First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

I had not but that is an awesome post i might not flush now and see how it turns out but living in washington the last couple years now relocated to oregon makes me wary of not flushing but that comes from rec legal weed that tastes like chemicals now that could be that they sprayed with some bs during flower or something idk but im not going to flush and just keep my three day schedule after reading that

I had not but that is an awesome post i might not flush now and see how it turns out but living in washington the last couple years now relocated to oregon makes me wary of not flushing but that comes from rec legal weed that tastes like chemicals now that could be that they sprayed with some bs during flower or something idk but im not going to flush and just keep my three day schedule after reading that

The OP in that thread really believes that curing is the key to getting the bad taste out of buds. I may flush Blueberry 1 a couple of days before harvest and then not flush Blueberry 2 and see if anyone can tell the difference. It's not like I'm using Miracle Grow so the salts can't be that bad!

My Blueberry has the same hairs turning brown. A quick look through the loup on mine and everything is clear. I still think I have about 3/4 weeks.

If you running clear, and or don't plan on flushing, you might consider adding some more phosphate.

Re harvest-I have not read a thread of someone complaining that they harvested too late. (within reason). I think with autos we can let em go as long as they can.

I personally don't plan on a formal flush. In soil, I can't see how a flush done 2 weeks before harvest can change flavor by a large amount. With hydro, sure. I just don't see how 10 gallons or so of water in that time period is going to change (chemically) anything.

My HK plant is going to turn out like your blueberry. It's at 40 days now and supposed to be a 70 day plant. Ain't going to be close in both weight/ripeness. In this instance I am going to load up on the phosphate (open sesame) and hopefully the plant will pick up weight significantly before ripening. I think it will.

My Blueberry has the same hairs turning brown. A quick look through the loup on mine and everything is clear. I still think I have about 3/4 weeks.

If you running clear, and or don't plan on flushing, you might consider adding some more phosphate.

Re harvest-I have not read a thread of someone complaining that they harvested too late. (within reason). I think with autos we can let em go as long as they can.

I personally don't plan on a formal flush. In soil, I can't see how a flush done 2 weeks before harvest can change flavor by a large amount. With hydro, sure. I just don't see how 10 gallons or so of water in that time period is going to change (chemically) anything.

My HK plant is going to turn out like your blueberry. It's at 40 days now and supposed to be a 70 day plant. Ain't going to be close in both weight/ripeness. In this instance I am going to load up on the phosphate (open sesame) and hopefully the plant will pick up weight significantly before ripening. I think it will.

I'm giving Blueberry 1 TigerBloom only now (2-8-4) at 1.5tsp/gal and that's all I have on hand for phosphorus. You think I need to go to something as heavy as (5-45-19)?

I'm giving Blueberry 1 TigerBloom only now (2-8-4) at 1.5tsp/gal and that's all I have on hand for phosphorus. You think I need to go to something as heavy as (5-45-19)?

Today I gave each plant 5ml of Big Bloom, 5ml of Grow Big and 7.5ml of TigerBloom + a touch of the 5-45-19 (open sesame) diluted in 1000ml (that is half a gallon). In the past I gave a full dose (.5 of the quarter tsp in the package) of the open sesame in addition to the BB GB TB cocktail. The plants tolerate it fine.

Basically I am giving 1.5tsp to a half gallon + other nutes. I would imagine your well under 300ppm with your mix.

I garden as well, and am a huge fan of phosphate to get decent sized fruit.

No need to go all out and full dose a plant that has not worked up to it...but more phosphate would help.

FWIW...there are cheaper alternatives to phosphate than open sesame.

Today I gave each plant 5ml of Big Bloom, 5ml of Grow Big and 7.5ml of TigerBloom + a touch of the 5-45-19 (open sesame) diluted in 1000ml (that is half a gallon). In the past I gave a full dose (.5 of the quarter tsp in the package) of the open sesame in addition to the BB GB TB cocktail. The plants tolerate it fine.

Basically I am giving 1.5tsp to a half gallon + other nutes. I would imagine your well under 300ppm with your mix.

I garden as well, and am a huge fan of phosphate to get decent sized fruit.

No need to go all out and full dose a plant that has not worked up to it...but more phosphate would help.

FWIW...there are cheaper alternatives to phosphate than open sesame.

I have been very conservative with the nutes, but everywhere I read it says start of with 1/4 to 1/2 the recommended dose when working with autos. I'm close to the lower end of the full dose of the TigerBloom now, but I'll see if I can find some cheap P only and add that when I feed.

Just a quick gloomy Saturday morning update. Doesn't the weather know it's July?

First the AK-47 update. It put on over an inch last night and burned a leaf on a CFL in its enthusiasm. Maybe I can't call it runty any more. You can feel the burn top left:

Day 43:
20170701_093016.jpg

And today's final installment is Blueberry 2. I'm still pulling down the main stem but mostly to keep it out of the way of the secondary ones behind it. I'll be thinning the undergrowth this weekend bc there really is a of shade under there. If the leaves aren't getting sun they're not contributing to photosynthesis, and it will also create more air flow to keep it cooler and dry.

Day 42:
20170701_091455.jpg

20170701_091532.jpg

And check out how much thicker the stem is on this than its untrained sibling!

20170701_091509.jpg

Back
Top Bottom