First Time Grower - 3 Auto Strains

About the hash, it's just simple bubble hash. A lot of my friends use butane to extract and I have to say it's delicious, but I just prefer good ol' water to be my solvent. Well technically it's not a solvent because the thc never dissolves, it's more of a carrier.
All you need for this is the bubble bags. They are canvas bags with screens on the bottom, these screens come in different sizes and are made to catch oil and resin while letting water through.
First step is to freeze your trimmings and small popcorn nugs that can't be smoked (those little ones that are not worth drying). I collect all this material from 2-3 plants. They're usually not much, I'd say around a half oz of mixed trim and semi-nugs. I also put ice in between the trim to help freeze faster and get all the nugs solid. I usually leave them overnight and make the hash the day after harvsest. I put all the mixture in a 1 gallon container (my bubble bags are 1 gal bags), add water, then mix, mash, mix, beat on, mix, mash... you get the idea, for about 15 minutes. Since the green matter in bud and trimming is frozen, the trichomes fall off easy and go into the water (they don't dissolve of course, oil + water). After all the mixing I drain my "working bag". Working bag is the bag with the biggest screen that will allow everything to pass except for the actual trim and bud, so you're left with a mixture of oil and water. The water will look dark yellow / golden in color. Then you run this water through your bubble bags which will simply collect the oil on the bottom and let the water drain out. And voila, pure resin extracted with clean water :). Just remember to use water that's at zero degrees and lots of ice to help the trichomes break off. A good way to get water to zero is to just add a lot of ice until no ice melts, ice and water only co-exist at zero degrees. I'd love to answer specific questions about concentrates if you have any. I may not be a grower but I've been making concentrates for a long time :). There's a lot of different ways but water+ice is the safest. Or a silk screen to make compressed "keif" but this is not nearly as potent as proper ice wax.

Fluffy if you decide to get bubble bags for later hash making I'll make you a quick video or picture tutorial to better explain myself :). I forgot to mention I like to use a pvc pipe to mix them instead of wooden spoon. I feel like thc oil will stick on the wood.

Yay! :) Would you show me how please Smokey? :blushsmile:

If you don't want to buy bubble bags, and you have access to purchasing a little bit of dry ice (solid CO2), then there's a very easy $2 method to collect resin :). Dry ice is more popular than you think, there's probably a source close to you.

Ooh! This sounds so exciting Smokey, thank you for the wonderful explanation :circle-of-love:

I would be delighted for any help you can give me as you clearly know what you are doing. I will do some more reading asap on this with the impending final harvest of Round 1.

I like making stuff in the kitchen :) (usually a lot of mess :yahoo:)

how do u do it the dry ice way?

It's very easy. You just need a little bit of dry ice and 1 screen (doesn't have to bubble bag screen), just a small screen to hold back the dry ice and trim. It's so cold that the resin head just freezes and falls off. I will save you from reading 2 paragraphs I can write about it and just go to your tube and look up dry ice hash :). My friend does this all the time, it yields a lot of resin but you have to compress it. Heavy books make a fine compressor :thumb:

Just let me know I'd be more than happy to help!

:rofl::rofl: you should see my kitchen after a hash session
Ooh! This sounds so exciting Smokey, thank you for the wonderful explanation :circle-of-love:

I would be delighted for any help you can give me as you clearly know what you are doing. I will do some more reading asap on this with the impending final harvest of Round 1.

I like making stuff in the kitchen :) (usually a lot of mess :yahoo:)

Wooo! We should have a hash making session, I can see it would be a riot :)

Any threads to recommend I read on this my darling?

Just let me know I'd be more than happy to help!

:rofl::rofl: you should see my kitchen after a hash session

Videos on u tube is your best bet dear fluff :thumb: Reading the procedure makes it sound much more complicated than it really is. It's simple mixing and filtration :).
Wooo! We should have a hash making session, I can see it would be a riot :)

Any threads to recommend I read on this my darling?

On my way there now! Just need to load up my little Magic Flight ... (check out my review ;))

Edit - bugger, damn and blast. Got to try and remember my stupid gmail details before I can see them. Sigh. Not a hope right now! Will look tomorrow.

Damn on the LST! That's an auto?

Basically I wanted know how much bud would be worth the effort. I would think that if I used around 5 grams of bud I would probably get a gram of hash. I'm cool with that! I made some before that had to be compressed. Not sure I f I can get the bags now. I used a material similar to silk screen and had all golden dust. Made for some OK hash but sounds like the bag method is the way to go. II will probably frezze my ground up bud then shake through a screen. I will order those bags after Christmas though.

I would say bubble hash would be somewhat of a hassle for 5 grams at a time spring. That's why I like to save up on trim and popcorn nugs and freeze them till I have enough for a quick batch. Big growers yield a lot of hash, but growers like us with one plant every other week better wait and save up. I was lucky because 4 plants finished within one week :).

Oh! Oh! :yikes:

Is she OK? I did this with a non vital stem, luckily not all the way and I sellotaped her up. It worked :)

I just accidentally supercropped my plant had a mini heart attack when I heard the snap. Went overboard with the LST

I'm thinking I need a hash savings pot as well as a Fluffy Dust savings pot :thumb:

Thanks for the help. I basically saved up my girls trimmings as well. Ill probably add some bud to the trimmings Ill have in a month maybe less.

Back
Top Bottom