GanjaGaiden's First Perpetual - Bag Seed Mother - Grow

GanjaGaiden

Method: Soil SOG Perpetual
Medium: Hyponex soil (very low npk) and I add more perlite, about 70/30 or so.
Nutes: Lucas method with 7g/gal of MaxiBloom powder. Molasses @ 2TBS/ Gal
Lights: 3x 200w equivalent CFL bulbs shows about 500w @ 5" from bulbs with light meter
Container: 32 oz Foam Cups

24/0 for the mother in a Rubbermaid tub in the crawl space with a 100w cfl mounted in there. She is a study mother to be hanging on down there after I harvested it earlier this year and revegged it cause even though I harvested it waayyy too early (first time ever trying to grow, lesson learned) she bounced back and I've taken 30+ clones from her and she still produces.

I just built a bubble cloner, but this first round of clones I just cut 12 clones dipped in hormone powder and placed them in scotts hyponex soil in egg cartons in a humidity dome. Got 9 to root within a couple weeks so, not bad for first timer.

For my flowering chamber I have taken a standard cupboard and lined the inside with reflective material. I have 3 200w equivilent CFL bulbs mounted in there with ceramic light mounts. I enjoy using these big cfls for the reason of low heat, not much energy usage. And I don't plan on changing this setup because it seems to be producing as good or better than I expected, and that's good enough for me. I have a small desktop fan that I sealed around the edges of a hole i jigsawed in the top for exhaust. I have a 2" hole drilled in back for inlet. I also placed a desktop fan in the chamber facing down for even air distribution. Temp stays right at the 79 degree mark.

I had a goal of spending very little on this setup and have achieved that. I root my clones then transplant them into 32 oz foam cups with 3 holes cut in the bottom, then stack another cup underneath. this acts as a drain and also a res for some of the roots that grow from bottom of container to feed. I water often and rinse the bottom cup so it stays fresh with whatever nutes I feed it. my feeding schedule is maxibloom, when that dries up then molasses, just that alternating schedule. I really feel the molasses is making this fruit really sweet. we shall see.

My space has space for around 12 single cola clones to do their thing, so once I get on this schedule I want it will be like this. 4 rooted clones in, wait 2-3 weeks, add 4 more, wait 2-3 weeks, add 4 more then harvest first 4 then add 4 new. But at the moment I have 2 that went in on 8/21, then 5 that went in around 5 days later, then 4 more that went in 2 weeks after those. My goal is to get around 7g dry off each, so that's an ounce every 3 weeks, and that will provide my medicine.

So at day 47ish for the first 2 plants in, they are looking as if they will hit that 7g mark, and really aren't that root bound to be in such small containers. The fruit is smelling very sweet and just starting to get that stickiness when I do that no-no of molesting a bud. (don't worry I only squeeze a very low bud, lol). overall I cant complain about this setup for its stealth and simplicity. I have my issues but things work out. the plants stopped growing vertically right at the height of the cab, so I have to be careful to keep the colas off the lights. but a few burned fan leaves aren't stopping these buds from swelling up just fine. I know this is an imperfect setup I have, but I an nonetheless satisfied.

Pics to come here in a bit, have to charge the ole cell phone so I can take some and show y'all what I'm talking about!

Thanks and any constructive criticism is appreciated!

@}->--- GG ---<-{@

So here are the pics as promised. any comments on how much longer you all believe the oldest have is appreciated...i set a 9 week target and that is like oct 23rd...also if anyone can identify this strain or even have a guess, leme know! it has very little smell thank god! i can only smell that really fruity bud smell when i pinch a lower bud and feel the resin on my fingers! smells sooo dank though...

view of the cab
IMG_20131006_184859.jpg

must unlock for access!
IMG_20131006_184935.jpg

little curtain made of emergency blanket
IMG_20131006_185003.jpg

Voila! the goodies inside...currently 10 plants....2 oldest, 4 middle and 4 youngest.
IMG_20131006_185019.jpg

exhaust fan
IMG_20131006_185036.jpg

2 oldest (47ish days of flower after clone rooted)
IMG_20131006_185127.jpg

main cola of oldest #1 ignore burned leaves and pistils lol, just gotta work thru it!
IMG_20131006_185226.jpg

oldst #2
IMG_20131006_185335.jpg

top of that one
IMG_20131006_185345.jpg

right side
IMG_20131006_185417.jpg

middle
IMG_20131006_185422.jpg

left side
IMG_20131006_185427.jpg

one of 4 youngest
IMG_20131006_185440.jpg

best looking of the middle group maybe 41 days in flower
IMG_20131006_185633.jpg

another group shot
IMG_20131006_185512.jpg

lights out
IMG_20131006_190147.jpg

my foliar spray bottle (molasses once a week)
IMG_20131006_190235.jpg

Like I mentioned before, Im gonna have a few burned leaves unfortunately. so other than that I really cant complain! they are just starting to get a little frost on them so i figure in the next couple weeks that will multiply more and more. I plan on feeding them nutes/molasses on an alternating schedule til the week before harvest, then making sure my last 2 waterings are with molasses and then let them go dry for the big snip!

sorry for poor quality of pics, having trouble locating my camera cord so i had to email them from my phone!

questions, comments, smart remarks, all welcome!!

I try to focus the spray under the leaves and minimal. My ventilation is really good and humidity pretty low. But you say cease the action? That's why I'm here, to learn from yall!

Thanks bud! So being a beginner and my first sog, what would you rate the looks of the buds development at 47 days 1-10? And why? I'm a sponge for info

ok so heres an update...with better high res pics...today makes 8 weeks in flower for the two oldest girls...there are a few more which are 5 days behind and more that are 2 weeks behind those...any opinions on how long til i see amber trichs on the first two? still new pistils coming out, but unsure for how long...maybe yall can share some light! flushed oldest 2 friday night, and fan leaves are fading fast. continuing with molasses.

here are the two oldest. the one in the forefront most likely suffered some unnecessary stress when father in law decided to squeeze the hell out ofmain cola to smell...needless to say im the one providing the finger smell for him now :/
DSCF30362.JPG

plant squeezed by father in law. how long?
DSCF30332.JPG

other plant same age as last pic.
DSCF30322.JPG

top cola closeup of above plant
DSCF30341.JPG

main cola of one of plants 5 days behind...buds look like they will be bigger as i added aanother fan for ventilation after they were about a month old.
DSCF30312.JPG

pic of 2 other 5 day behind girls
DSCF30351.JPG

as you can see im really maximizing my vertical space, lol. all up beside those 200w cfls. good news id my light meter reads like 900 between lights, so im cool with it. any advice to help would be great, thanks! how am i doing and how much loger do yall think i have til harvest on first 2 plants in?

and one more question, any of yall ever experience your top cola not smelliling like rest of plant? the bottom buds seem more sticky as well...besides my father in law overly-molesting the one top cola, is there any other reason for this? i have a feeling my lack of the extra fan for the first month may have something to do with this as well, but im just a beginner and could be wayy off

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom