GlimmerGrass's Maiden Grow - Crop King Seeds' Early Miss Auto Fem in Coir - 2015

Time constraints are forcing me to harvest my auto fast and vast plants at 85 days (breeder claimed 63 days) and I'm thinking they should probably have gone another 2 weeks. I've just started a second grow of autos but will probably go with some photos after this. With similar seed to harvest time & burning lights 18-20 hrs rather than 12 for most of the grow for photos, I just don't recognize the advantage. But being an FNG, perhaps I'm missing something.

Hi, Boocoo! Yeah, that doesn't sound like it's working for you. The light thing is a big difference. I have reduced the lights on my own grow to 15 on, 9 off, partly because I'm getting a little light more bizarre purple light showing around my blocked off windows than I'm entirely comfortable having other people notice :)

Looking damn fine in here Glimmer! Damn fine indeed!!

Thank you, WS!

I grew three autos and from the seed popping out of the ground until I harvested it was 76 days, 84 days, 78 days.:Namaste:

Thats really helpful, golfer. I wish the vendors of auto seeds gave their time estimates more like that, in days from sprouting or see, since I'm not quite sure when to count the start of flowering with an auto. Is it the time the very first pistils show? Some time after that? I don't know :)

Everything looks great over here GG keep up the good work

Thanks, lexort! I really appreciate your stopping by!

A couple of trichome photos for this Sunday morning and then I have to be off to the work which will keep me fairly busy this week (I have a big project that comes to fruition on Friday).

Charbybis: sugar leaf near top:
S20151108_001.jpg

Scylla: small bud mid way down:
S20151108_003.jpg

I think it's getting cloudy. I've been looking at trichome photos for days, trying to get attuned to the differences, but I keep second guessing myself, which is natural because I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING. No amber at all, that I can focus on.

I also look at them with my 40x jewellers' loupe, which is easier in some ways, but I can't get a decent photo that way. Not that these are decent ... Ah well!

Happy Sunday, everyone! Hope your grows are doing well!

Love the pictures!! These are gorgeous!

I know the frustration of trying to guess what my trichomes look like. I've noticed that many strains don't even go amber. I watch and watch waiting for ambers then the next thing I know my girls have foxtailed like crazy and I could seed sacks forming. As if she was hermying*from going to long.

My experience has since led me to judging the ripeness of the buds by many different characteristics, rather than just one (Amber trichomes). I'm looking for the following:

Red and receding hairs
Foxtailing
Time
A majority of cloudy trichomes
Color fading in the leaves

When I begin to see more than one of these characteristics I know that my fruit is real close to the pickin. Not to mention, the kind folks around here are really good at helping someone out and keeping them on their feet with the anticipation of a harvest.

Hope that's helps! Lots of love and happy Sunday!

:love:

They look like art paintings, I would totally frame those pictures :thumb::thumb:

So I don't know if this might help, this is kinda what they look like (grosso modo)

Translucide (early stage)
sp3r500w.jpg

Milky cloudy (mid stage)
trichs-milky.jpg

Amber (final stage)
4015989982_0381a5b46a1.jpg

I didn't look at tricomes.....I just plucked a few buds, and when I liked what they did, I took her down......it was at the 8 week mark to the day.....this new grow ill check them.

and heres hoping your Friday goes well!

I agree Glimmer about the flowering :high-five:

I note when I see the first pistil and make the assumption that is day 1 of flowering. My CKS NL was supposed to be 8 weeks of flowering. My 3 plants were in that range and I saw pistils day 26 with the first two and day 28 on the last one. All of them were close - somewhere around 7-8 weeks.

Great trichome shots!! The ladies are looking great:bravo:

Definitely looking cloudy I'd say roughly a week or two yet. If you take a picture of the bud it would help me to get a feel for how far along they are because i too look for if the hairs are changing color and receding and also the overall look of the bud. Love the trichome pictures I'll have to show my wife since im pretty sure thats her favorite part of the whole process lol. When i bought my pocket microscope and offered her a chance to check out the trichomes she did and ever since then she loves checking them out lol.

Time constraints are forcing me to harvest my auto fast and vast plants at 85 days (breeder claimed 63 days) and I'm thinking they should probably have gone another 2 weeks. I've just started a second grow of autos but will probably go with some photos after this. With similar seed to harvest time & burning lights 18-20 hrs rather than 12 for most of the grow for photos, I just don't recognize the advantage. But being an FNG, perhaps I'm missing something.

Good morning Bucudinkydow. I couldn't let this one pass without comment. I recommend you go to one of Atrain's journals and introduce yourself. Atrain is our site guru for Autos. He managed to grow TWO autos over a six month period that each took the title of POTM, not an easy achievement with a field that includes the cultivators that live here.

Atrain is currently harvesting (I believe any day now if not already) the second of his current pair and between them he'll pull over a pound of sweet meds packed into rock-hard colas the size of your forearm. His thread on auto myth-busting should be an eye-opener. Photoflowering strains are an excitement all their own, but a well-managed auto grow will yield as much as a photo. Atrain proves that grow after grow after grow.

Glimmer, your trichome shots are exciting. Canna's been explaining to me how to get the clear shots and it takes a tripod set-up I haven't figured out yet, but that stability is essential, as you're realizing. Good photos often take a rediculous amount of time, but we're obsessive people anyway, so what the hey?

You're within your harvest window, but the final determination is yours. PotChimp lets some of his go until they've foxtailed out almost twenty steps! They're amazing to see.

I like stopping here. It has the same feel as my own yard, so I feel very much at home here. Well, I've been trying to get into the shower now for an hour and between phone calls and reading here I'm dawdling. Let me down that morning meds brownie and get into the shower and on with my day. I'll swing by later to see what's up. Have a great day. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I didn't look at tricomes.....I just plucked a few buds, and when I liked what they did, I took her down......it was at the 8 week mark to the day.....this new grow ill check them.

and heres hoping your Friday goes well!

That's a great way to sample and find out just what works for you, eh? :) Thanks for the good wishes! Things are busy busy right now, but it's all exciting!

I agree Glimmer about the flowering :high-five:

I note when I see the first pistil and make the assumption that is day 1 of flowering. My CKS NL was supposed to be 8 weeks of flowering. My 3 plants were in that range and I saw pistils day 26 with the first two and day 28 on the last one. All of them were close - somewhere around 7-8 weeks.

Great trichome shots!! The ladies are looking great:bravo:

That is so helpful, thank you, golfer. Okay, then I'm not far off.

Definitely looking cloudy I'd say roughly a week or two yet. If you take a picture of the bud it would help me to get a feel for how far along they are because i too look for if the hairs are changing color and receding and also the overall look of the bud. Love the trichome pictures I'll have to show my wife since im pretty sure thats her favorite part of the whole process lol. When i bought my pocket microscope and offered her a chance to check out the trichomes she did and ever since then she loves checking them out lol.

Sure, my husband took some bud photos today, but not sure when I'll get them up. The pistils have changed colour about 60% and are receding, at least on the upper buds. I may harvest in stages. I'll get some photos up on Wednesday, I hope! Thank you for your help!

Glimmer, your trichome shots are exciting. Canna's been explaining to me how to get the clear shots and it takes a tripod set-up I haven't figured out yet, but that stability is essential, as you're realizing. Good photos often take a rediculous amount of time, but we're obsessive people anyway, so what the hey?

You're within your harvest window, but the final determination is yours. PotChimp lets some of his go until they've foxtailed out almost twenty steps! They're amazing to see.

I like stopping here. It has the same feel as my own yard, so I feel very much at home here. Well, I've been trying to get into the shower now for an hour and between phone calls and reading here I'm dawdling. Let me down that morning meds brownie and get into the shower and on with my day. I'll swing by later to see what's up. Have a great day. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Hi, Sue! So great to see you :)

Yeah, the higher the magnification, the harder it is to focus the damned thing, especially a cheap one :) Totally obsessive, over here, too! I want some beautiful bud portraits as a keepsake of my first grow and my husband took a few today. We're going to have to switch out the LED lights or play with the white balance or something but I'm sure he'll get something lovely. Wish I could put the photos up with those of my cats and nephews and grandkids :)

I can tell we're moving towards ripeness -- the plant is feeling more ... settled. Heavy. The colours are changing, and fading. I've been flushing (not 100% sure about flushing in coco but there ya go :)) and haven't fed them for a few days.

And thanks for the very kind words -- I wish I was more present here but I'm getting business done and that's important. Looks like I'll be harvesting soon, and that is EXCITING!

Also, my reshipment of seeds from Herbies arrived today so my next grow will probably include all autos: Humbolt Blue Dream, Dinafem Amnesia XXL and, of course, Sweet Dark Devil! YAY!

Back
Top Bottom