Emmie's Perpetual Vegetative Grow Rooms - 2020-2021

Wtf? How about not share your inner thoughts and just say “That looks sweet!” Super easy.
cause i'm trying strait shooting, open-honest dialog, and sometimes it comes out as me being
ass hole-opinionated.. I want my conversation to come across as open honest helpful and caring.. but for a grow room, a color that dark is only going to soak in side rays instead of reflecting them.. I wasnt thinking quaint period Wainscotting, was looking at the space for growing reasons.

cause i'm trying strait shooting, open-honest dialog, and sometimes it comes out as me being
ass hole-opinionated.. I want my conversation to come across as open honest helpful and caring.. but for a grow room, a color that dork is only going to soak in side rays instead of reflecting them..
Yeahhh. That makes no sense at all. I didn’t realize this was therapy for you. I will continue to follow along with this thread, which is authored by a very experienced woman who is doing us all a favor by sharing her time detailing (aka journaling) HER grow on HER journal. Sorry Emilya for being a turd on your thread.

ass hole-opinionated.. I want my conversation to come across as open honest helpful and caring.. but for a grow room, a color that dork is only going to soak in side rays instead of reflecting them..
I will actually be able to measure it. I will measure the amount of LUX hitting the floor at a specific wattage before putting up the mylar and compare it to an identical situation after the mylar. It should be abundantly clear why we put up mylar just based on the results of that measurement.

Regarding the stark "high contrast" color scheme... it is a common way to add to the sellability of a home... it adds "impact." We will be "fixing" many areas in the home over time... I like much softer colors. But here in the grow room, we will reverse things to make the plants happy... the floor will be dark and the walls will be highly reflective.

As far as the straight shooting goes... I much prefer that over someone who pretends but then talks bad about me in other threads or on other forums... that shit hurts and is just not friendly.

Peace and love to everyone... even those who I have argued with, but most especially to those who have blocked me so they don't have to see my words. It is they whom I love the most, for it is there that I know that I have been the most influential.
:snowboating:

Yeahhh. That makes no sense at all. I didn’t realize this was therapy for you. I will continue to follow along with this thread, which is authored by a very experienced woman who is doing us all a favor by sharing her time detailing (aka journaling) HER grow on HER journal. Sorry Emilya for being a turd on your thread.
It is therapy.. i'm also not gonna say I love love it when I don't and that it doesn't work for a veg room color. sorry, i am kind of that way sometimes mabe overfocused or tripping on the minutiae..

We all get dinged now and then if we are active... it's so easy to slip up sometimes by getting passionate about some issue or that and losing your mind for a moment... Sadly I do that last bit more often than I would like to admit. I have promised to try to do better. You should have seen my sarcastic self in the early days and when I was angry at the world for my disability... I chased off a lot of good folks from various boards in those days and still have a portion of the world mad at me. Such is life. In the real world I am a leader of business executives. They all know that I mean it... If you're not upsetting someone, you aren't doing your job.

Whether it is my real life or here, I personally don’t set out to upset people, but I do find those who like to be outraged and offended can easily become that around me. I tend to call it how I see it, and in this age of political correctness and people taking themselves So. Fucking. Seriously, I often unintentionally offend.

I don’t entirely agree with your last sentence and that’s ok. I don’t think upsetting people is a necessity to doing a job well, I feel I am doing my job well when I am being true to myself and what I believe in, I am goal orientated and driven by motivation. When I upset people, it’s usually collateral damage, and it’s not my intention.

Whether it is my real life or here, I personally don’t set out to upset people, but I do find those who like to be outraged and offended can easily become that around me. I tend to call it how I see it, and in this age of political correctness and people taking themselves So. Fucking. Seriously, I often unintentionally offend.

I don’t entirely agree with your last sentence and that’s ok. I don’t think upsetting people is a necessity to doing a job well, I feel I am doing my job well when I am being true to myself and what I believe in, I am goal orientated and driven by motivation. When I upset people, it’s usually collateral damage, and it’s not my intention.
The meaning of my last sentence only applies in an upper management or in a professorial position. In society, of which this forum could be called, it is usually best to go along without offending people. In a business situation where you are in charge or as the head of a classroom, you must challenge those there to always go for more and it is your job to challenge those who are satisfied with mediocre to strive for more. Specifically here in the growing world, I try to change paradigms with my work and I openly challenge the wisdom of the 1970's grow bibles and the bro-science that has become the internet growing world of the 21st century. If I am not upsetting someone with my conclusions, then I am not doing my job.

The meaning of my last sentence only applies in an upper management or in a professorial position. In society, of which this forum could be called, it is usually best to go along without offending people. In a business situation where you are in charge or as the head of a classroom, you must challenge those there to always go for more and it is your job to challenge those who are satisfied with mediocre to strive for more. Specifically here in the growing world, I try to change paradigms with my work and I openly challenge the wisdom of the 1970's grow bibles and the bro-science that has become the internet growing world of the 21st century. If I am not upsetting someone with my conclusions, then I am not doing my job.

I understood that. I’m no where near upper management in my work role. I am 100% coal faced. But I know enough about management to know the leadership styles that get results, and the type that don’t. You say challenge, I say inspire but potato/potatoe, I think we are singing from the same book of song.

I have never felt it best not to offend. I try not to intentionally offend. To me they are two very different things. I think this demographic (universally known as Karen) which has been created, that lives for being outraged and offended is what is ruining our world. People need to understand just because your offended or your feelings are hurt doesn’t mean you‘re right. So many equate hurt feelings with being right, it is a bone of contention with me.

I love that you challenge ideals, it what makes you part of the 10% who lead. I am firmly in the 90% who follow, not blindly, but my opinion is usually based on what the 10% have researched and found.

I live for healthy debate, it is where most of my misinformation gets debunked. Nothing makes me happier than realising what I believe to be 100% true and correct isn’t true at all. I believe when we learn, we grow, when we don’t challenge our own beliefs we wither and become narrow minded bores.

Haha I'm with you. You may know, ? the inventor has a line of similar products that looks very useful and cool. Awesome grow area ya having there!
Van Stank just used it to seal his water bottle feeders....

Today I have one more to report up above the ground, one of the Strawberry Coughs... that is two so far. I expect an explosion of more to show up soon.

DSCF8185.JPG

After finally getting a chance to sit up in the future grow room for a while and think, a better plan of attack has been formulated. The little alcoves might be fine for germinating and cloning, but they are way too tiny to serve as a full time veg room.

A bit of planning with a tape measure in hand allowed a plan to form.

DSCF8186.JPG

You can see the Nextlight Mega sitting there in the middle of that area. It is 36"x36" and its coverage in bloom is 5'x5'

The room can easily be divided into two grow areas by framing in a wall right down the center and then putting in doors at this end of the room. The early "just get it done" plans of putting up plastic have been replaced by more rational and reasoned thoughts. I am going to have a large 6' x 12' veg room and an adjoining 6'x12' bloom room, or two bloom rooms with alcoves... I can get as fancy as I want to be. I am going to need another large LED light :)

As far as the straight shooting goes... I much prefer that over someone who pretends but then talks bad about me in other threads or on other forums... that shit hurts and is just not friendly.
Sorry Emilya, I keep trying to think of something clever to say but “Fxxk them” seems to be the only appropriate response. I’ll try harder next time.

One more has hit the surface since this afternoon... Gummy Bear has joined the party! Three more have been added to solo cups from the paper towel stage, and it looks like we have 18 out of 22 that have germinated... and so far 3 have reached light. As I tuck them away for their 4 hour nap starting at midnight, I expect to see a few more new ones in the morning.

Today I have one more to report up above the ground, one of the Strawberry Coughs... that is two so far. I expect an explosion of more to show up soon.

DSCF8185.JPG

After finally getting a chance to sit up in the future grow room for a while and think, a better plan of attack has been formulated. The little alcoves might be fine for germinating and cloning, but they are way too tiny to serve as a full time veg room.

A bit of planning with a tape measure in hand allowed a plan to form.

DSCF8186.JPG

You can see the Nextlight Mega sitting there in the middle of that area. It is 36"x36" and its coverage in bloom is 5'x5'

The room can easily be divided into two grow areas by framing in a wall right down the center and then putting in doors at this end of the room. The early "just get it done" plans of putting up plastic have been replaced by more rational and reasoned thoughts. I am going to have a large 6' x 12' veg room and an adjoining 6'x12' bloom room, or two bloom rooms with alcoves... I can get as fancy as I want to be. I am going to need another large LED light :)

I'd vote for;
One 6x12' Preputual Veg room with adjoining one 3x6' grow room and a 2nd separate 3x6' room basically only to give you the option of having a separate space to make seeds.

Back
Top Bottom