First Grow In 10 Years: DWC Bagseed, Sherbert

Frostyyyyyy. Looking good man! How much longer do you think she has to finish?

Thanks!:high-five:
To be honest i’m not entirely sure how much longer she has. A scope should be here Thursday so we’ll see. If it is what we think it is, sunset sherbet, then it should be around 9-10 weeks.

Nothing new to report from the tent. More red hairs, more white hairs, more crystals, more smells, so on and so on.

Finally got around to transplanting the clones into soil. Just some foxfarms OF we had laying around. As mentioned before, these are some ugly little clones but the roots really took off.
C12206D1-830B-45D2-87C1-6E4E2A53B39E.jpeg
30BC67E9-F11E-4A50-B286-12A9955EDF88.jpeg
71232C57-133D-401E-A6B2-61326A02F84B.jpeg
0162C8C1-E813-4FBC-ACE8-0ECF673DD342.jpeg
536A9445-4762-4B29-9C51-5A66E9C11B7D.jpeg

How much $$$ Michael ?
I have a jewelers loupe but hard to take a good photo with it.
I suspect our last couple weeks will take for ever.

it’s always those last little bits that draaaaag out. We are so close! Glad to hear you got your temps under control btw! :high-five:

picked this scope up from a certain rainforest in Brazil for about $35 i believe.

Welcome back @The Phantom :passitleft:
I think the site did an update or something not long ago. Have had similar issues as well.

You are correct. It has a very sweet sugary smell and i would imagine a wonderful taste out of a vape cart. And definitely a decent body buzz to veg out on.

All the larfy buds are going to get cooked with or turned into vape carts. Probably about 50/50 to each.

I like the sound of that.

Thanks, It should be interesting. Ive made a lot of shatter in the past so that’s probably where we’ll start. Haven't ironed out the details yet though.

I don't look forward to the day this winter I buy the closed loop butane system and vacuum oven I'm set on getting. That being said with the amount and frequency I will be making oil for myself, spending a big chunk of change on that setup vs try to open blast it is the only option for me I feel safe with. Now for an occasional run of shatter, opening blasting outside is not an issue for me. I plan on turning everything into oil minus a few prized buds I will actually trim and cure. The rest will be fresh frozen and blasted the next day, my get out of trim jail free card I suppose you could say.

@The Phantom Gotta have something to dream towards right? Man those closed loop systems are expensive. If we had the space to “get on your level” as the kids say :laugh: I’d seriously consider one. Maybe one day:bongrip:

Cool shots! I would say at the least 2 weeks. If mostly cloudy they are at the point you could take them if you had to but will only get better and hopefully add on more weight over the next few weeks. Personally, I like to see a quite a bit of amber and very little growth/white pistils when I harvest.

Cool shots! I would say at the least 2 weeks. If mostly cloudy they are at the point you could take them if you had to but will only get better and hopefully add on more weight over the next few weeks. Personally, I like to see a quite a bit of amber and very little growth/white pistils when I harvest.

Thanks for the insight man :high-five: I've read a few of the harvest threads but it's also nice to hear directly from someone with experience. A little over 2 weeks puts us right at 9 weeks so that sounds about right. We're halfway through week 7 right now. Was thinking about chopping her down at about 15-20% amber.

Thanks for the insight man :high-five: I've read a few of the harvest threads but it's also nice to hear directly from someone with experience. A little over 2 weeks puts us right at 9 weeks so that sounds about right. We're halfway through week 7 right now. Was thinking about chopping her down at about 15-20% amber.
You are about 2 weeks ahead of me Michael.
I have a couple plants of 3 varieties.
I plan on harvesting one of each at the first sign of amber and then letting the others go longer.
Popular opinion seems to be with the 15/20% amber.
I want to see if a week or two really makes a difference in the type of buzz , taste , etc.

You are about 2 weeks ahead of me Michael.
I have a couple plants of 3 varieties.
I plan on harvesting one of each at the first sign of amber and then letting the others go longer.
Popular opinion seems to be with the 15/20% amber.
I want to see if a week or two really makes a difference in the type of buzz , taste , etc.
We are definitely close in plant age :passitleft:
cant wait to see how that turns out. If we had the space to dry and keep this one going we’d harvest in stages. But due to space it’s all gotta go at once.

probably twice as heavy as the filter it is replacing. A true pain in the ass to change out in the tent, with the plant in place, light running, and 10 freshly hung yo-yo’s scattered around.
:straightface: :straightface: (<—— not :laugh:ing)
Good on you getting it done.

Plants look great! Going well. Their last head of steam should see them pack a little more weight for you.

Harvest timing is a matter of preference. When a trichome head is full and swollen with milky resin that is when it has maximum THC. I know THC isn’t the only cannabinoid of interest, but if you’re using the trichs to judge overall ripeness the peak is before the colour change to amber.
The amber is the colour of THC having degraded already to CBN. As your flowers dry some CBN naturally develops anyway, so - somewhere in there - is going to be your preferred balance point.
Personally, running clones I find I can hit the sweet spot for a harvest after a couple of goes.
It seems a shame to me to give a garden months of love, expense and anxiety only to let it go past its optimum.
I was going to suggest a staggered harvest, but since I’ve been typing
we’d harvest in stages. But due to space it’s all gotta go at once.
You’ve answered that. Sometimes it isn’t even the garden or the gardener that dictates when a harvest has to happen.
We roll with it.

Nice work :peace: :yummy::smokin:

A little photo update from last night. Got stoned with the misses and completely forgot to upload the pictures i had taken. Taken with a Nikkon D3500 and a Polarizer lens to cut down some of the awful glare from the light.
DSC_0018.JPG
DSC_0020.JPG
DSC_0019.JPG
DSC_0021.JPG

These 3 are my favorites

DSC_0024.JPG
DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0026.JPG

Hiding in the back
DSC_0027.JPG
DSC_0030.JPG
DSC_0029.JPG
I was just driving by and saw DWC... thought I'd pop in. Your plant looks killer. Nice job!

You could do a slow dry in your refrigerator for the early buds while the rest finishes out.

Back
Top Bottom