GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Hello yet again grow gang! I'm on a posting binge today!

I just had to pop back on to say that this grow has just gotten a bit more interesting (at least for me anyway).

It came out of the blue about 1/2 hour ago:
Phlizon by door.JPG

Christmas morning on a March afternoon!
Phlizon open box.JPG

She's big. She's impressive. She's the Phlizon 1000w, FD-8000 full spectrum grow light!
Phlizon unpacked 3-4-24.JPG

The chances of me NOT sticking this in my 5x5 tent for this grow are .000000000000000001, or thereabouts. 🙂

This is one of my prizes for GJOTY. I'll provide more info about it later.

For now, immense thanks to 420 Magazine, Phlizon and the 420 members who have supported me so givingly!

Woo Hoo!
Lights nice but that room! Omg! Beautiful! Your wife knows how to dress a house. I just love her style.

That's what I need Plans. 🍋
No question, Keith.

Even if it has to change, it's helpful to have some kind of map of what you intend to do and when! :Rasta:

Looking good. Watching to see how the new regiment goes. Good Luck
Thanks jmrl!

I jumped over to your journal and saw where you're just getting started. That will be some of my reading for this evening and I'll be following along from there! :Rasta:

Creepy If I had feelings they would be hurt. :rofl: 🍋
Ha!

I feel like you get me Keith. You're like me, an old dog.

We take very little of this 420 stuff personally!

Once I reach that comfort zone with a person, I might say anything! 🙂

Lights nice but that room! Omg! Beautiful! Your wife knows how to dress a house. I just love her style.
Tra, not to upset the sisterhood, but the Mrs. had nothing to do with decorating that room. That's ALL me.

To see her handiwork you'd need to see pics of my bedroom, with the friggin' pink walls! :straightface:

Anyhow, thank you very much, I guess! :Rasta:

Tra, not to upset the sisterhood, but the Mrs. had nothing to do with decorating that room. That's ALL me.

To see her handiwork you'd need to see pics of my bedroom, with the friggin' pink walls! :straightface:

Anyhow, thank you very much, I guess! :Rasta:
Omg! Just when I thought you couldn’t get sexier!

Good job. I love it. The furniture, the books then the pop of green from your house plant just makes the room sing. It’s a beautiful room Black. I’m super impressed.

Journal is moving so fast these days, GDB! All caught up again, and looking forward to your coco journey. It’s been a while since I grew in coco, but like PMil, I just hydrated/rinsed it, that was that. I think you’re right and yours is all good to use it straight out of the bag. One of the things I liked best about coco was how fast the plants would respond to adjustments in their nutes, etc. Even if you do see any issue pop up with the buffer stuff, I’m confident you’ll be able to fix it quickly.

I used 3 gal bags too and that worked well for me, I’m 💯 on board with all your COPs. 👍 I think 5 gals gave me humidity concerns, but it’s been a while. The ol noodle’s not as reliable as it used to be. ;)

I’m glad you found the nutes you were interested in at half the price. It’s too bad your local shop is having troubles, but yikes, that’s quite the price difference.

I feel like I wrote a lot so, sorry if that was rambling. I think my bedtime oil has kicked in and I’m zooted. (my first zooted!)

I'm not sure I understand your question, Stinker.

I'm going to use 3 gallon pots. Are you asking if I could use pots smaller than that?
I guess I am, could have looked it up. I also use 3 gallon, or 11 liter pots for short grows and am looking to maybe half that to 6 liters. Trying a 6 liter now, with soil this grow and it seems good. I just switched back to hard pots as the fabric were drying out too fast.

Hello yet again grow gang! I'm on a posting binge today!

I just had to pop back on to say that this grow has just gotten a bit more interesting (at least for me anyway).

It came out of the blue about 1/2 hour ago:
Phlizon by door.JPG

Christmas morning on a March afternoon!
Phlizon open box.JPG

She's big. She's impressive. She's the Phlizon 1000w, FD-8000 full spectrum grow light!
Phlizon unpacked 3-4-24.JPG

The chances of me NOT sticking this in my 5x5 tent for this grow are .000000000000000001, or thereabouts. 🙂

This is one of my prizes for GJOTY. I'll provide more info about it later.

For now, immense thanks to 420 Magazine, Phlizon and the 420 members who have supported me so givingly!

Woo Hoo!
"Careful, you'll shoot your eye out kid."

Ninja growing master 🙏 that's a badass light!! 💪

Journal is moving so fast these days, GDB! All caught up again, and looking forward to your coco journey. It’s been a while since I grew in coco, but like PMil, I just hydrated/rinsed it, that was that. I think you’re right and yours is all good to use it straight out of the bag. One of the things I liked best about coco was how fast the plants would respond to adjustments in their nutes, etc. Even if you do see any issue pop up with the buffer stuff, I’m confident you’ll be able to fix it quickly.

I used 3 gal bags too and that worked well for me, I’m 💯 on board with all your COPs. 👍 I think 5 gals gave me humidity concerns, but it’s been a while. The ol noodle’s not as reliable as it used to be. ;)

I’m glad you found the nutes you were interested in at half the price. It’s too bad your local shop is having troubles, but yikes, that’s quite the price difference.

I feel like I wrote a lot so, sorry if that was rambling. I think my bedtime oil has kicked in and I’m zooted. (my first zooted!)
Thanks for taking an interest HH!

That whole buffering thing temporarily threw me for a loop. I'm somewhat detail oriented and also easily confused. That's not a good combination!

I like the yield I get from 3 gallon pots. It's usually just enough! I don't care to wrestle with or trim large plants. Plus, next to trimming, the thing I dislike most about growing is schlepping water. Smaller pots equals less schlepping.

Stay zooted! :ganjamon:

I guess I am, could have looked it up. I also use 3 gallon, or 11 liter pots for short grows and am looking to maybe half that to 6 liters. Trying a 6 liter now, with soil this grow and it seems good. I just switched back to hard pots as the fabric were drying out too fast.
One day I'd like to try 9 different strains in 2 gallon pots, all grown in my 5x5 tent! :Rasta:

Hello all.

It's Day 15 for the New Trick babies and the Cosmic Lights (3rd from left) continues to pout.

NT babies 3-7-24 D15.JPG

She's drinking. She was nearly full yesterday and is nearly dry today. Clearly, she's ready for some more foot space.

I watered them all this morning and when they nearly dry out they'll be up-potted. I hope the KoolBloom nutes get here on time for the up-pot. If not, I'll have to go with something else.

My coco adventure is about to begin.

Woof! Woof!

--------------------------------

Thanks for your time.

PEACE

Hello all.

It's Day 15 for the New Trick babies and the Cosmic Lights (3rd from left) continues to pout.

NT babies 3-7-24 D15.JPG

She's drinking. She was nearly full yesterday and is nearly dry today. Clearly, she's ready for some more foot space.

I watered them all this morning and when they nearly dry out they'll be up-potted. I hope the KoolBloom nutes get here on time for the up-pot. If not, I'll have to go with something else.

My coco adventure is about to begin.

Woof! Woof!

--------------------------------

Thanks for your time.

PEACE
Give the cosmic lights some Superthrive or something for roots.
They are sad. :Namaste:
What are you feeding everyone now?
Until KB arrives?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom