First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

I was running late for work this morning (yes, working on July 3rd!) but I did get a shot of my first leaf pruning. Most of them are the tucked fan leaves on Blueberry 1 (tho I did end up cutting one branch with tiny buds that I probably would have taken off eventually), and the rest were lower leaves under the LST on Blueberry 2.

20170703_083906.jpg

They all got rinsed, blotted in paper towel, and placed in a zip-lock bag in the freezer.

Not going to do any more until I see if the plants look saddened by the loss.

And another thing, I added more CFLs on Monday night to up my total wattage to 1150 equivalent (6@ 100W EQ 6500K, 4@ 100W EQ 2700K, 2@ 75W EQ 2700K). It's 4 bulbs per plant, half 6500K/half 2700K, ~ 375-400w equivalent each.

It's getting warm and a bit moist in there under the lights at night (no ventilation bc I have to cover the window so the neighbors don't see the bright lights on all night) but everything comes out into the daylight by 8:30am to dry out and soak up the sun (finally!).

And here's a key pruning question I haven't gotten a definitive answer on: do I take off the lower buds on these stems to promote the growth of the big bud at the end? If this were a peach tree the answer would definitely be YES.

20170705_062845.jpg

20170705_062722.jpg

Should I pinch the buds and leave the sugar leaves?

Everyone chime in!

So i wouldnt take those off even though technically they are going to be popcorn they still have decent production i would leave em

Back
Top Bottom