Flump's Grow: Dinamed CBD, 2019/12

Doc , a few yrs ago u said u modified your 'roots' and that apon transplating into finals , we didnt need to use Transplant anymore cuz the new 'roots' has everything in it so.....i stopped using it unessesaraly at transplanting.
I usually only give 1/4 strength now, just plain water with a bit of Tea.

Yep....but we still recommend using Transplant at time of planting and transplanting....just not mixed at 1 oz per gallon like before.

Your situation is bit different, because you have very large pots.

I'd like to clear up some misinformation. This is important and it could very well impact the success of the grow!

1. Dunking and draining is the single best way to grow roots, which is the absolute most important thing we can do in veg.
2. Directions and even a video are on my website How we water
3. Pouring water down the top will actually waste more product than dunking, because in order to saturate the medium with no dry spots you'll have to pour and pour and pour.....That's why we dunk!
4. As we drain the container after the dunk, the liquid leaving the bottom of the container draws in fresh air from the top......roots love this and we love roots.

I'm not sure where the "fresh water only" thing started, but that's not what I do. Initially, you want to use Transplant upon planting the clone or seed. Then, when the plant has 5 internodes....no later....could go earlier....start with the drench cycle.

If you find a coffee can or a bowl, so that the container sits about 3/4 under water, you can dunk with minimal waste and maximum effect.
Thanks a lot Doc! I will give the coffee can approach a try and see how it feels.

Also....you just have one plant? I wouldn't bother dunking....if you are using product....just slowly top feed and keep track of how much it takes to saturate the soil fully. That way you don't mix up too much.
Yes only 1 plant. As I quoted above, I might give the coffee can approach a try to see how it feels!

Yes only 1 plant. As I quoted above, I might give the coffee can approach a try to see how it feels!
I think a coffee can would be too small....height wise. I was struggling to find something a good size and the problem was having a diameter big enough....but not too big...and tall enough that you can submerge the pot and not overflow the container when the water level rises.

I eventually gave up looking and used a 1 gallon graduated paint mixing bucket from the dollar store. I could only dunk half way, and poured some down the top with a solo cup at the same time. Oddly enough I found what looks like a small garbage container at the dollar store that looks perfect for dunking 1 gallon pots...and I will get to try that out in a week or so.

In the end trying to make every bit wet is the goal. I think Doc flips after transplant, and I Veg for another month after transplant in big pots....so I am comfortable feeding differently than just dunking. It may not be as good, but I haven't run into problems so far. Even with my 10 gallon nursery pots I fill my saucers and give them about 20-30 minutes to suck that up from the bottom, and slowly pour the rest down the top. When top feeding it is really important to pour slowly, and evenly all around the surface and not just dump it in. That gives the soil time to spread it around and soak it up like a sponge.

After this harvest I will inspect my root ball and see what she has to say about my watering methods.

20191207_194234.jpg

Back
Top Bottom