticed her bottom single calyx's were looking frosty already so I had to snap a picture. I was pretty surprised.

Moving back to CCa2(LST) she has been pushing out a ton of pistils and is starting to stretch finally! She has been so short and dense it will be nice to get her stretched out a bit. The budsites are starting to explode with new beautiful pistils!

Looking at the Pineapple sisters man they have started to take off! PEa1 is getting big quickly and is covering the entire 3Gal now! She got tied down and spread out again today and is looking absolutely great! I had a feeling she was going to be the one to watch out for and so far shes not letting me down! Im glad shes still has some growth time before going into flower shes going to get big quick now!

PEa2 has shot up over the past few days and is getting big quickly so I lightly bent and tied her over. She has a nice lean to her now and the bottom growth tips are all exposed to maximum light. Im looking forward to seeing how she compares to her sister going through flower and harvest since shes been a bit smaller since the start and a day behind the rest.

Alrighty now moving onto the Critical+2.0 girls. Ohhh weeeee have these girls taken off and just been loving life. They are being flipped next weekend and I decided to give them one more good stretch and tie down before leaving them alone to go vertical this week. Here they are after being tied down and stretched out. A lot of new inner growth has caught up now and is looking great. Im very pleased with the shape of these girls and they are nice and healthy going into flip. If they continue like this then I will be one happy fellow!

I decided to setup a TimeLapse experiment today and see how it turns out. I wanted to try and catch the training rebound of the critical girls after being tied down over the period of 8hrs. Im hoping it turns out.

Until then I hope you all are having a great weekend and are ready for the upcoming week. Stay medicated my friends!
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom