First Time Grower - 3 Auto Strains

Fluffy has taken me to the next rep bar before! I give em out all the time. My criteria is different than others. Positive comments or attitude, good advice, opinion, DIY tips, receptive to newbs, and sharing of knowledge work for me.

Right boys, you are going to have to help Fluffy out, OK?

When you do specially special things like reviews please post Fluffy a link, either in your journal or in mine. I don't want to miss anything and I always get too distracted chatting with everyone to venture out far enough to find them on my own.

No way I want to miss things like that written by my extended Fluffy Clan.

:hug:

PS this goes for you all, not just Smokey! ;) :love: :kiss:

I made me a 40-site aerocloner for the next project :) hope it works well !!

IMG_037910.JPG
IMG_038013.JPG

nice!!

This is how I see it Spring, reps to me go for anything that someone does that has a positive effect. Some truly hilarious posts get them, as do informative posts, hugs posts and so on.

So your criteria aren't different to others my dear, I'm the same ;) (poor you! :yikes:)

But I do like spoiling my special friends extra big hooooge amounts with reps cos you look after me and make me smile. That gets big twinkly stars next to your name from me.

:circle-of-love:

Fluffy has taken me to the next rep bar before! I give em out all the time. My criteria is different than others. Positive comments or attitude, good advice, opinion, DIY tips, receptive to newbs, and sharing of knowledge work for me.

Dearest Smokey,

I know this review of yours was related to the last grow, but I am going to come and boof everything in here out of the way for a moment so that I can really showcase it! (I do that, I'm only little so I have to make sure everyone knows I have arrived :)) I loved every second of reading it, and will go back when I have more time to digest it properly. So many reps are deserved for it my darling, without a doubt :bravo:

You and Spring are going to end up as the go to Auto Kings in DonPaul's Realm, I can see it now!

Keep in mind this summary is completely based on my noob opinion. When I say 10% amber, it means that's what I see as 10% amber soo.. just don't want anybody thinking this is an expert review LOL!

:laugh: This proper made me laugh. If I may, and of course you will get credit for it, I would love to steal this as a disclaimer for my own report! :thumb:

Would that be OK? :blushsmile:

LOL thank you spring, reps in spirit

Awesome. Reps in Spirit, I am going to shamelessley steal this one :)

Diva makes up for the fluffiness with speed, this ones makes up with yield.

I am going to change this in the 420 Community if it kills me. I need to start a thread to stop the use of fluffy in any negative sense. Airiness not fluffiness. Fluffy buds would be wonderful, anything fluffy is. Fluffy is lovely and cuddly and soft and warm and safe. How can that possibly be bad? :love:

:bigblush: Sorry Smokey ... Fluffy desperately needs more Fluffiness in the world ...

**I'm happy I grew this plant. The nugs look like the will provide top shelf meds. I will not grow this again simply because of yield. Mind you a SOG of Auto AK would be a very different thing..

Thank you for this, and for other similar comments. By identifying which type of grow style a plant may be best suited to really helps other growers, new and experienced too I am sure. The fact you have been able to grow these strains and get a good immediate comparison is a great way for others to decide which ones to try :)

I've got some more reading and note taking to do from your review Smokey :geek:

I am so very impressed with your grow and you Smokey. I love your kindness and generosity of spirit, and of course silliness :goof: Fluffy Likes Silliness. You're a true pleasure to know.

:love: and :hug:

Fluffy

P.S. You need to be proud, very proud of how well you write. I want to show case that if you will let me :hug:

So I've been stalking journals left n right on this website and finally decided I should contribute to the wealth of knowledge! at least i hope so lol.. I honestly learned more on this website than anywhere else.. good people, good info, and good vibes everywhere.. So without further adieu, here's what I'm working with:

3 Autoflowering Strains (3 plants total):
AutoBlueberry
Trans Siberian Automatic
La Diva

My setup is a grow tent measuring 2'x4'x5' <-> DxWxH
Medium: Soil FFOF mix, in smart pots (supposed to be good for airing the roots and they're excellent when it comes to drainage).
Nutrients: FF trio, but as I went through many journals on autos, I decided not to start nutrients until the end of week 4.
Ventilation: 450 CFM inline exhaust fan (I know this is too much, but I keep it at 10%-20% power, that way the noise is as low as possible. Fan is connected a big (overkill) carbon air scrubber. My intake is passive vents and has been treating me well so far. Still need to get a small oscillating fan for air circulation on the inside.
Lights: This is funny, the plan was to go with CFL's all the way. How I ended up having numerous CFL's, an HPS (250), and a 300W Led panel, is honestly beyond me lol!! first time excitement? haha.. I'm hoping each type of light will contribute to my final product accordingly. (.. I heard CFL's are good for growth, HPS for dense solid nugs, and LED's for resin (?).. ). Not sure, hoping for the best lol.

Most of the things that I was able to do by myself, I did. I will definitely update with pictures of the setup and the babies (at 9 days old today :D).
My budget was not bad at all, but I had to prioritize spending. So most of my money went into ventilation and lights (the carbon scrubber fits grow rooms 4x the size of mine lol just to be sure). My light spending was mainly on the LED and HPS, as for the CFL's, almost everything is a DIY kinda fixture. I also added a chopped up ebb&flow tray over a DIY wooden stand about 5" above the floor. I added that part so I could water my plants as I wish in the tent, and then they'll just drain onto the tray and down into a container below the tray that's emptied after every watering. (smart pots drain from everywhere)

I almost forgot, one more thing I have in there is an ultrasonic humidifier (sounds fancy but it's just $15), and it's doing a really good job at maintaining a nice and comfy 50%-55%.
My temps are under control at around 78 lights on, and 70 lights off. I had to take the HPS out of the setup for now (not that I need it right now anyway), because I'm waiting on a cool tube I bought online. Even for a small bulb, the HPS surprised me, this thing transforms half of the energy it sucks to heat rather than light lol!

Well, I hope some of you like this little intro, I will update with pictures tonight! (teaser: the plants are doing great! I'm so happy they like their home haha).
Much love to everybody here at 420!

when i talk about incandesents they are hps mh lamps. i use a combo of lighting in my 4 x 4 system.
2 200watt cfl , 3 led , and 2 150watt full spectrum hps. i run my lights on 16.5 hrs but the 150's are only on for 5 hrs during the middle of the day cycle. this is way more useable lighting then the area needs.
when they start to show puberty[or height 18 to 22 inches] i put them in darkness for 72hrs. this method shortens your stretch and your maturity time. then they go to 12/12 and the 150's stay on 5 hrs during the mid day.and the 2 cfl get a bulb change from 6500k to 2700k . i flush the system mega flush it. i use chem vertilizers for veg stage and organics for flowering stage. and last 10 days only water.then 3 days of dark before harvest and ice cool the medium to 60 to 65 dgf for the last 7 days. after the 72 hrs of dark i put the lights on 24 hrs.no watering at all the last 4 days. let them start to dry. then when ready to pic the lights must be off for at least 4 hrs. always harvest during the night cycle a few hrs into it.
i give my whole schedule/system one of theese days. it works for all strains sativas , indicas ,autos ect and and you adjust the system for your strain. but the basics work. you can grow bag seed better then most top shelf out there if you know your stuff. i have grown bag seed mex 5 times better then og kush from the valley. most growers do good and have fun but dont know their own strains full potential. i have helped many growers to get 5 10 and 15 times the bud,the buzz in less time and cheeper then they were doing before. and they are very happy to pay 10% of the crop to me for helping share the secrets.
know your bud . know what you like. diferent stages of maturity give difernt kinds of high including how long your high. there are basics any one can follow. and with a small amout of fine tunning to their strain. yipee candy of the gods shit. i love this site cause most people here are very serious and very fun to watch their progress.and take advice very well. ill post more of my stuff in the future and reply when i can.
have fun :]

That's very interesting gairbud! I'm sure lots and lots of people would love to watch your grow. Please start a journal if you have some free time in your day. People's first hand and honest experience is the best teacher :thumb:
May your buds always be juicy :grinjoint:

Fluffy you make me blush with arrogance when you complement my English. Is that even possible lol? But that's exactly how I feel, blushy and arrogantly proud :bigblush:
I'm really glad my little review could help anybody :) My best advice with autos, however, would be to go with a popular strain rather than venture around and pick randoms like I did.

:rofl::rofl: about fluffiness!! My problem is, all my friends also refer to mid-grade bud as "fluffy". Even my "go-to-man" classifies his product as "good dense" and "med-fluffy" and the prices are very different :). This should explain my direct correlation of fluffiness with a negative connotation. Trust me you're changing that one post at a time :hug::hug: LOL! Your positivity will change years of "bad fluffiness" in no time.

:thanks: :thanks: for all the kind words! I can't wait for your harvest on saturday. I'd like to suggest you take a look at Xlr8's brownie recipe in the "Kitchen" section on this website. I tried it a couple of days ago and I ended up with some very potent brownies :thumb: just make sure you have nothing to do for at least 3 hours of brownie happiness :laughtwo:
Dearest Smokey,

I know this review of yours was related to the last grow, but I am going to come and boof everything in here out of the way for a moment so that I can really showcase it! (I do that, I'm only little so I have to make sure everyone knows I have arrived :)) I loved every second of reading it, and will go back when I have more time to digest it properly. So many reps are deserved for it my darling, without a doubt :bravo:

You and Spring are going to end up as the go to Auto Kings in DonPaul's Realm, I can see it now!

:laugh: This proper made me laugh. If I may, and of course you will get credit for it, I would love to steal this as a disclaimer for my own report! :thumb:

Would that be OK? :blushsmile:

Awesome. Reps in Spirit, I am going to shamelessley steal this one :)

I am going to change this in the 420 Community if it kills me. I need to start a thread to stop the use of fluffy in any negative sense. Airiness not fluffiness. Fluffy buds would be wonderful, anything fluffy is. Fluffy is lovely and cuddly and soft and warm and safe. How can that possibly be bad? :love:

:bigblush: Sorry Smokey ... Fluffy desperately needs more Fluffiness in the world ...

Thank you for this, and for other similar comments. By identifying which type of grow style a plant may be best suited to really helps other growers, new and experienced too I am sure. The fact you have been able to grow these strains and get a good immediate comparison is a great way for others to decide which ones to try :)

I've got some more reading and note taking to do from your review Smokey :geek:

I am so very impressed with your grow and you Smokey. I love your kindness and generosity of spirit, and of course silliness :goof: Fluffy Likes Silliness. You're a true pleasure to know.

:love: and :hug:

Fluffy

P.S. You need to be proud, very proud of how well you write. I want to show case that if you will let me :hug:

so what your sayin is that Fluffy shouldnt go in the water for 3 hours after eating a brownie? :)

Back
Top Bottom