Thank you @Rexer :circle-of-love:
Heh roots went ham. It was a great harvest but I’m not 100% satisfied to the ”texture”. Some of the nugs stayed pretty fluffy and airy… Hopefully that gets fixed little with good curing. The quality is good tho. It has a lot more indica effects compared to the soil pheno.
Been so busy past days, but I’ll catch up your journo soon!

Thanks @FelipeBlu :green_heart:
Now the first actual DWC grow under the belt. A lot was learned.

Thanks @Kanno26 :thanks:
The smoke itself is good. Little pungent after taste and hits body hard!

2/8/2022 Update

Helllo folks! Been kinda busy lately so updates lacking and Ive a lot to catch up with.

PP nugs were hang drying for about 72hrs - I accidentally let some of the nugs too dry before jarring them :confused:
Some of the smaller popcorns were jarred after ~48hrs and their RH is nice between 55-65%. But the bigger nugs their RH barely climbs up to 55%. Been burping the jars after it hits over 57% (so far Ive opened them once).

The final product exterior & texture didn’t meet my all expectations, as some of the nugs stayed pretty fluffy and airy. Due that didn’t give them a second trim before jarring.

Dry weight is:
- 45g (1.5oz) larf/popcorns
- 135g (4.7oz) bigger nugs
= 180g (~6.5oz) TOTAL :cheesygrinsmiley:

I guess thats a good harvest from a single plant.
A lot will be used to make hash and probs some dabs if I’d start vaping more often again.

Before the harvest

Well it was the story of Purple Punchers. Next up Gorilla Glues, Wedding Cake and new auto tent mix!
97C09AF6-7DD5-41BD-9B06-AF811AA6696B.jpeg

08C053CB-5441-45FF-9EBD-5374D54AEA03.jpeg

Stay safe and grow well my famz!
:passitleft:

- Verb

PS. Smoke report later
Hi @Verbalist, I can ask why you start right in big pots and you don't start with small pots or it's just laziness;)

Hi @Verbalist, I can ask why you start right in big pots and you don't start with small pots or it's just laziness;)
Hi Kanno. Normally with photos I’d re-pot at least twice if growing in soil. But autoflowers roots are generally a lot more sentive - Even the smaller root damage might stunt the root/plant growth. And as autos generally veg for a shorter time and have shorter life cycle, we want to avoid all the possible delays.

People do up-pot autos, but I’m not into that as I stunted one auto pretty hard last time when I was up-potting. And yes with a touch of laziness :Rasta:

Hi Kanno. Normally with photos I’d re-pot at least twice if growing in soil. But autoflowers roots are generally a lot more sentive - Even the smaller root damage might stunt the root/plant growth. And as autos generally veg for a shorter time and have shorter life cycle, we want to avoid all the possible delays.

People do up-pot autos, but I’m not into that as I stunted one auto pretty hard last time when I was up-potting. And yes with a touch of laziness :Rasta:
Thanks for the answer, I didn't know that cars are so sensitive to roots and I find it really smart to put them right in a big flowerpot and they don't move with them anymore. I didn't know that, but that's why I'm here;)

What bruv no invite?!? :rofl: Looks like the plants turned out Cherreh! Good on ya mate.
Excuse me bruv :laughtwo: Thought the followers will eventually find it out if they check the journo. She yielded well, but the bud look aint even competing against your melon!

I’ll be waiting for the cat piss smell to be gone before giving the final judgement.
Like I mean Ive got almost two hunnit gees jarred right now and nothing to complain about the quality. Its sweet, but I’m always more into those wrist thick juicer colas :rofl:

2/15 Smoke report & outcome

Hello 420fam & growers!
Been curing & burping Purple Punch jars for bout two weeks now.
Cat piss smell is almost completely gone and the nugs starts to gain some aroma. :high-five:

So thought this time I’ll do a proper smoke report and the wrap up for outcome.

Outcome:
89 days from sprout to harvest. First actual DWC growth from the very beginning until the harvest.
Purple Punch auto as a strain was pretty easy to grow. IMO it’s a perfect choice for the beginners and more moderate growers as the plant can handle heavier training and supports a lot later growth.
She was grown under @Mars Hydro TS1000 in 2x2.5 tent. The lamp has done superb job in small spaces. No problems with the heat, compact size and the leds seem to be good, even tho they’re not Samsung ones. Nonetheless 150W wasn’t enough to penetrate through ~30" wide canopy. So little upgrade would be needed to achieve best possible results in such small spaces.

I were hittin Potassium (K) pretty hard during the pre-flowering and bud set which most likely caused some nutrient imbalance during the fruiting. For example the plant was lacking for Magnesium X perioid time due the high Potassium levels as it has an antagonism with Magnesium. Which then delayed and reduced the flower mass, but on the other hand then mad high Potassium values made a sweet coat of resin! And THC levels must be (at least feels like) higher than her sister phenos in soil.

Did a very little defoliation or any major trainings. And the plant overgrew the tent during the strech phase. - Leason learned, more heavy training in the future!
And due the dense canopy, lower 1/3 were total larf buds. Sadly.
It was around 40-50grams total in larf as the whole yield was 180g dried.

As the plant became bit stretchy, it was also visible in the inflorescences, as some of them remained very airy/fluffy.

nug samples:
5A7A9A84-B44C-49A8-B8CC-201A03853844.jpeg

233A2C0B-F111-4A76-8A0A-98DF2A3AB605.jpeg

Not the best looking flowers as the trim is VERY lazy, but the @Barney's Farm Purple Punch genetics saved the quality!

Smoke report:
First three words to describe the taste; sweet, earthy and pungent. Pungency comes as an aftertaste. I believe its due the amount of resin and leaf material left on. The aftertaste little scrapes the lungs, just like smoking kief from bottom of your grinder.

The strain is a cross of indica dominant strains. If I remember right it was reported to be like 80/20 indica/sativa hybrid. But this pheno was flowered so the trichomes were a good mix of cloudy and amber ones, which brings up the indica effects even better!
Definitely the night time smoke! Incase you accidentally go in the morning to smoke more than one bowl, then you can expect to lagg whole day. :laughtwo:

But at the evening after a tough day when you just wanna kick back and lay down, then Purple Punch is a perfect choice!
First joint gives you a pleasant head buzz and actually makes you talkative. We both me and Mrs. V confirm this!
This particular ”feature” lifts the evening mood very well. And after the second and third joint it gives you the real body punch. Eventually it makes you so sleepy and you can easily fall into deep relaxed sleep.

Only downside is that it gives you a mind races in higher doses. This happens to me almost never.
And the usual negatives/downsides are super red eyes and mouth goes into full sahara mode in less than 5. :laugh:

0743E205-6714-4BEB-B1AE-54F0F1167BBF.jpeg

Then the next step would be to create a new journal for these young gorillas.
They’re on day 7 or 8 I think. And there is two more autos growing, TD and Wedding Cake which still seem to be idling. The growth is so minimal.

80562A48-C5EC-44B1-A65E-88F9A0DCD4C4.jpeg

Coco Gorilla thrives!! She will be most likely proper main-lined this time.
63FAF688-6A89-47E8-9882-56EAA89D4BBD.jpeg

Then the DWC Gorilla. 1/8tsp per gallon of Kelp’s included Potassium has almost burnt the tips of the first leaves. Little droopy but she looks bout to get out of the seedling stage as those roots will start to absorb nutes! I started the first patch at 350ppm / 0.7EC - idk why, lol just wanted to see if she can be heavy fed.

Oh and I’ve planned to quad-line this one. Ive got those hooks screwed on the lid which will make the tying a lot easier. Would be cool to keep her flat as possible and let her spread all over the lid. :laughtwo:
D0E1A1C6-709A-4E65-9560-12961603F3A7.jpeg

C823829C-7932-4D76-85B0-982464D715BB.jpeg

PS PS! I’m truly grateful that my journal has been nominated in GJOTM once again!! :love::thanks:
It is an honour to know you guys, srsly. :)

- Verb

3/1/2022

Howdy 420fam!
Still hard to believe that I actually won the GJOTM! :circle-of-love:
I’m truly grateful to everyone who nominated and voted for my journal.

Love the community :green_heart:

Thought I’ll update the last outcome of the Purple Punches.

DWC plant nugs has been cured for about month now. Cat piss smell is completely gone, fortunately!
I maybe let the nugs little too dry as the RH barely climbed up to 60%.

Aroma and flavor is awsome tho!
Nugs are very dense and when opening the jars it fills the whole room in seconds with a strong and slightly sweet smell.
@Barney's Farm promises up to 25% of THC content but judging by the amount of resin I had - I’d throw a wild guess could be close to 16-18%.

And I found a perfect specimen bag for Purple Punch samples :laugh: ”Biohazard in higher doses.”
837F2A99-DB46-41D9-92E0-55330E248AB8.jpeg

496F6290-8F4E-4E3F-954B-B353FF43F413.jpeg

My current on-going journal(s) can be found from the signature link (not trying to promote them) Incase you’re interested to follow the up comming cultivations! Theres going to be little upgrades hopefully soon. :cool: And I’ll do my best, no I promise to continue to provide quality content for you guys!
7AC3CB2E-F5F9-441A-BDD1-C4A5B84878DD.jpeg

Smoky-monday brothers, sisters, followers and growers. :Namaste:

Positive vibes
- V

Fantastic grow and journal @Verbalist congrats on the well deserved win.

Fantastic grow and journal @Verbalist congrats on the well deserved win.
Thank you LKA! :circle-of-love:

Your journal was at least as good as mine. Hopefully we see it again in the march nominees!

Back
Top Bottom