GlimmerGrass's Maiden Grow - Crop King Seeds' Early Miss Auto Fem in Coir - 2015

Hey glimmergrass I just got caught up on your journal, & boy it has been a ride for sure ! Your girls look amazing and very very frosty & colorful. Seems like a good strain or better yet a good grower for the buds to look that tasty! When do you plan on starting your next grow? Hopefully immediately after this one. If so I'll be around for the next one's entire show :) ;)

Hey glimmergrass I just got caught up on your journal, & boy it has been a ride for sure ! Your girls look amazing and very very frosty & colorful. Seems like a good strain or better yet a good grower for the buds to look that tasty! When do you plan on starting your next grow? Hopefully immediately after this one. If so I'll be around for the next one's entire show :) ;)

Hey, thank you so much, Camo420! Great to see you! They're colourful because they're in a cold Canadian bedroom right now, so it's bringing some funky stuff out in them, I think :) They're not the prettiest flowers or the biggest colas or the frostiest buds, but I am so proud of them and so happy that my first grow is almost done!

I like the strain -- of course, I have nothing to compare it to, but it seemed straightforward, no extreme needs. I have no idea what it will smoke like, but it's a 60/30/10 hybrid of indica/sativa/ruderalis and a cross between Big Bud and White Widow so it should be decent.

I've got a 100 cm x 100 cm (40" x 40") grow tent coming that should be delivered on Tuesday -- so I'm going to start my next grow soon! I'm going to stay with autos, even though I have a tent, just because it removes one whole category of things that can go wrong -- the whole photoperiod/light leaking/hermieing thing :)

Coming up, HSO Auto Blue Dream, Dinafem Auto Amnesia XXL and Sweet Dark Devil Auto!

Congrats glimmer hope u enjoy every single toke of ur smoke;) high times.did not realise this was ur first grow .reps to u and ur fella good work;) also good choice getting a tent and perfect choice sticking with autos.there awsome.ur gna lv growing in a tent and ur plants will thrive;) the more grows u do the better u get bigget yields become.i wish u lots of luck on your new growing adventure il be here watching;) top work

Congrats glimmer hope u enjoy every single toke of ur smoke;) high times.did not realise this was ur first grow .reps to u and ur fella good work;) also good choice getting a tent and perfect choice sticking with autos.there awsome.ur gna lv growing in a tent and ur plants will thrive;) the more grows u do the better u get bigget yields become.i wish u lots of luck on your new growing adventure il be here watching;) top work

Thanks, so much, beast! I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement!

Oh I'm sure it will be some good smoke, from the pics and WW being in the strain. Cant wait for you start the next one, with those awesome selections I wouldn't be able to do anything but follow along ! Hopefully in that grow journal you can throw us a review of the early miss smoke :) +reps

Thank you, Camo420 -- I can't wait to test drive it!

Trichome shots today: both from sugar leaves near the top: Definitely getting mostly cloudy -- I looked all over the plant but can't see any amber anywhere yet.

Scylla:
S20151115_002.jpg

Charybdis:
S20151115_001.jpg

I left you a post on my journal, but decided to swing by. You're too close to harvest for traditional Backbuilding, but you have nothing to lose by experimenting with a couple buds, do you Glimmer?

Do you think the trichomes are amber there? I thought it was the plant material underneath! If the trichomes are going amber then I'm just about done, at least for the start of harvest. I'm going to harvest in stages, I think.

Actually, looking at it again, you're absolutely right!
Ya if you look in the picture of scylla you'll notice a somewhat horizontal steak of green roughly about half way down and below that i see quite a few amber

Ya if you look in the picture of scylla you'll notice a somewhat horizontal steak of green roughly about half way down and below that i see quite a few amber

If we are looking at the same thing, I see about 25% amber.

Glimmer, in so excited for you!

I can't believe I've been so distant at such an important time!! I was 2 pages back!

I have to agree with everyone else. I see some nice amber on Scylla! You'll be good to harvest her anytime if you've been 2 weeks no nutes and one week flush. I think it's too lAte to try another flush. Cause you'll have to wait another 5 or so days until she's all dried out to harvest, optimally.
I also think it's a bit late to try back building. I just think you're done so if you trim off those buds, that's your smoke your choppin off.

I'm so excited that you get to reap the benefits of your work! That is going to be some great smoke!! I hope you and the hubby enjoy it!!

Lots of love to you and the family!

heh heh heh -- we were TOTALLY writing in each others journals at the same time :)

Okay, then Scylla is ready ...

So I should let her dry out entirely, right, before the chop? And I can take just the ripest buds and leave the others, right? And I should chop her in the morning before the lights come on? I may do it tomorrow morning, then ...

Whew! So close!

Ok questions glimmergrass how do you go about flushing? Just 2-3x the pot size everyday for the whole week of flush?

I just did three days of flushing, not a whole week. I put 10 gallons of tap water (2x the pot size) through each plant each day for three days. I should actually have pHd the water, in retrospect, but I'll do that next time. And, again, please keep in mind that I have no idea what I'm doing :)

Back
Top Bottom