First Grow In 10 Years: DWC Bagseed, Sherbert

:straightface: :straightface: (<—— not :laugh:ing)
Good on you getting it done.

Plants look great! Going well. Their last head of steam should see them pack a little more weight for you.

Harvest timing is a matter of preference. When a trichome head is full and swollen with milky resin that is when it has maximum THC. I know THC isn’t the only cannabinoid of interest, but if you’re using the trichs to judge overall ripeness the peak is before the colour change to amber.
The amber is the colour of THC having degraded already to CBN. As your flowers dry some CBN naturally develops anyway, so - somewhere in there - is going to be your preferred balance point.
Personally, running clones I find I can hit the sweet spot for a harvest after a couple of goes.
It seems a shame to me to give a garden months of love, expense and anxiety only to let it go past its optimum.
I was going to suggest a staggered harvest, but since I’ve been typing

You’ve answered that. Sometimes it isn’t even the garden or the gardener that dictates when a harvest has to happen.
We roll with it.

Nice work :peace: :yummy::smokin:

Thank you for the insight Donkey. We've learned so much from your posts over the past few months it is truly appreciated :high-five:

I was just driving by and saw DWC... thought I'd pop in. Your plant looks killer. Nice job!

Thanks @Stltoed I've been silently following along your Wembley thread for months now. Impressive plants man. Planning on using Silica in our next grow from what has been learned from you. Thanks for stopping by :passitleft:

You could do a slow dry in your refrigerator for the early buds while the rest finishes out.

Thanks Phantom! I always imagined people hanging buds in their refrigerators with all the shelves removed and just taking the sacrifice of not having any food in the house :laugh: I guess it's time to roll a doob, sit on the edge of that pool and just fall in :lot-o-toke:

Thank you for the insight Donkey. We've learned so much from your posts over the past few months it is truly appreciated :high-five:

Thanks @Stltoed I've been silently following along your Wembley thread for months now. Impressive plants man. Planning on using Silica in our next grow from what has been learned from you. Thanks for stopping by :passitleft:

Thanks Phantom! I always imagined people hanging buds in their refrigerators with all the shelves removed and just taking the sacrifice of not having any food in the house :laugh: I guess it's time to roll a doob, sit on the edge of that pool and just fall in :lot-o-toke:
Sneaky!! Well, thank you very much! My latest group has been fun. I pulled the soil plant today. It did ok. That Wembley puts out some quality bud.

I dig hydro, you have a solid group here, but if you'd like a second opinion let me know.

Sneaky!! Well, thank you very much! My latest group has been fun. I pulled the soil plant today. It did ok. That Wembley puts out some quality bud.

I dig hydro, you have a solid group here, but if you'd like a second opinion let me know.

:laugh: I tend to lurk in the shadows of intimidating plants. You have a good group of folks over there. The banter help get me through slow days at work :popcorn: Those monster plants are a bonus!

I dig hydro as well. It just makes sense, if that makes any sense :lot-o-toke:
Feel free to chime in at any time over here man, all opinions are always welcome.

:laugh: I tend to lurk in the shadows of intimidating plants. You have a good group of folks over there. The banter help get me through slow days at work :popcorn: Those monster plants are a bonus!

I dig hydro as well. It just makes sense, if that makes any sense :lot-o-toke:
Feel free to chime in at any time over here man, all opinions are always welcome.
I like your style. The lurker. Sounds like a vampire flick.

My thing is big plants. Wembley is an 80/20 indica, but the stretch caught me by surprise. I have branches that are over 60 inches long. Now the plants are 3 weeks past the due date. Man i hate waiting, and one plant is still putting out white pistils.
I'm polishing my chimes as I write this

I like your style. The lurker. Sounds like a vampire flick.

My thing is big plants. Wembley is an 80/20 indica, but the stretch caught me by surprise. I have branches that are over 60 inches long. Now the plants are 3 weeks past the due date. Man i hate waiting, and one plant is still putting out white pistils.
I'm polishing my chimes as I write this

Oh man i could ramble on for an hour with how that vampire flick would go. Giant buds, foaming reservoirs, roots piled on roots piled on roots in the cellar. Fan leaves and dead clones angrily stapled to the walls and giant buds hanging from the ceiling :laugh:

I'm an impatient man myself so i can feel your pain. Couldn't imagine waiting 3 extra weeks.

Oh man i could ramble on for an hour with how that vampire flick would go. Giant buds, foaming reservoirs, roots piled on roots piled on roots in the cellar. Fan leaves and dead clones angrily stapled to the walls and giant buds hanging from the ceiling :laugh:

I'm an impatient man myself so i can feel your pain. Couldn't imagine waiting 3 extra weeks.
I got a chill!! Dude you're a artist I was there!

Yeah. It sucks, but its like bitching about the color of your Lamborghini.

I got a chill!! Dude you're a artist I was there!

Yeah. It sucks, but its like bitching about the color of your Lamborghini.

thank you sir :ganjamon:

haha never thought of it that way. Faster damnit faster!

finishing out week 7 strong with some new pistil growth. Changed the tank Friday night due to some acid rain. Getting changed again tomorrow for the start of week 8.

spent an hour or so last night hanging another 15 homemade yoyo type hooks using some 80lb braided fishing line and steel wire. It is a spider web of strings and hooks in there now.
AA53AD78-EEE9-4E96-ADF6-1900F9E89E07.jpeg
714D0DD0-0BDA-40F6-ABF3-00071F5C1427.jpeg
3346BE03-A7A0-4FE4-B440-BD310C5BA535.jpeg
894DA57A-5873-4A96-83B3-E107B62AC1C8.jpeg

also picked up some trimming scissors and a pack of hygrometers for the curing jars.
3B24F82B-D287-4C46-A5AC-A6C0535AE553.jpeg

and finally some glamour shots with one right after lights out.
A8EDF8D9-7650-4C00-B50B-4F9A94C1FB53.jpeg
6F9CED73-2D6B-40E2-A575-902A1C50C251.jpeg
EFEAAB29-81DB-4C27-827B-A1E32A8528C1.jpeg
45BCF6F5-7C4F-4D03-9DE0-2A2E535D9556.jpeg

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! :ganjamon:

:straightface: :straightface: (<—— not :laugh:ing)
Good on you getting it done.

Plants look great! Going well. Their last head of steam should see them pack a little more weight for you.

Harvest timing is a matter of preference. When a trichome head is full and swollen with milky resin that is when it has maximum THC. I know THC isn’t the only cannabinoid of interest, but if you’re using the trichs to judge overall ripeness the peak is before the colour change to amber.
The amber is the colour of THC having degraded already to CBN. As your flowers dry some CBN naturally develops anyway, so - somewhere in there - is going to be your preferred balance point.
Personally, running clones I find I can hit the sweet spot for a harvest after a couple of goes.
It seems a shame to me to give a garden months of love, expense and anxiety only to let it go past its optimum.
I was going to suggest a staggered harvest, but since I’ve been typing

You’ve answered that. Sometimes it isn’t even the garden or the gardener that dictates when a harvest has to happen.
We roll with it.

Nice work :peace: :yummy::smokin:
I recently acquired The Cannabis Encyclopedia. Jorge Cervantes.
This guy has been growing for decades .
See what he has to say about when to harvest......well he is quoting
Mel Frank . Another weed guru .
Notice what they say about peak potency.
Seperating reality from broscience
AACCD520-834A-446F-B8C8-161E953F1585.png

Attachments

• D30BFF3F-0ACA-4C7E-A9AC-FF19CFD70817.png
    D30BFF3F-0ACA-4C7E-A9AC-FF19CFD70817.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 30
  • 4897F754-AD9B-44C8-84CC-00F74E8F3922.png
    4897F754-AD9B-44C8-84CC-00F74E8F3922.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 29
  • 4FBA08D1-5F8C-4F5D-AE23-3740C012B7FB.png
    4FBA08D1-5F8C-4F5D-AE23-3740C012B7FB.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 31
  • AF9D8CD2-2438-47C1-84B7-EE80B91D2E96.png
    AF9D8CD2-2438-47C1-84B7-EE80B91D2E96.png
    3 MB · Views: 34
  • 8B4D82D4-F24F-47EB-A721-F4B7B878C1A6.png
    8B4D82D4-F24F-47EB-A721-F4B7B878C1A6.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 39
finishing out week 7 strong with some new pistil growth. Changed the tank Friday night due to some acid rain. Getting changed again tomorrow for the start of week 8.

spent an hour or so last night hanging another 15 homemade yoyo type hooks using some 80lb braided fishing line and steel wire. It is a spider web of strings and hooks in there now.
AA53AD78-EEE9-4E96-ADF6-1900F9E89E07.jpeg
714D0DD0-0BDA-40F6-ABF3-00071F5C1427.jpeg
3346BE03-A7A0-4FE4-B440-BD310C5BA535.jpeg
894DA57A-5873-4A96-83B3-E107B62AC1C8.jpeg

also picked up some trimming scissors and a pack of hygrometers for the curing jars.
3B24F82B-D287-4C46-A5AC-A6C0535AE553.jpeg

and finally some glamour shots with one right after lights out.
A8EDF8D9-7650-4C00-B50B-4F9A94C1FB53.jpeg
6F9CED73-2D6B-40E2-A575-902A1C50C251.jpeg
EFEAAB29-81DB-4C27-827B-A1E32A8528C1.jpeg
45BCF6F5-7C4F-4D03-9DE0-2A2E535D9556.jpeg

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! :ganjamon:
Looks killer. I like the faux yos!

I recently acquired The Cannabis Encyclopedia. Jorge Cervantes.
This guy has been growing for decades .
See what he has to say about when to harvest......well he is quoting
Mel Frank . Another weed guru .
Notice what they say about peak potency.
Seperating reality from broscience

Thanks for the read! Been reading about ripening and harvest windows everywhere i can. So it is much appreciated. :passitleft:

Looks killer. I like the faux yos!

Thanks man :high-five: I'm an impatient bas***d and don't like ordering things online unless there is no other option. Our local hydro shop ran out of yoyo's last week and were supposed to be in on Friday but never arrived. Used an overhand knot with the tag end wrapped over the tent pole and fed through the knot before pulling it tight. The texture to the heavy braid keeps the not from slipping easily, but allows some give in case something gets pulled. Another overhand knot at the end of the tag line keeps it from slipping through the first completely in the event it gets yanked.

Thanks for the read! Been reading about ripening and harvest windows everywhere i can. So it is much appreciated. :passitleft:

Thanks man :high-five: I'm an impatient bas***d and don't like ordering things online unless there is no other option. Our local hydro shop ran out of yoyo's last week and were supposed to be in on Friday but never arrived. Used an overhand knot with the tag end wrapped over the tent pole and fed through the knot before pulling it tight. The texture to the heavy braid keeps the not from slipping easily, but allows some give in case something gets pulled. Another overhand knot at the end of the tag line keeps it from slipping through the first completely in the event it gets yanked.
Mcguyver that sh*t. Nice!

I'm super impatient myself. I have a couple plants that are 3 weeks late, one has no dried pistils yet WTF? Im gonna go all shower scene from psycho in any second. Nice job on the marionettes.

Mcguyver that sh*t. Nice!

I'm super impatient myself. I have a couple plants that are 3 weeks late, one has no dried pistils yet WTF? Im gonna go all shower scene from psycho in any second. Nice job on the marionettes.

If there is a will, there is always a way!

Man 3 weeks late would drive us nuts. Is it still growing at least?

If there is a will, there is always a way!

Man 3 weeks late would drive us nuts. Is it still growing at least?
There are still new trichomes coming up, but it happens. The one im pulling tomorrow is done, not much more can be expected from it. The last plant isn't a monster, but it has a good size bud. i want to how big it will get. I moved my CMH closer to it. The bud to the right is what im talking about.

Pulled a really weak larfy branch last night to throw in the dehydrator for a little sample. 3 hours later and we were soaring through the night sky. The taste was obviously off because of the flash drying but the potency was definitely there. Even on this little light green top that i suspect has never seen a photon of direct light.

Stupidly didnt take any photos of the branch or buds that came off it. Maybe 2 grams of larf tops. But did grab a shot of the scissors after chopping up about half of it. Sticky as can be and incredibly sweet smelling.
2ED4C38A-F9F5-4EC2-987B-9982D669E351.jpeg

There are still new trichomes coming up, but it happens. The one im pulling tomorrow is done, not much more can be expected from it. The last plant isn't a monster, but it has a good size bud. i want to how big it will get. I moved my CMH closer to it. The bud to the right is what im talking about.

Those plants are just crazy. So this leaves you with how many left in there? Just the one straggler who wont finish?

Isnt it just awesome? Even after many many grows I still get the same feeling and excitement with this hobby. Its so fun and rewarding. Looks sticky, green! Perfect.

It really is man. We are so stoked to have a bundle of buds that we grew ourselves. Thanks for the kind words and all your help along this winding road.

And a big thank you to everyone else who has offered advice, comments, kind words and even likes. We wouldn't have made it this far without you all!:thanks:

Pulled a really weak larfy branch last night to throw in the dehydrator for a little sample. 3 hours later and we were soaring through the night sky. The taste was obviously off because of the flash drying but the potency was definitely there. Even on this little light green top that i suspect has never seen a photon of direct light.

Stupidly didnt take any photos of the branch or buds that came off it. Maybe 2 grams of larf tops. But did grab a shot of the scissors after chopping up about half of it. Sticky as can be and incredibly sweet smelling.
2ED4C38A-F9F5-4EC2-987B-9982D669E351.jpeg
I love a good test drive

Back
Top Bottom