Dutchman's Auto Quads Vs LST With A Critical+2.0 Twist!

Me to Sara! We will know by tomorrow evening hopefully!
Everytime change to a new stuff, there might be some adaption time. Hope it won't be long. :Namaste:

Hi Dutch, I post the picture on other platforms and other growers give me some advice, maybe it is useful?
1547693304637.png

The plants are just a little stressed and trying to get used to everything. I think the new lights are just more intense and they will get used to it soon enough! Criticals are on point with that quadline.

Thanks Ase! I have a good feeling they will perk up in the next day or so! After looking around the forums a few others have had the same issues when switching light sources so I’m sure they will bounce back!

Hi Dutch, I post the picture on other platforms and other growers give me some advice, maybe it is useful?
1547693304637.png

Thanks for asking around Sara! I know my medium is moist it’s because they were just fed/watered. I am aware of a proper wet dry cycle in plant medium for proper and healthy root growth so I know it’s not my watering technique. These light being at 14-16” right now would be cooking these little girls so I don’t feel closer would help. Once they are in flower I wouldn’t hesitate to get them as close as I can but for them just going under these new stronger lights less than 48hrs ago I think allowing them an acclimation period will do them best. Also with 3 plants not wilting like the 4th it makes me think it’s more of a plant sensitivity or stress than anything else. My growing medium and nutes haven’t changed it’s only been the light source

...I'm thinkin' the height will help in the adjustment...seems shed was/is having issues as well, transitioning to high intensity white from blurple...these SP 150's have piqued my curiosity...will be checking with Sara towards the end of Feb. in regards to Canadian availability and pricing...still following along...tho' it's Mexican time...read notifications, then go and catch up on ones I missed...all in all...you'll recover and nail it IMHO...:thumb::high-five:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

Thanks Ase! I have a good feeling they will perk up in the next day or so! After looking around the forums a few others have had the same issues when switching light sources so I’m sure they will bounce back!

Thanks for asking around Sara! I know my medium is moist it’s because they were just fed/watered. I am aware of a proper wet dry cycle in plant medium for proper and healthy root growth so I know it’s not my watering technique. These light being at 14-16” right now would be cooking these little girls so I don’t feel closer would help. Once they are in flower I wouldn’t hesitate to get them as close as I can but for them just going under these new stronger lights less than 48hrs ago I think allowing them an acclimation period will do them best. Also with 3 plants not wilting like the 4th it makes me think it’s more of a plant sensitivity or stress than anything else. My growing medium and nutes haven’t changed it’s only been the light source
Just try to be helpful, :) Hope the plants will be okay soon. :)

...I'm thinkin' the height will help in the adjustment...seems shed was/is having issues as well, transitioning to high intensity white from blurple...these SP 150's have piqued my curiosity...will be checking with Sara towards the end of Feb. in regards to Canadian availability and pricing...still following along...tho' it's Mexican time...read notifications, then go and catch up on ones I missed...all in all...you'll recover and nail it IMHO...:thumb::high-five:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...
Hi dr.h00k, you planed the right time, around Feb, we should have stock as well, haha!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Hook!

What does Mars suggest as a height. I would take that plus 6-8" and once they are looking better and getting a bit of stretch lower them some every other day.

Hey derby! Mars suggest this
6B383C3B-819C-4692-95B0-F5C5455D908E.png

But I think the sudden change of intense white had shocked them. With the light being at 30” the PEa1 looks to be turning around and perking up! I’ll know more by end of work today on how she’s doing but from yestwrday till now there is an improvement. That is my plan now that I am at 30”. Once the girls are happy and doing well again I’ll begin lowering the light until I reach my happy spot !

Thanks for the input!

Hey derby! Mars suggest this
6B383C3B-819C-4692-95B0-F5C5455D908E.png

But I think the sudden change of intense white had shocked them. With the light being at 30” the PEa1 looks to be turning around and perking up! I’ll know more by end of work today on how she’s doing but from yestwrday till now there is an improvement. That is my plan now that I am at 30”. Once the girls are happy and doing well again I’ll begin lowering the light until I reach my happy spot !

Thanks for the input!
I remember having the same issue when I setup my Mars Hydro Epistar tent. I bought into the reflector series when I started and they are more blurple but I still get great results because of the coverage. The epistars that’s I’ve won through contests are definitely more on the whiter side at full power. When I first set them up the same thing happened to my girls. I put some of the girls from my reflector tent in there and they were droopy and sad looking for days but they got used to it.

When plants go into shock a lot of times they kind of freeze up and with the more intense light they are likely shocked a bit. Maybe try giving them a really balanced feeding for a couple feeds (N-P-K 1-1-1) and then the plant can take what it needs to get through the change and you can go back to your normal schedule.

Thanks for the input!

I kinda relate this to an outdoor grow requirement called "Hardening Off". When you're ready to move from artificial light to natural sunlight, you must gradually get the plants used to the brighter lights (and other environmental changes). The first day you move the plants outside for a couple hours, then bring them back in. Then the next day you add another hour or two to being outside. Repeat this process for about a week and then the plants are ready to go full on sunshine. :peace:

I remember having the same issue when I setup my Mars Hydro Epistar tent. I bought into the reflector series when I started and they are more blurple but I still get great results because of the coverage. The epistars that’s I’ve won through contests are definitely more on the whiter side at full power. When I first set them up the same thing happened to my girls. I put some of the girls from my reflector tent in there and they were droopy and sad looking for days but they got used to it.

When plants go into shock a lot of times they kind of freeze up and with the more intense light they are likely shocked a bit. Maybe try giving them a really balanced feeding for a couple feeds (N-P-K 1-1-1) and then the plant can take what it needs to get through the change and you can go back to your normal schedule.

Thanks Ase! It’s pretty clear I just had the lights to Low. I got home today and the PEa1 is perking right up! Really glad she’s turning around and the all the growth in these plants looks beautiful under these new lights!

She’s a lot better and you can see in the upcoming update next!

- Update -

Crystal Candy Autos #1 and #2

Day - 37

Pineapple Express Autos #1 and #2
Day - 37 PEa1 / Day - 36 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 58

Jan.17
Hey hey everybody! What’s going on?

I got some great news! PEa1 is turning around! I got home from work and she was looking much better. I think after a rest tonight she will be perky and happy tomorrow! All the autos are doing great so far otherwise they all adapted well to the new lights and the new growth is vibrant and green!

They are all still getting Veg Nutes and will continue until into further into flower. I haven’t touched them otherwise since they were a it light stressed. I will leave them alone until they look happy again and then spread out CCa1 and PEa1.... Probably tomorrow since I’m confident my girls will be strong and ready to take off!

Now with the Critical+2.0 girls they are being flipped this weekend beside their sister-in-law EM1.1 from my other journal. They needed a bit of thinning out before flipping and I didn’t want to do it the day before. They will have tomorrow and Saturday to fill out and then FLIP party at the Dutch house!:yahoo:

Now I didn’t do a very heavy defoliation. My choices were “selective” based on node covering and “not being able to tuck them”!

So here’s a few pictures before and after above and from the side! These girls I am very proud of and I can not wait to send them into flower!

The Criticals are looking great!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom