Dutchman's Auto Quads Vs LST With A Critical+2.0 Twist!

Congrats on the Member of the Month nomination, Dutch! :goodjob:

- Update Day -

Ok everybody today is the official second UPDATE for this journal. Every update I will be bringing new information to the table and be including information regarding all the photos and the growth development through the days covered.

Crystal Candy Autos #1 and #2
Day - 4

Steady growth on both of the Crystal Candy Autoflowers so far. Their second leaves are visible and getting bigger.

Pineapple Express Autos #1 and #2
Day - 4 PEa1 / Day - 3 PEa2

PE1 is growing right along side the CCa girls but her sister is still a little small but is beginning to grow so we will see if she takes off.

Critical+2.0
Day - 25 since being cut

After starting the quadline yesterday I was hoping I wouldn’t see much shock or stress and to my surprise this morning both of them are looking great perky and I can even see some growth on the smaller middle nodes! Amazing!

Dec.15

This morning I woke up and checked on the tent to see how the little ones are doing. The CCa girls and PEa1 were all ok for water since I gave them the first watering at transplant. This was on Dec.9 to confirm.
On Dec.9 I watered CCa1 / CCa2 / PEa1 with 250mL of water with 0.5mL of voodoo juice added. (1/4 strength)
Since PEa2 wasn’t above ground at this time I had only watered her with 100mL of distilled water. This was to settle her into the soil when she was transplanted.

Today she got fed 250mL of distilled water mixed with voodoo juice at 0.5mL

Tomorrow the other autos CCa1 / CCa2 / PEa1 will get another round of water and voodoo juice phed to 5.8.

My watering process: With the seedlings being this young I don’t want to disturb the roots growing so I very lightly water in a circle increasing the size away and outward from the plants. This will increase each time to make the roots spread out and down searching for more water! A Healthy rootball is what we are aiming for here. The bigger and stronger we can get our root system the better our plants will do come flowering!
Since we are limited on time with autos in the veg cycle I am going to need to pick my 2 candidates for the Quadline approach and which 2 will be taking the LST route. We want to top our autos and start the quadline process between Days 14-21 with 21 being the cutoff to top an auto. So far it looks like I will be using PEa1 and CCa1 for my quads.

Now speaking of quadlines let’s take a closer look at the Critical+2.0 girls. After being cut and topped yesterday I was hoping that they would continue their vigorous growth and low and behold they were perky and loving life this morning. All the “topped” areas are closed over and sealed. The lower nodes that were removed have closed as well.

The inner “X” growth has become noticeably bigger since yesterday which is surprising after me cutting her up the way I did! It shows how strong these girls really are.
Nice light green new growth have begun to stretch. I will give them a day to recover and bend the fan leaves down more to allow more light to get down there!
Once the inner growth gets big enough to pull down and start training I will tie it down and allow the lower growth tips to catch up.

Well that about sums up what’s happened since our last update yesterday. (Dec.14)
:Namaste:

I wish you all a happy and enjoyable weekend with family and friends.
Don’t forget if there are any questions please shout out!

Thank you all again, there so much love it’s crazy!
:green_heart::Namaste:

So yer if you do it how you said and then wait for the photos to get about 3 weeks from finishing flower and then drop the next load of seeds. I changed it a lil to squeeze one more plant in lol. Autos in small pots photos in big pots.

Attachments

• 15448975555051157115034.jpg
    15448975555051157115034.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 53
So yer if you do it how you said and then wait for the photos to get about 3 weeks from finishing flower and then drop the next load of seeds. I changed it a lil to squeeze one more plant in lol. Autos in small pots photos in big pots.
Nice drawing Bilbo! I’ll keep that in mind for the future!! Thanks brother

Gardens looking super, the quad line will up your game for sure.
I’m really excited at my first attempt with the quadline! Going to be a great learning experience and something I want to really document and showcase well with this journal!

Nice update btw. Sorry it took me a while my misses was chewing my ear off before she goes to her dads for the evening lol. Ps4, kfc and Rick and morty for bilbo tonight!

Ahaha no worries brother! Sounds like a great night! Me and the wifey are actually going to our friends annual Christmas party! Usually about 30/40 people lots of drinking games and fun! Should be a sweet time and I look forward to sharing my WWa with the friends now that’s it’s been curing for 7+weeks!

In the 70's we drank whatever we could get... or whatever somebody would buy for us.

- Update Day -

Crystal Candy Autos #1 and #2
Day - 5

Pineapple Express Autos #1 and #2
Day - 5 PEa1 / Day - 4 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 26

This was #2 on Day - 24 look at the growth even after starting the quadline!

Dec.16
Hello everybody and happy Sunday! It’s been an awesome weekend with some great results and excellent growth on the critical quads and the new Autoflowers.

As you can see from the above pictures all the new baby autos are off to a great start and have started growing their second set of leaves bigger. I’m excited to see them take off in the next week or so. I’m still thinking I am going to use PEa1 and CCa1 for the quadlines and then using LST on PEa2 and CCa2. Since I don’t want to top and cut the autos to late it will be a timing game for the Quads.

My 450W LED (18/6 light schedule) is on “veg” only right now which is giving the babies nice healthy growth so far. I am allowing the babies to get to their 3rd or 4th node before turning on both switches for full spectrum coverage and to give them the best light penetration. I know of people running both switches “veg” and “bloom” from seed to harvest on autos just keeping the light at a higher distance to start. I want to gradually increase their light intensity until it’s at its maximum when going into flower phase.

Starting from the beginning with my light at 30” I am going to introduce the bloom switch increasing light intensity and bumping to full spectrum once they get their 3rd or 4th node like mentioned above. Then I will allow them to get used to that and begin to lower the light a 1” every other day until I reach my height of about 18-20” at which they will remain until they get moved over to the big tent and should be into flower. They will then get the added bonus of the 600W HPS for their finish.

After the autos get moved into the big tent the criticals will remain in the small 2x2 tent and continue their training until mid January at which I will have to flip them just based on my schedule and the need of my garden being finished next spring for my wedding!

I will be doing another update later this evening to talk about my feed schedule for my autos this round and ways I can potentially improve for future growth. I will also go into a little detail on the Autoflower strains this round.

Until then my 420 family :rollit:I have a tray of pre rolled blunts from my White Widow for you all to enjoy! :yummy:

Stay medicated friends!:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom