First Time Grower - 3 Auto Strains

Did you really see good production with autos under glr and then 13/11? It's surprising because one of my strains is from the same seed bag as my previous grow. Same strain, same 2 gal smart pot FFOF, just different light period. I compared my currently 5 week Diva to my last Diva at 5 weeks, and WOW! I freaked out and changed my timers immediately. I'm sure she'll produce with either photoperiod, but a quick comparison showed a larger and (more importantly) denser yield. Just my 2 tokes on the topic :grinjoint:

ISmokes great DIY!! Damn I may have to do that one day. It actually looks a bit stealth if tweaked! Maybe looks like a small hamper! It is mobile also. I really like the way it can be lifted for total acsses. Great job. I'm gonna try the req thing for ya again!

try 3 days of dark when the autos get half full of flower or if ya notice a strech , i always use 3 days of dark to start my flowering stage and my strech is less and they go faster into bud filling out. i still get a strech but not as long or wide. there are a few hybreds out there that require a 3 day dark just to start flowering but that is strain specific as they been hybreded alot. but they are very potant strains and mostly european ones.

can clearly see my setup. 2 led grow panel 45 the new ones. they solved the bleaching issue. 2 200watt cfl. 6500k. and 2 150w high intensity full spectrum. the 150's are only on for the mid day.
also 1 4tube fixture with 6500k t8 for the sides. ill start to flower this grow at 20 to 22 inches as they will strech thru the scrog trelus.

I was looking at your setup gairbud, how do you like those grow panels? Very nice mixture of lights. I'm doing my next grow with strictly hps, then I'm thinking of a much smaller setup for future grows. The smaller setup is just asking for LED's. I was thinking Advanced Led's because they have so many documented grows on here. That's months from now so I have all the time I need to think :).

are they :)? I should definitely check out their journals. My experience with LED's wasn't the best, but they were cheaper led's. I'm hoping Advanced delivers promised results because the reviews are unbelievably good. I'm a little tired with a big setup so a small led grow sounds so tempting lol. I have way too much herb that doesn't really need to be produced, I think I got carried away and forgot that I was only growing for myself :rofl:
If the SOG experiment works out good I will most probably go with a 2x2 SOG from now on. I'm thinking LED's are perfect for a 2x2.

lol, you just enjoy growing like the rest of us no biggie. But yea check out there journals. Jon705 has an awesome one going right now. Its like heaven over there. :)

Ive been learning some great stuff from his and Cultivators journal. I learned today what strains is anti mold resistant :) I didnt even know there was a such thing lo

Heres the link to jon705 journal idk if you already been over there or not but here it is. Just slide down the page that I linked you to and youll see his set up. My First Grow Journal-Holy Grail Kush- Purple Kush 6x12 Scrog 4 x 600W LEDs On Movers

i love growing makes me so happy to be in the grow room i spend a lot of time just watching the grass grow two mor weeks and im going 12/12 i have 39 girls under 3000 watts hps im growing in 5 gl smart pots there getting to be 12 to 24 inch's tall b thy will finish at 4 feet or better the strain is lambsbred i have been working on this strain for 10 years she was a clone and i x her with trainwreck now i have a lot of seeds i back x her 3 times and now she is very stable and grows like mad i have grown her out doors for 7 years now were indoors were she likes the worm weather in the grow room

:xmas::byebye:

the new grow panals way better then the old ones. 1000% performace . yes i like the combo lighting. and all the plants get dif light and the mix.

The Family
Left to right: La Diva, AutoBlueberry, Trans Siberian Automatic.
IMG_118711.JPG

Just so you know, CFL's produce most of their light sideways, so if you turn that whole thing sideways, more light will go to the plants.

Emmm... Siberian showing very minor yellowing of the tips.. There goes my N-def diagnosis lol. I'm a very bad plant doctor :lot-o-toke:
The burn is very minor, so I guess she just took what she wanted with a cherry on top. 3Gal users, becareful, you know I'm talking to you spring2012 :laughtwo:. I'm sorry I'm discouraging you from feeding, I KNOW how bad you want to do it, I'm just giving my opinion. Don't risk it man, when it comes to nutes, less is more. << I'm sure you read this everywhere.

It could also have been a toxic build up. As Jorge Cervantes says, flush every two weeks to get rid of salt build up. He says flush with 3 times the container, so if in a 3 gallon pot, flush with 9 gallons of water. He says you can even use tap water to flush, not even Ph'd, but I would Ph it just cause to like 6.7.

Thanks for the tips :) The problems with the siberian actually turned out to be salt build up you're right. I wasn't flushing with enough water. The run off just looked so clear after a few gallons and I stopped every time.

ismokes, I see that now. I finally finished the journal. Nice shit. You still got about what those autos should produce 30 grams on average. Vew few autos produce 50grams.

Quick question. You said you got better results with a different light schedule, I think. What did you use before and after to see better results with the same seeds?

Back
Top Bottom