First Time Grower - 3 Auto Strains

the main thing is to have fun and share. i love all smokers. most are really cool. when i have time i will post last years crop stats. and i am always happy to to help others .
heres a few more experiance susgestions
ruderalis and autoflowering:
mostly even highbreds.
are mid quality to good quality.
there are some who are trying to bred the super strains into them.
supper strains ie; above 30% canebs he he he.[all medical strains are about 24% to 26%]
with that said most people have no access to the super strains.
heres a hint.
5% of all pure strains[and some 50/50 hybreds]
can produce a mutant super strain plant.[over 30%]
is you can get regular seed[nonfeminized] of any hybreds or pure strains[hybreds with a 50/50 sativa/indica ratio].
bag seed :) too, you can grow a bunch of plants in a sog[not scrog.] for max # of plants.
do not kill the males [yet] you will want to find the killer male[below].:)
if you have between 50 to 100 plants in your sea of green. you will have 3 to 5 or more super[female] plants in there. they in most cases will grow funny looking[60% OF THE TIME]. most advice out there is to kill them off.[DONT].
NOTE;[DONT WORRY ABOUT THE CROP GETTING SEEDED.]
PAUSE on to the males.
WHEN THEY ARE ABOUT 18 TO 24 INCHES HIGH.usely taller then all the females.
time to pick the best male.
about 2 to 3 hrs before lighting comes on for day cycle
males that have really good potency genetics
when you barely pinch[not hard] the tops they will stink like crazy.
the male that stinks the most[CLONE IT] GET 2 TO 4 CLONES OFF HIM.
when your male clones are rooted good.[in a difernt room.]
kill off all the other males by cutting them at the base. let them die in place.
the male hormones will drive the females crazy as the males die out.[this will prevent hermies from changing into males or producing male flowers.][more on hermies on dif day]
most of the seed will be on the first set of the females flowers they will ripe way before harvest.and wont effect the plants potency when going for seedless buds.male polen dosent live long 3 to 10 days.
PAUSE
BACK TO FINDING THE BEST MOTHER SUPER PLANT.
you want to tag and top every female and dry it very slow and keep it.
your going to need to test the best tops each on a diferent day.[when sober lmao]
same test to find a good female is to pinch before daylight.
smoke the stuff and find which ones are really good.
you should find 2 to 5 tops that are really good stuff. those are where we find the super plants from.
now let the whole crop grow and mature into big buds.
keep them tagged and seperate
when you harvest take only the main tops they will be seedless.
dry and cure the way you like.slow methods work best.dont premanicure like all the idiots.[thats the lazy comercial way] manicure as the leaves dry and take cut only the dry ones off.
a plant continues to grow till the presure is released.[more on that dif day] it will get really sweet and smelly.
take your time.
because you seperated and tagged the supper females. the rest you can share with friends.
when all the buds are nice and dry[stems snap like a tooth pick.] you can fine tune the manicure then]
you should only be smokeing the super stuff the rest is for friends .
when you find your 2 best supers.
kill off all the others by cutting at the base and slowly removing.
regen your 2 best plants and clone the shit out of them.
you want to get them to 18 inches then start flowering period.
PAUSE
your males will be pretty big by now and in latter stages of veg ,lots of flowers forming and starting to form.
keep in veg as long as posible till the females[supers] are 1/2 way thru flowering.
when the females are at that stage put the males in full flowering mode.
when the males have big ass male tops going. trim all the side stuff off and discard.
you want the pollen from the top 10 inches.
mist the male alot the night before all the pollen that droped will stick to leaves[you dont want that]
in the morning cycle when the leaves on the male have dryed.
use black paper
slowly tip then shake the males one at a time onto the black paper.
now carefully polenate the 2 females every part of the plant.
do this 2 to 3 days in a row.
then let the girls grow old till bracts and leaves are full and changing color[really ripe]
you will have a very seeded crop of mostly super plants 90% will be super seeds.
they will be male and female seeds.
if you do this process it can be done about 3 seed crops to find a really super duper plant.[wastse of time for most.]
now sea of green for all your next few harvests of your super crops.
kill males as you see them like before.dont let them flower.
now you have your very own strain of super weed .
and you can find special females you like best for mother plants and cloning.
you will be very impressed with your results. and can now play with cross breeding if ya like.
and seeds store up to 5 yrs or longer if done right.
one key note. freash seeds have 50to70% viability. if ya let the seeds dry out for about 12weeks
90% or greater will grow.in most cases 100%. the genetics of winter sleep has not been bred out of plants. the seed drying increeses how many will grow.

If you want to blush with arrogance, then you blush with arrogance my darling :blushsmile:

I would never have thought English was your second language if you hadn't told me. I am proud of you. I know how difficult it is to move to a totally different country where the language is alien.

My standard of foreign languages is to be able to ask for an ambulance in French :) Could be useful, especially when Fluffy is involved :yikes:

We will work on the Fluffiness being positive when it comes to buds, like you say, one post at a time!

Oooh, I am going to find the brownies....that would be an AWESOME way to spend Saturday, off my trolley before I even start harvesting! :cheer:

Fluffy you make me blush with arrogance when you complement my English. Is that even possible lol? But that's exactly how I feel, blushy and arrogantly proud :bigblush:
I'm really glad my little review could help anybody :) My best advice with autos, however, would be to go with a popular strain rather than venture around and pick randoms like I did.

:rofl::rofl: about fluffiness!! My problem is, all my friends also refer to mid-grade bud as "fluffy". Even my "go-to-man" classifies his product as "good dense" and "med-fluffy" and the prices are very different :). This should explain my direct correlation of fluffiness with a negative connotation. Trust me you're changing that one post at a time :hug::hug: LOL! Your positivity will change years of "bad fluffiness" in no time.

:thanks: :thanks: for all the kind words! I can't wait for your harvest on saturday. I'd like to suggest you take a look at Xlr8's brownie recipe in the "Kitchen" section on this website. I tried it a couple of days ago and I ended up with some very potent brownies :thumb: just make sure you have nothing to do for at least 3 hours of brownie happiness :laughtwo:

Something worth mentioning:
My autos are reacting poorly to GLR. I compared Diva I & II and at 20/4 the plant was much more developed than GLR. So far we're only halfway through but the poor performance is already very obvious. This was expected and every auto advice out there is around 18 to 20 hours of light. Just wanted to confirm.

Interesting. Thank you my darling.

I guess to really get the best out of them the autos need their own light schedule. Worth remembering! I love the fact you can grow them under anything and get good results too.

Autos are just so much fun! :) :goof:

I have been thinking...are you going to start a new journal? I don't think we can say you are a first time grower anymore :adore: :yummy:

I don't do this one as well as you, but I HAVE to put this emoticon in, it always reminds me of you and makes me chuckle :yahoo:

:yahoo: Fluffy! You make me like this emoticon more and more lol :laughtwo: !!

I'm actually not planning to journal my current work because there's too much chaos. I have 3 autos going, regulars vegging, and side projects being "practiced" on. It's too strange and chaotic for journaling lol :). As soon as my autos finish, my regulars will have vegged long enough and I'll start a journal beginning to day 1 flowering :). I love how flexible autos are, that's why I bet I'll always have at least 1 or 2 somewhere in the house :laughtwo:

:yahoo:

I have given both grows 18/6 all the way.

Seems like the best way to go spring. GLR produced stretchy autos with under-developed flowers. Anything will produce, 12/12 will too, but the difference is note worthy. Under 20/4 or 18/6 autos are obviously performing much better. This has been said countless times, I know, we're not breaking auto grounds but it's just worth reconfirming lol :).
That being said, I'm not switching back to 18/6. I will let them ride it out and see what buds come of it :grinjoint:.
My regulars are happy with GLR and that's my main concern. I love autos for the flexibility so they'll take the hit for the team :), go autos, be flexible.. let's see what you can do.

PS: Fluffy grew hers along Ruby so they were all 12/12. She produced some fine bud so I'm not too worried about autos and glr. I don't care much for yield if potency remains decent. The autos are just filling empty spaces so whatever they produce will be a win.

You're actually right, might be a little too chaotic because there's plants in the tent, in the closet, and in the laundry room. It might be fun recording all this activity :laughtwo: I'll see about starting a new thread :) I need to make a little DIY tent'sh for my closet first. I'm thinking a PVC frame and just toss some panda film on it. It's for one plant only so it shouldn't be that tough :).
But chaos is exciting and fun :)

And that is definitely your emoticon in my eyes, always makes chuckle ;)

:bigblush: :thanks:

PS: Fluffy grew hers along Ruby so they were all 12/12. She produced some fine bud so I'm not too worried about autos and glr. I don't care much for yield if potency remains decent. The autos are just filling empty spaces so whatever they produce will be a win.

Yayyy! I'm there! I'm there!

I am literally in the process of doing my opening write up and it is forcing me into doing all the thought organising I have been putting off until now.

Hence it is taking a while :yikes: :laugh:

You're actually right, might be a little too chaotic because there's plants in the tent, in the closet, and in the laundry room. It might be fun recording all this activity :laughtwo: I'll see about starting a new thread :) I need to make a little DIY tent'sh for my closet first. I'm thinking a PVC frame and just toss some panda film on it. It's for one plant only so it shouldn't be that tough :).

OK, weighed in total of 225 grams :yahoo: !!

This is from all 7 autos in a 3x5. Very satisfying first grow :).
If you need details please refer to the summary I posted on my blog. The comments on that post contain the accurate weight corrections.

I noticed some bleaching on the leaves. I raised the LED's further away. Now they're about 1 foot away from the plants.
+ I just put in the HPS (+cool tube). I'm not turning it on for now, the leaves are still a bit sensitive to high intensity lights.
turn on your hps you will be ok light them up thy wont it

image487.jpg

Back
Top Bottom