Exceptionally High Feco Yeilds: Straw Hat Notes

I'm one of your first drought adopters and I'll not go back. Been from the beginning now and I don't miss doing it willingly! Drought is the way to do things here now.

Hang in Brother!
Truth be told, if not for you I thought everyone took me as a fool. Especially the more knowledgeable gardeners and such. Nobody was outright mean, but I just felt like nobody was believing what I was up to. You pumped me up and kept me tinkering.

Thanks bro :hookah:

Ahoy @dynamo1
I wanted to say hi after seeing you doing some reading, but that thread was closed. This is home for now. LOL

I have to admit, I'm now in the drought club. The Somango that I grew (and droughted), is by far the most dense, trichome laden buds that I've seen/felt. I'll not do another grow without droughting my medicine again. You've changed how I grow my medicine @Maritimer, which improves my pain management. The words "thank you" are not enough.

Here's a good article on willow tea/extract and rooting:

Thanks Phyto,
Remember the butter commercial on tv?
That fellow better be careful. It's not nice to piss off Mother Nature. (Storm with lightning strikes flashing)
The mellow willow is still my go to girl.
Are you a brass crafter?

I have to admit, I'm now in the drought club. The Somango that I grew (and droughted), is by far the most dense, trichome laden buds that I've seen/felt. I'll not do another grow without droughting my medicine again. You've changed how I grow my medicine @Maritimer, which improves my pain management. The words "thank you" are not enough.
What you just told me was the best thanks i could get. :love:
Shit howdy, Im firing up the rig. :hookah:

Ahoy @StoneOtter,
About this Otters Dream Strain Sir.
I have never tended to a "CBD" cultivar before and have some questions for the breeder.
Why are the cola's getting so large?
Why does the smell make me think of a fruit stand?
Why does it look to be perhaps another 11 weeks of flower kind of Stankberry?

In all seriousness, the way I hear it the CBD will counter effect the THC. Is that correct? Why on earth would we make this a Hybrid? Say the smoke sits around 20% THC then we breed in a 7% CBD. Dont we end up with a 13%THC smoke with no CBD to speak of? Wouldn't pure CBD smoke for pain work best alone? I bet I am not the only person wanting the answers. Please fill me in as much as you can and yes I must buzz @InTheShed and the crew.

BTW The two Otters Dream that I am running need to be photographed so you can really be proud. Wow are they pretty. I let Tennessee smell my fingers after a bit of strategic manicuring and he liked it. I will post up some in the morning.

I'll give this a shot!
In all seriousness, the way I hear it the CBD will counter effect the THC. Is that correct?
Yes, it blocks the uptake of THC into receptors, as will smelling or eating raw peppercorns.
Why on earth would we make this a Hybrid?
Some folks like the mellower stone of a THC/CBD blend. That said, the percentages of THC and CBD in hybrids can be all over the board from pheno to pheno, so if you are using CBD medicinally, it's best to grow a CBD only variety and blend it to "taste" with a THC variety.
Say the smoke sits around 20% THC then we breed in a 7% CBD. Dont we end up with a 13%THC smoke with no CBD to speak of?
Smoking a pure CBD variety has its own effect on the body, so combining it with THC doesn't only moderate the THC's effect.
Wouldn't pure CBD smoke for pain work best alone?
Every person's ECS is different, so what works for one person might not work for another. Also, I haven't heard that smoking a CBD variety will alleviate pain the way smoking/eating a THC variety will. CBD seems to have more of an anti-anxiety effect when inhaled. When taken sublingually it can help with pain, but from hearing from folks who use it that way it works best 1:1 with THC.

Why are the cola's getting so large?
Must be the awesome gardener! :ciao:
Why does the smell make me think of a fruit stand?
Well there's blueberry in both parents I'm almost sure. That can swing the smell to the sweet side I bet. Weed is so incredibly diverse smelling!

I don't fully understand why this combination of weeds works for us. I can say that if I run out of pre ground stankberry one evening and my lady needs something for pain, she'll ask for this one for the purpose of pain relief out of a field of 6 or 8 others.

I had a mostly cbd plant(cannatonic) going to do some experimenting with but it just hermied and I had to kill it. Too bad, I was looking forward to doing what Shed mentioned with it.
Why on earth would we make this a Hybrid?
Early in the day sometimes we don't want to get too stoned if we don't have to for pain mitigation. As much as I love to get high I like sober time too. Using it for medicine there's a thin line drawn.

The one I grew looked very much like the blue dream cbd plant the seeds came from. Let's see yours!
I'll give this a shot!

Yes, it blocks the uptake of THC into receptors, as will smelling or eating raw peppercorns.

Some folks like the mellower stone of a THC/CBD blend. That said, the percentages of THC and CBD in hybrids can be all over the board from pheno to pheno, so if you are using CBD medicinally, it's best to grow a CBD only variety and blend it to "taste" with a THC variety.

Smoking a pure CBD variety has its own effect on the body, so combining it with THC doesn't only moderate the THC's effect.

Every person's ECS is different, so what works for one person might not work for another. Also, I haven't heard that smoking a CBD variety will alleviate pain the way smoking/eating a THC variety will. CBD seems to have more of an anti-anxiety effect when inhaled. When taken sublingually it can help with pain, but from hearing from folks who use it that way it works best 1:1 with THC.
Thank you! I couldn't have said that better!

Back
Top Bottom