First Time Grower - Using Hydro & LED

Re: First Time Grower, Using Hydro and LED.

Hi S.P.
i wish all is round for you,
i like your setup because it is like mine, clear and clean, no mess anywere, that's one of the key for growing without problems.
even if you grow in dirt, your space has to be the most clean you can.
plants are gorgeous and look uniform wich is a great thing.
i'm subb anyway to see them to take-off soon.
greenest vibes to your garden S.P.

E.D.

i forgot to say that GreenLovePotion is a very good plant. samsara is an underrated seedbank in my opinion. most people do prefer to pay more for hype-pricey-brand, i don't. you can easily find keepers with beans under 50bucks/5seeds without any problems. some may cost a bit more like seriousseeds(one of the best imo) or a few others but don't go over 100 for 8/10 seeds. many people did great work on seeds for years now and live in canada,US, north europe,southern europe and they sell their beans for the price i said.
all the best.

i forgot to say that GreenLovePotion is a very good plant. samsara is an underrated seedbank in my opinion. most people do prefer to pay more for hype-pricey-brand, i don't. you can easily find keepers with beans under 50bucks/5seeds without any problems. some may cost a bit more like seriousseeds(one of the best imo) or a few others but don't go over 100 for 8/10 seeds. many people did great work on seeds for years now and live in canada,US, north europe,southern europe and they sell their beans for the price i said.
all the best.
'
Thanks ED my next set of seeds is from Samara Seeds called Holygrail69.

Looking good! I think mine ended at about 38" and they went in at 16", so they do stretch a bit. Love GLP, and Samsara. HG69 is new to me, I'm interested in checking it out. Also, don't worry about red petiole when growing with LED, it happens even if you aren't running a P deficiency. I'm along for the ride man, can't wait to see them flower. :)

Looking good! I think mine ended at about 38" and they went in at 16", so they do stretch a bit. Love GLP, and Samsara. HG69 is new to me, I'm interested in checking it out. Also, don't worry about red petiole when growing with LED, it happens even if you aren't running a P deficiency. I'm along for the ride man, can't wait to see them flower. :)

Thanks CareStaker

Can Ya'll look at these pictures and tell me if I really fucked up the FIM/TOPPING of my plants or not.
20140218_125342.jpg

20140218_125334.jpg

20140218_125223.jpg

Not sure why the pictures turned sideways when I uploaded them :(

I topped/fim these plants a few days ago and not sure if I took off enough of the tops or not. Please advise :)

I too haven't performed a FIM thus I have no first hand experience however from research and studying your photos I would say that I would have done the same.

Ok this ends the First 4 Weeks : I keep reminding myself Patience. Today I have changed the water in the system.
PPM 644
PH 5.7
water temp 65.

Things are moving along slowly. Largest plant is 8 inches and smallest is 6 inches high and all wider then a 5 gallon bucket.
Moved the lights up to 24 inches to see if I can get little stretch. They seem so compact and small, not sure if this is bad or good.

2-20-2014 Picture

2-20-2014.jpg

2-22.2014

2-22-2014.jpg

2-22-2014-1.jpg

Such a wonderful day of 70 today gotta get outside and get some that good ole fresh bud air

will try for some better picture after the lights go out.

You have a very nice setup, but you must have missed the part in the instructions for the light you bought. It's quite clear from your pictures of your setup and plants that your light is far too low. The poor seedlings were getting roasted and the mature plants are stunted and not growing tall because of the intense light they are receiving.

Advanced LED diamond series (if not all of their lights) need to be at least 30 inches away from the top of your plant during veg. You also are supposed to only use the veg lights at first to acclimate the seedlings. These are super high intensity lights. Their 350 watt xml light is more powerful than a 600w hps by far.

You may want to go back and read the instructions, but definately raise the light to 30 inches asap. You are only utilizing like a quarter of your light.

Don't take this post personally, I really hope I'm helping you. Definately not trying to insult. You are obviously very Intelligent, but we can all make silly mistakes.

Take a look at my ds100 in my journal. You can see the difference, no? I have my ds100 30 inches above my plants at all times, and if I don't, they start to look like your leaves. They will bend and the leaves will have stunted growth. You should have 10x the results and you will when you adjust the height.

I edited because I didn't see that you had just raised the light to 24". You were already onto the solution, you just needed some reinforcement.

You have a very nice setup, but you must have missed the part in the instructions for the light you bought. It's quite clear from your pictures of your setup and plants that your light is far too low. The poor seedlings were getting roasted and the mature plants are stunted and not growing tall because of the intense light they are receiving.

Advanced LED diamond series (if not all of their lights) need to be at least 30 inches away from the top of your plant during veg. You also are supposed to only use the veg lights at first to acclimate the seedlings. These are super high intensity lights. Their 350 watt xml light is more powerful than a 600w hps by far.

You cooked them for a long time without even thinking about raising your light. You may want to go back and read the instructions, but definately raise the light to 30 inches asap. You are only utilizing like a quarter of your light.

Don't take this post personally, I really hope I'm helping you. Definately not trying to insult. You are obviously very Intelligent, but we can all make silly mistakes.

Take a look at my ds100 in my journal. You can see the difference, no? I have my ds100 30 inches above my plants at all times, and if I don't, they start to look like your leaves. They will bend and the leaves will have stunted growth. You should have 10x the results and you will when you adjust the height.

Awesome :) thanks going right now to raise it up. I hope I didn't F...k'ed them up.

We call them a weed for a reason. By no means are you done. I have a feeling it will be great once you raise. I would take some extra time to veg after raising the lights. You should get a lot of new growth at the top. Let that stuff mature, then flower when you are ready, or she may flower for you. I don't have direct experience in this situation. The lights are usually lowered during flower, but you should definately consult the instructions again, or even call advanced led. My instructions say 30 inches veg, 20 inches flower, but it also states to figure out which height is best for whatever species of plant you're growing.

I do suggest raising to 30". Let the plant and leaves stretch up a bit, allowing light to reach the inner parts. She is gonna be bushy, though. Not a bad thing.

Some people let their plants stretch up to the lights deliberately to get them to grow short and bushy, making them easier to light, essentially. However, there is a limit and it can stress and stunt plants, as you've seen.

It looks like the rest of your parameters were perfect, so the plant hardly missed a beat. Getting that light up higher should make your good grow into a great one.

That is a very nice light. With your aero setup, I can't wait to see what you can do. Congrats on such a nice first setup.

Back
Top Bottom