Dutchman's Auto Quads Vs LST With A Critical+2.0 Twist!

:cool::cool::cool:
Cannot wait to see how the plants feedback like, I hope they will love them. BTW, if you have any suggestion during the growing, feel free to let us know. :thumb:

Very glad that this new setup went to a deserving home. Mars Hydro has been an incredible sponsor for these forums. They delivered their prizes in a timely fashion and have been very supportive to this community. As much as I’ll recognize that they aren’t at the top end of the spectrum for lighting, they are affordable and produce incredible results. I saw these new lights and the sponsorship contest in another thread and as much as I wanted to throw my name in the hat for it because I wanted to try them out, I just couldn’t do it because I’ve won enough from them. To find out a fellow #quadsquad member got it makes me incredibly happy because I can watch you try them out and maybe purchase some in the future. I’ve said this before but you really run a great journal and this is the reward for all the hard work you do! Congrats man!

Very glad that this new setup went to a deserving home. Mars Hydro has been an incredible sponsor for these forums. They delivered their prizes in a timely fashion and have been very supportive to this community. As much as I’ll recognize that they aren’t at the top end of the spectrum for lighting, they are affordable and produce incredible results. I saw these new lights and the sponsorship contest in another thread and as much as I wanted to throw my name in the hat for it because I wanted to try them out, I just couldn’t do it because I’ve won enough from them. To find out a fellow #quadsquad member got it makes me incredibly happy because I can watch you try them out and maybe purchase some in the future. I’ve said this before but you really run a great journal and this is the reward for all the hard work you do! Congrats man!

Thank you Ase! I’m excited to see how they produce! I have seen others grow with Mars and got some really good results so I’m excited to put the to the test!

Like Ase said. ^^^ you deserve it. Nice well kept journal that now won't hurt my eyes when i come to see some great looking plants.

Thanks derby! I love the new lights I hope the plants will to!

Nice lights Dutchman. I checked out their site and they have quite the variety of types and they seem pretty reasonably priced. Too bad I already have lights... D'oh. :drool:

Nice looking set up. The lights are a lot bigger than I thought they would be. I hope they perform as well as they look.
Thanks killian I hope so to! Time will tell!

Nice lights Dutchman. I checked out their site and they have quite the variety of types and they seem pretty reasonably priced. Too bad I already have lights... D'oh. :drool:
Hey homer! Yes mars does have quite the selection. These are my first Mars products so I’m excited to put them to the test !

- Update -

Crystal Candy Autos #1 and #2
Day - 35

Pineapple Express Autos #1 and #2
Day - 35 PEa1 / Day - 34 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 56

Jan.15

What’s goin on everyone! Another quick update today so let’s spark this blunt and smoke ourselves through it!

Alrighty first things first the autos! After being moved into the new Mars 3x3 tent they gained lots of space and some excellent new circulation. I’ve got it dialed in at 55%RH and 74’F at lights on currently I may be playing with this over the next few days. With the new lights I wasn’t sure where to start them off height wise so I started at 22”. They seemed great for a while but today after work they were. Bit sad and droopy. So I raised the light to 26” and hopefully we will see some happier girls tomorrow. They will all be needing a feed as well so with the feed and new lights I hope these girls take right off once they get used to the new Sun above them!

These SP-150s seem pretty powerful so I’ll be keeping notes of distances for growing with them for the Mars journal. They are definitely bright!!:cool:

Both CCa1 and PEa1 need a bit of selective defoliation tomorrow. This will open up a few growth tips and allow more light and air flow.

Both the Critical girls are extremely bushy now. They are in need of a good defoliation but I’m not sure if I want to thin then out now 4-5 days before I flip or do it closer. I May get some free time tomorrow so it may happen then! The critical girls are being flipped this weekend along side the last Early Miss1.1.

So hopefully with a feeding and raising the lights the autos bounce back and are nice and perky tomorrow!
:Namaste:

- Update -

Day - 35

Day - 35 PEa1 / Day - 34 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 56

Jan.15

What’s goin on everyone! Another quick update today so let’s spark this blunt and smoke ourselves through it!

Alrighty first things first the autos! After being moved into the new Mars 3x3 tent they gained lots of space and some excellent new circulation. I’ve got it dialed in at 55%RH and 74’F at lights on currently I may be playing with this over the next few days. With the new lights I wasn’t sure where to start them off height wise so I started at 22”. They seemed great for a while but today after work they were. Bit sad and droopy. So I raised the light to 26” and hopefully we will see some happier girls tomorrow. They will all be needing a feed as well so with the feed and new lights I hope these girls take right off once they get used to the new Sun above them!

These SP-150s seem pretty powerful so I’ll be keeping notes of distances for growing with them for the Mars journal. They are definitely bright!!:cool:

Both CCa1 and PEa1 need a bit of selective defoliation tomorrow. This will open up a few growth tips and allow more light and air flow.

Both the Critical girls are extremely bushy now. They are in need of a good defoliation but I’m not sure if I want to thin then out now 4-5 days before I flip or do it closer. I May get some free time tomorrow so it may happen then! The critical girls are being flipped this weekend along side the last Early Miss1.1.

So hopefully with a feeding and raising the lights the autos bounce back and are nice and perky tomorrow!
:Namaste:
Trim the Criticals a day before the flip. They can handle easy stress like that with no problem. Those are beasts by the way! Welcome to the world of white light and passive cooling Dutchie. Looking good brother :)

Droopy they are. Let's hope raising the light raises up those leaves!
Let’s hope so! The lights are at 26” today so hopefully there’s some improvement today. If they are still looking sad when I’m done work I may back it off to 30” and slowly work back down to where they like it.

Trim the Criticals a day before the flip. They can handle easy stress like that with no problem. Those are beasts by the way! Welcome to the world of white light and passive cooling Dutchie. Looking good brother :)

Thanks Prof! The heat is basically non existent at this point lol. With just the passives and an exhaust the tent is staying between 74-76’F with lights on and I’ve got the RH dialed in at 55%

The white lights are wicked though! Love seeing the clarity in the pictures and on the plants now!

- Update -

Day - 36

Day - 36 PEa1 / Day - 35 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 57

Jan.16

What’s up everyone! I hope your all doing well today and enjoying yourself. A few things going on today but a the big update will be tomorrow.

With the autos all being moved into their new home the other day and having the lights changed (blurple to white) I am still getting some sad looking plants. 3 out of the 4 autos seem to be recovering well from the change but PEa1 is giving me a bit of a struggle. I originally had the lights at 22” to start but after 6 or so hours I noticed a slight bit of wilting so I backed the lights off to 26”. After a full day today with them at 26” I am not seeing much improvement on the PEa1 but I am hopeful she will turn around over the next few days. I wanted to remove a bit more of the light stress from her so I backed the lights out to 30” for the next few days to let them get used to them. If they are all perky and happy by the weekend I will begin to slowly lower the lights to my ideal height. I would like to get them to 18” above the canopy come full flower.

Critical+2.0 girls are doing absolutely fantastic! These lovely ladies are stealing the show and have an amazing structure to them so far. I am very pleased with how the qaudline has taken shape I can’t wait to see how they do in flower. I have manipulated the canopy to the best of my ability and I think it’s paid off. The tops of both criticals are nice even and flat. I aim to maintain this through stretch and keep them happy!

Looking at how thick and bushy they are, they need a good defoliation! I was going to let them go until the weekend and then strip and flip but I have been reading more and I am deciding on some selective defoliation tomorrow letting them bounce back until the weekend and then flip. The reason I am deciding to go this route is that from what I have read stripping just before flip can slow and limit the amount of stretch. I want these girls to stretch up and stack heavy so a little recovery time from defoliation before flip I feel will be best. I am also planning a heavy defoliation on Day21 and Day45 of flower. Other than these 2 rounds of defoliation I won’t be doing much other thank tucking and plucking leaves.

I’ll be sure to go over the defoliation method tomorrow with lots of pictures! Until then though I wish you all a happy and amazing day and stay medicated my friends!

Nice job Dutch...you got some cool fat bottomed girls on those Candies...
Thanks Sauga! The CC girls are pushing out the most pistils but are still very short! I hope they stretch up or these will be some small autos haha!

Lookin awesome Dutch
Thanks Penny! Cheese poofs? Haha:popcorn:

I can only imagine!

Oh, take off any fans touching the soil. I noticed a couple where the tips are browning. Or you could stick a rock under them to raise them.
Will do Shed! Thanks for keeping a watchful eye!

Thanks Magoo
Trying to follow the qaudline masters!

Back
Top Bottom