GeoFlora Nutrients Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Baked. The point I'd make is I've seen an awful lot of grows that were flat out awesome using these nutes in the GSC grows. I think the science is interesting but we don't have to know how it works to use it.

Like my car. I don't need to know how to rebuild the engine to use it effectively to get around. Now, the more I know about how it works the more I may be able to max out its capabilities, but it works fine just turning the key.

Can you point out where I bad-mouthed the product, system, or was rude or possibly slanderous?
Yes I can. You made a baseless statement saying that maybe the product was just an organic nutrient delivery system, implying that it is not a true organic feeding cycle system and that the company's claims and advertising were wrong. As I argued when you said this, if the product did not support a truly organic system where the microbes were doing all the feeding, at the direction of the plants themselves, then it would be possible to burn the plants by applying too much, and we simply know that this is not the case. Then, because you have a huge following and have people who glom onto every word you type, others started piling on, supporting your theory. I just wanted to nip this talk in the bud, and to do so, I went right after the person who started that disparaging conversation, you. Let's wait for the scientists to respond.

Yes I can. You made a baseless statement saying that maybe the product was just an organic nutrient delivery system, implying that it is not a true organic feeding cycle system and that the company's claims and advertising were wrong. As I argued when you said this, if the product did not support a truly organic system where the microbes were doing all the feeding, at the direction of the plants themselves, then it would be possible to burn the plants by applying too much, and we simply know that this is not the case. Then, because you have a huge following and have people who glom onto every word you type, others started piling on, supporting your theory. I just wanted to nip this talk in the bud, and to do so, I went right after the person who started that disparaging conversation, you. Let's wait for the scientists to respond.
I guess I don't see it the same way you do Em. In Shed's defense, these are not the types of nutes he grows with and he merely asked the question, as many of us do with various things we are curious about. I do it all the time. After asking a question we then step back and see where the convesation goes, see what we can learn. And, in the absense of a response from Geoflora at that point we were all grasping at straws.

Your comments about being able to apply excess amounts without burning the plants was on point, but that is how we all learn. Those of us that know less ask questions and try to learn from those with more knowledge and experience.

After he asked the question and you responded he did not come back at it again trying to convince anyone his thoughts were the correct ones. Others chimed in, sure. But again that's how the process often plays out.

So, I agree, let's let the Geoflora folks weigh in with the science, but I don't think Shed meant any harm.

I would just like to assert again - aerobic bacteria secrete exactly zero nutrients besides carbon dioxide. Their secretions are alkaline glues and alkaline enzymes - nutrients are sequestered…. Lemme find those peer reviewed journals just so we can put this to rest once and for all :nerd-with-glasses:

I would just like to assert again - aerobic bacteria secrete exactly zero nutrients besides carbon dioxide. Their secretions are alkaline glues and alkaline enzymes - nutrients are sequestered…. Lemme find those peer reviewed journals just so we can put this to rest once and for all :nerd-with-glasses:
We are no longer talking about just bacteria. Let's wait for the modern scientists who make the stuff.
YouTube is also peer reviewed and it's wrong all the time.

You made a baseless statement saying that maybe the product was just an organic nutrient delivery system

can any one tell me what's wrong with an organic nutrient delivery system ... are we hating those now ? :p

We are no longer talking about just bacteria. Let's wait for the modern scientists who make the stuff.
YouTube is also peer reviewed and it's wrong all the time.
Okay so you don’t trust peer reviewed articles found in scientific journals because YouTube is wrong all the time? I guess this is where I exit this discussion.

I guess I don't see it the same way you do Em. In Shed's defense, these are not the types of nutes he grows with and he merely asked the question, as many of us do with various things we are curious about. I do it all the time. After asking a question we then step back and see where the convesation goes, see what we can learn. And, in the absense of a response from Geoflora at that point we were all grasping at straws.

Your comments about being able to apply excess amounts without burning the plants was on point, but that is how we all learn. Those of us that know less ask questions and try to learn from those with more knowledge and experience.

After he asked the question and you responded he did not come back at it again trying to convince anyone his thoughts were the correct ones. Others chimed in, sure. But again that's how the process often plays out.

So, I agree, let's let the Geoflora folks weigh in with the science, but I don't think Shed meant any harm.
I am sure that Shed is innocent of any harmful intent but I also felt a need to redirect the conversation that was misunderstanding both microbes and a sponsors product that I have used long enough to know basically how it works. We started down that geoflora rabbit hole with Shed's comment, so I started there with my rebuttal... this too is how we learn.

i'm just waiting til they are available here. looking to change things up some time and this is the only nute i find interesting.

Might as well be synthetic

in execution only. yes.

it would definitely be better on your chosen media, particularly if you re-use or recycle it. which is why i'm interested. i re-use stuff in the outdoor garden. you would also not have to worry about build up the same.

Okay so you don’t trust peer reviewed articles found in scientific journals because YouTube is wrong all the time? I guess this is where I exit this discussion.
Bring it on... science changes all the time, just ask Biden. Real scientists have been promised and we will all get our answers... don't flee the discussion just yet.

Bring it on... science changes all the time, just ask Biden. Real scientists have been promised and we will all get our answers... don't flee the discussion just yet.
And who exactly do you think is writing the peer reviewed articles?

science doesn't change. it advances. i'm just along for the ride

Innocent of harmful intent or borderline slanderous?

we have a combo deal this wk only on both ..

in execution only. yes.

it would definitely be better on your chosen media, particularly if you re-use or recycle it. which is why i'm interested. i re-use stuff in the outdoor garden. you would also not have to worry about build up the same.
If you bypass the organic feeding cycle with readily available nutes, you are feeding the plants and they and the microbes have no say in the matter. Now it's a bottle fed grow and not an organic one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom