First Time Grower - Using Hydro & LED

Re: First Time Grower, Using Hydro and LED

High S.P.

your garden is nice and healthy for sure,:bravo:
wait a bit if you could and if you don't have high issues to make a more covered screen before to flip.
depends on the strain but they can have a big stretch then don't wait too long neither:rollingeyes:
anyway even if you flip now you'll have nice plants but if you tuck the tops for a few dayz more, you'll harvest a bit more for sure, just your choice M8.
keep them happy, it is the main job for a grower and you are doing it right until now.
cheers.

E.D.

I found this site and thought it might be helpful to you, considering you use dwc method. Hydroponic Nutrient Availability : What ?Pushing Out an Element? Really Means | Science in Hydroponics

I learned the dynamic relationship between ammonia and nitrogen and their effects on ph. It helped me greatly. Turns out more ammonia based nitrates lower ph, thus buffering it more easily. Now I only have to adjust ph slightly, less often.

It seems like you have your nutrients and ph regulated perfectly, however, you may just learn something.

Real Life with my children visiting and guests over has made it hard for me to update and post pictures. The 23rd of March was day 14 of flowering. I changed my res and upped the nutrients to 800 ppm. Couple questions I have is how much taller will they get? Also is it normal in hydro to see upper fluctuation of ppm?, from the res change on the 23rd the ppm went from 830 to 1027. I added 2 gallons of water with ppm of 38 and ph of 5.8. to bring it down to 833 and my ph goes from 5.8 to 5.2 before I have to up it every 2 days, prior to switching to flowering my ph would rise is this normal in hydro?

Here are some pictures from the 21st and then after the res change on the 23rd.

Should I also put another scrog to help them stay lower or what?

Pictures 3-21-14

3-21-14-1.jpg

3-21-14-2.jpg

3-21-14-3.jpg

3-23-14

3-23-14-1.jpg

3-23-14-2.jpg

3-23-14-3.jpg

Oh don't pay attention to my peppers and tomatoes I have started, they are on the floor.

Hi SP.
Your plants are looking great man. The reason your PPM's are going up is because you over fed a little. As the plant is drinking water the PPM's are rising because the plant is consuming more water than nutrients, so as you water lvl goes down your nutrients are getting more concentrated. Just back off about 10-15% on the nutes and you should be good. Typically you want the PPM to stay at the same lvl you set it to when you changed reservoir. This means that the plant is consuming nutrients and water at the same rate. Its a delicate balancing act. As far as stretch goes, they usually stretch to twice their height, the plants usually stop the stretch around day 21.
Its a little confusing for the nutes, but I hope this helps.;)

Hi SP.
Your plants are looking great man. The reason your PPM's are going up is because you over fed a little. As the plant is drinking water the PPM's are rising because the plant is consuming more water than nutrients, so as you water lvl goes down your nutrients are getting more concentrated. Just back off about 10-15% on the nutes and you should be good. Typically you want the PPM to stay at the same lvl you set it to when you changed reservoir. This means that the plant is consuming nutrients and water at the same rate. Its a delicate balancing act. As far as stretch goes, they usually stretch to twice their height, the plants usually stop the stretch around day 21.
Its a little confusing for the nutes, but I hope this helps.;)

Hell yes this helps me understand little more... Stealth I really thank you for the help and suggestions. Everyone here is so helpful.

Man don't you dare touch those beauties...lol.

They look great... Very proud of what you've done here and can't wait for my next grow using LED's and my BP6. Very, very healthy plant going here.

As for the question of another SCROG I don't believe anyone would recommend it unless your planning on a double SCROG. But yours is so full and I wouldn't even know how to incorporate a double any.

Can you get us an up skirt shot of her...from below the net!

Also, looks like you haven't done any defol at all...can you confirm?

How many days are we up to now?

I gotta tell you as a newbie you've got this thing nailed down. Your a natural and I'm sure the SME's would agree with me.

Reps for having a successful grow thus far. No doubt you'll have a nice harvest.

Renegade

Man don't you dare touch those beauties...lol.

They look great... Very proud of what you've done here and can't wait for my next grow using LED's and my BP6. Very, very healthy plant going here.

As for the question of another SCROG I don't believe anyone would recommend it unless your planning on a double SCROG. But yours is so full and I wouldn't even know how to incorporate a double any.

Can you get us an up skirt shot of her...from below the net!

Also, looks like you haven't done any defol at all...can you confirm?

How many days are we up to now?

I gotta tell you as a newbie you've got this thing nailed down. Your a natural and I'm sure the SME's would agree with me.

Reps for having a successful grow thus far. No doubt you'll have a nice harvest.

Renegade

Thank yall for the kind words... if it wasn't for this forum and people sharing their information I would not have been able to do a grow.

I did a defol lightly on 3 of them and much more on the 4th plant, but one thing good with those defol leaves my chickens loved them..
I am not going to do any defol in flower.... I am tempted but they are so damn pretty with leaves.... :)

The pictures from the 23rd was day 14 of flower schedule

Thank yall for the kind words... if it wasn't for this forum and people sharing their information I would not have been able to do a grow.

I did a defol lightly on 3 of them and much more on the 4th plant, but one thing good with those defol leaves my chickens loved them..
I am not going to do any defol in flower.... I am tempted but they are so damn pretty with leaves.... :)

The pictures from the 23rd was day 14 of flower schedule

Sexual bunch for sure. How long was veg?

Renegade...

Hi S.P.
your garden is very nice Man, and plants looks more than happy Imo...
for the feeding, as you just see, they don't eat much during stretch, but one week later, i mean the third week of flower
when you start to see flower forming, they'll start to eat more and should down the water and PPM faster, at this moment
you'll should increase a bit your PPM and see a few day later if they eat or only drink water, in week 3 they should start to drink
and eat more for sure. if i'm not clear shout and i'll try to be more clear.
hope it helps a bit Bro'.

keep them nice as they are, good job S.P.

green vibes to your garden.

E.D.

Hi S.P.
your garden is very nice Man, and plants looks more than happy Imo...
for the feeding, as you just see, they don't eat much during stretch, but one week later, i mean the third week of flower
when you start to see flower forming, they'll start to eat more and should down the water and PPM faster, at this moment
you'll should increase a bit your PPM and see a few day later if they eat or only drink water, in week 3 they should start to drink
and eat more for sure. if i'm not clear shout and i'll try to be more clear.
hope it helps a bit Bro'.

keep them nice as they are, good job S.P.

green vibes to your garden.

E.D.

Thanks :) Yesterday they sucked up about 5 gallons of water. So I did a res change last night and kept the ppm around 750. Seems they really like this. I will update with pictures later.

Thanks everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom