Emmie's Vegan Fertilizer, Pineapple Chunk 2020 Celebration: Experimental Soil Grow

Thank you so much for your assuring words and sound advice emy as usual your help and guidance is much appreciated
It’s been to long Since I’ve been outside the forum but it’s truly refreshing to be welcomed and helped by people that are making breakthroughs in this plant that we can all benefit so much from.
I really believe this new MEGACROP technology is going to pave the wave for how we cultivate in in times to come. Once again much love to all you grow wizards
Hi Canny... thanks for joining us!
First, I see no reason to add recharge either in a coco grow or especially in a MC grow. Microbes and the organic feeding cycle are not at all compatable with the Megacrop technology. I dont think that this is the cause of your slight deficiency, but it is a waste of money. Save the recharge for your next truly organic grow, where the microbes have something to bite on. Just having microbes swimming around in the coco is not even in the least bit beneficial.
But what I see is an almost perfect color and happy looking plants except for the damage at the ends of your leaves. If you have not been feeding MC with every watering, start doing so... that is how this stuff works. Feeding more often would most likely give you a bit deeper of a color and would deal with the damage we are seeing. It is my belief that 6g/g is all the MC that is needed even at the peak of the grow cycle, but being new to the nute I still have my mind open to very large plants possibly needing more. In your case, start feeding with every watering and change nothing else, and lets see how they look in a week.

Yes it does lol I’ve heard much on those, Yet on the 6g/gl I fed there was quite the amount of them I started to count them and once passed ten I felt satisfied with the amount :)
I think that you are on V2.5. V3 should have all those ground up. I’m closely watching when V3 comes out so you peaked my curiosity. I ground all mine up with a 8$ coffee grinder. I noticed the closer I got to finishing the bag the farther the ratio was off.

No problem shottafire, and that method should work pretty well and end up being more accurate than most folks do things, but I have seen some varieties go as long as 11 days from the flip before they actually start to flower. I have found that by doing it this way, actually looking for the flowering to begin, I get a VERY accurate determination as to when harvest will be... almost always within days of the breeder suggestions.
me too. have been decades just countng from flip time but swapped a couple of grows back to actual flowering time starting and not looked back. it gives a far more accurate and less stressful ending to the grow that way. I used to rack my brain as to why all my flowering went approx 2 weeks longer than breeders said. lol

Hi Emilya,
I have just completed reading thru your thread, very interesting. I had seen mention of Mega Crop before but just put it down to one or another of the many different nute lines available overseas that we don't have here in NZ. Anyway, I shall continuing checking in to see how your plants progress and to make the most of your commentary. I shall take a look at the Mega Crop thread, and also pop back over to Donkey Dick's thread as he is using Mega Crop, and he is in NZ too, so must be some avenues for getting Mega Crop in NZ too. Anyway, all the best.
share a batch with DD. Customs slashed his bag open too.

Quick question that I know was already gone thru in the thread but my lack of esteem with my first time jumping into coco loco is making me seek reassurance. By my understanding there is no need to introduce cal mag as the mega crop should suffice all the plants needs and at any indication of defficiencies just up the dose by .5 g as per emys trial run?
This new tech is really going against all sound advice I’ve read regarding coco but this thread has made me understand somewhat the science behind chelating the aminoS versus the salt meaning we wouldn’t be running into the cal-mag defficiencies we needed in traditional salt grows while in coco?? My main worry is that the only cal-mag supplement I have on hand is calimagic which is obviously salt based and it worries me how it would interact with the MC and the plant since it’s literally salting up that soil. Should I go ahead and acquire the GLN line cal-mag to be on the safe side? Or has anyone had any experience with this scenario?? I’m jus trying to think ahead but at the same time I am really trying to keep things as simple as possible, thanks in advance

Quick question that I know was already gone thru in the thread but my lack of esteem with my first time jumping into coco loco is making me seek reassurance. By my understanding there is no need to introduce cal mag as the mega crop should suffice all the plants needs and at any indication of defficiencies just up the dose by .5 g as per emys trial run?
This new tech is really going against all sound advice I’ve read regarding coco but this thread has made me understand somewhat the science behind chelating the aminoS versus the salt meaning we wouldn’t be running into the cal-mag defficiencies we needed in traditional salt grows while in coco?? My main worry is that the only cal-mag supplement I have on hand is calimagic which is obviously salt based and it worries me how it would interact with the MC and the plant since it’s literally salting up that soil. Should I go ahead and acquire the GLN line cal-mag to be on the safe side? Or has anyone had any experience with this scenario?? I’m jus trying to think ahead but at the same time I am really trying to keep things as simple as possible, thanks in advance
I would first run with the RO and just the MC and see what happens. Many of the folks running hydro type systems (your coco qualifies) have found that they do need to supplement magnesium and they are mostly using an outside product that doesn't include extra nitrogen. The GLN version of calmag seems to be very dangerous, as it was made for an earlier version of the MC, before they added in a lot more calcium and magnesium into the base mix, and I would NOT recommend its use.
I would try just the base MC and if you see deficiencies, try upping the dosage, BEFORE thinking about adding anything extra. I would recommend reading through the MegaCrop thread to see what the others are doing, wade through the arguments and decide for yourself what path you are going to try. The whole idea behind MC was to make things simple... and I didn't get in any trouble in this grow until I started giving extra supplements. Be careful, and be very reluctant to add anything else, without a really good reason for doing so. Be sure when you do that you have exhausted the possibility that you just don't have enough base MC to supply all the needs.

Thanx again for sound advice and that exactly the route I am going, out of both strains I’m testing this MC and my hand at coco loco with ( moon pebbles and Klingon cobbler by PPP)
They’re both responding very well to the MC and the color has even picked up some vigor since last picture posted I do not have readily available RO so I am using tap water that has been aerated with air stone for 24+ hours and I feel that it suffices my need for cal-mag so far=) only time will tell at this point. Sure feels good to be in the forefront of this new science and technology ,it sure can get easy to get discouraged at times so I applaud all you grow heads that put your time and heart into this.To some it might be recreational but to ALOT it really is medicine ❤️

I would first run with the RO and just the MC and see what happens. Many of the folks running hydro type systems (your coco qualifies) have found that they do need to supplement magnesium and they are mostly using an outside product that doesn't include extra nitrogen. The GLN version of calmag seems to be very dangerous, as it was made for an earlier version of the MC, before they added in a lot more calcium and magnesium into the base mix, and I would NOT recommend its use.
I would try just the base MC and if you see deficiencies, try upping the dosage, BEFORE thinking about adding anything extra. I would recommend reading through the MegaCrop thread to see what the others are doing, wade through the arguments and decide for yourself what path you are going to try. The whole idea behind MC was to make things simple... and I didn't get in any trouble in this grow until I started giving extra supplements. Be careful, and be very reluctant to add anything else, without a really good reason for doing so. Be sure when you do that you have exhausted the possibility that you just don't have enough base MC to supply all the needs.

Mid-Flower, Day 16
Today, being an even numbered day, it is watering day, and not so surprisingly anymore, they each were able once again to take their entire gallon of 6g/g MC only mix, that before stretch they could only accomplish every 3 days. These plants are suddenly using an extraordinary amount of water and I am willing to keep pushing them just as hard as they want to go.
In just two days, look at how much more my prized soon to be foot long bud is filling in:

DSCF7771.JPG

As far as the previous difficulties with locked out K, there are hardly any signs of this able to be seen. Even leaves previously damaged and looking sickly, are now robust, showing good lift and contributing to the overall greatness of the plant.

DSCF7773.JPG

The entire lower part of the plant is looking great too. There are no leaves yellowing at the bottom, and no mysterious spots or burns. These are happy plants, working hard to churn out some amazing buds.

DSCF7772.JPG

Here is the view from the top this morning. The buds are really blossoming now, each top a fuzzy mass of pistils looking for pollen, but destined to be disappointed on this run.

DSCF7770.JPG

And then lastly, a couple of buds. That definitely is frost beginning to form on these buds, all over the tent. Two weeks into bloom and already seeing trichomes. This is going to be awesome.

DSCF7767.JPG
DSCF7768.JPG

Mid-Flower, Day 17
Everything continues to build... this is amazing. Today just some more pictures to tell the story while I try to figure out what setting got changed on my camera when the batteries were left out of it for a few days. Next watering I will be bringing back the Sweet Candy to the mix. I am still holding off on the BE, at least honoring the rule of three, but by the start of week 4 I will very tempted to bring it back in too.

Here I have centered in on Marci so you can see how well the plants are naturally spreading themselves out at the top in these tomato cages. This has turned out to be a wonderful way to grow this plant.
DSCF7777.JPG

You can see here how by standing on a box, Piza has managed to achieve canopy height. She is in the back right at the moment. Bertha and Marci are the two show offs, sporting 1 very tall bud each.
DSCF7774.JPG

And then the buds... I just love watching the buds fill in along the branches.
DSCF7789.JPG
DSCF7788.JPG
DSCF7787.JPG
DSCF7786.JPG
DSCF7785.JPG

Mid-Flower, Day 17
Everything continues to build... this is amazing. Today just some more pictures to tell the story while I try to figure out what setting got changed on my camera when the batteries were left out of it for a few days. Next watering I will be bringing back the Sweet Candy to the mix. I am still holding off on the BE, at least honoring the rule of three, but by the start of week 4 I will very tempted to bring it back in too.

Here I have centered in on Marci so you can see how well the plants are naturally spreading themselves out at the top in these tomato cages. This has turned out to be a wonderful way to grow this plant.
DSCF7777.JPG

You can see here how by standing on a box, Piza has managed to achieve canopy height. She is in the back right at the moment. Bertha and Marci are the two show offs, sporting 1 very tall bud each.
DSCF7774.JPG

And then the buds... I just love watching the buds fill in along the branches.
DSCF7789.JPG
DSCF7788.JPG
DSCF7787.JPG
DSCF7786.JPG
DSCF7785.JPG

I really like watching how the budlets join together to make those giant colas!

So many good things happening in your garden - it's great to be following along - thanks for all your hard work here!

Mid-Flower, Day 18

Today being an even numbered day, it is watering day, and the plants once again were able to take their full gallon apiece of 6g/g MC, plus 1g/g Sweet Candy. The buds are still building fast, working on hopefully being one of my best harvests in several years.
DSCF7797.JPG
DSCF7796.JPG

Today we did some engineering in the tent, and with the help of @SgtKiLLx we have solved the problem of negative pressure causing the tent to bow in onto the plants. Thanks to his skills and his 3D Printer, I now own 8 of these corner pieces.
DSCF7798.JPG

They fit so perfectly onto the tent corner poles that they snap into place and need nothing else to hold them there. The larger slots for 3/4" PVC are just as accurately made, and the PVC snaps down into the groove and is solidly in place. I have found that the left side of the tent, where the carbon filter and electric reside, really didn't need this extra brace, but when I get my 4x4 tent going again, that 4th side will definitely be braced up.
DSCF7792.JPG
DSCF7793.JPG
DSCF7794.JPG

The garden cam confirms that the tent is no longer crowding the plants when the extraction fan is on and the addition of these braces has effectively increased the functional grow area of this tent.
2CAA8E7CDC94_1579361987621.png

Lastly, one of our superbuds, as we watch it fill in along the branch
DSCF7797.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF7795.JPG
    DSCF7795.JPG
    835.9 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCF7791.JPG
    DSCF7791.JPG
    645.9 KB · Views: 115
Mid-Flower, Day 18

Today being an even numbered day, it is watering day, and the plants once again were able to take their full gallon apiece of 6g/g MC, plus 1g/g Sweet Candy. The buds are still building fast, working on hopefully being one of my best harvests in several years.
DSCF7797.JPG
DSCF7796.JPG

Today we did some engineering in the tent, and with the help of @SgtKiLLx we have solved the problem of negative pressure causing the tent to bow in onto the plants. Thanks to his skills and his 3D Printer, I now own 8 of these corner pieces.
DSCF7798.JPG

They fit so perfectly onto the tent corner poles that they snap into place and need nothing else to hold them there. The larger slots for 3/4" PVC are just as accurately made, and the PVC snaps down into the groove and is solidly in place. I have found that the left side of the tent, where the carbon filter and electric reside, really didn't need this extra brace, but when I get my 4x4 tent going again, that 4th side will definitely be braced up.
DSCF7792.JPG
DSCF7793.JPG
DSCF7794.JPG

The garden cam confirms that the tent is no longer crowding the plants when the extraction fan is on and the addition of these braces has effectively increased the functional grow area of this tent.
2CAA8E7CDC94_1579361987621.png

Lastly, one of our superbuds, as we watch it fill in along the branch
DSCF7797.JPG
Oooh fuuckya. They work. !!

Wow that's a sweet idea brought to reality! @SgtKiLLx did quite a brainstorm for us! Thankx Sarg!
Eyy anytime, anytime at all. Apparently this is a very common issue. Glad I could be part of the solution. Additive Manufacturing is really to be thanked.

(P.s. I'll be taking orders for anyone else that may want some)

Mid-Flower, Day 19

Upon opening the tent this morning, there was a difference. No one had been slammed against the sides of the tent for the last 24 hours because of the tent bowing in, so everyone was standing a little bit taller.... with a little bit less stress. It is totally subjective, but I think they are happier.
DSCF7812.JPG

The buds are very much advanced from where I would expect them to be at day 19. Trichomes are already building on the buds, deep down into the canopy. By the time we get to harvest, these buds are going to be a sticky mess of trichomes. Click on these pictures and zoom in on these buds:
DSCF7814.JPG
DSCF7813.JPG

The Sweet Candy was tolerated without a complaint, and maybe this too has contributed to their overall happiness and building trichomes. In 2 days we will be at the 3 week mark, starting on the 4th week of bloom, and BE will be reintroduced. I ordered my next bag of MegaCrop, and it does appear to me that they have partially ground up the balls in this batch... there are not nearly as many of them. I have a plastic jug that some dog treats come in that holds around a gallon of stuff, and it has been repurposed to keep my MC better contained and moisture free. Having committed to 750g of this stuff, it should be assumed that I will be running MegaCrop in my next grow that will probably start around April. We are house hunting in earnest now, and hopefully will be able to start the next grow (Durban Poison) in a new house and under our new NextLight Mega lighting.

Lastly, here is a picture of Emmie's soon to be private stash as it builds:
DSCF7811.JPG

All I'm using is Mega Crop, CALiMAGic, and pH up. I need a little extra calmag as I use water from an RO, grow in coco/perlite under LEDs. I didn't add the CALiMAGic until my plants showed signs of a deficiency, and then the bare minimum of 1ml per 10 to 15gm of Mega Crop. It sure beats the 12 bottles I used with General Hydroponics' Flora Trio.
Exactly what im using, seems to be working great.

Back
Top Bottom