Gozgrow's First Time Grow! First Time Aeroponic & 10 Plants

Re: Gozgrows first time grow! First time aeroponic, and 10 plants.

I did my seeds in gen hydro's rapid rooter plugs and put them right into the hydrotron of my rainforest 66, and had no debris at all in my rez

Yes! I like good news :D we have finally decided to grow greenhouse bubba kush next. Can get the seeds locally. My man is off to holland for his stag do this weekend, with big plans of going seed shopping etc... Bless, I think his friends are going to get him so wasted all he should aim for is catching the Eurostar home on time. That's why I persuaded him to get the seeds here so anything he does get is a bonus, no let downs. Looking forward to pics of your plants :D

:) yeah tons of free seeds I think 15 total. 10 are non feminized.

During scrog in flower do I continue to pull plants back under, for how long? And do I need to defoil the fan leaves? Or more?
Or do I just let It grow willy nilly free willy style. I'm going to guess I keep pulling under till flowers form. And no defoil? Any help is appreciated thanx guys. Also I am about to abandon my clones in the dome and move them into my hydro cloner with hydroton. I'll take a picture of them tonight see what you guys think.

image5740.jpg

There they are I had my sister help wish she would have chopped down the plants that are sitting in the gel. And as I sit here saying this I just remembered roots don't like light. So when I see some ill cover the gel cup. I'm about to take the blue venoms out and put them in my DIY aero cloner but I want to give this way a shot.
Just want them to survive. I mist 2-3 times a day, this morning I added sea kelp, and cloning solution to my spray bottle hoping this helps. Trying to get an edge on the clones bring them back from the half dead world.
As for defoliation during flower I'm not far in so I just got rid of all the big fans took 3.5 hours to punch them all off. Now hope I didn't stress them too much. Just felt like all the big fans jasmines up to the screen was no good. Think I may do my res change early so I can fix my leaks. But we will see.

I changed my grow tent a bit.
image5747.jpg
image5748.jpg

And made a cfl lamp. I'm thinking that led is just blasting those clones, so figured something softer would be good for them. Only had 2-2700k and one 5000k bulb so we'll see how they handle it. I suspended the 6" hurricane fan and also ran the future duct for the incoming fan. I added a hygrometer, and a cool mist humidifier, as well as a fan to help circulate inside air.
I poked my head into the grow closet AT lights on and they are looking good even after the major defoliation. I lowered ph back to 5.8 and added more beneficial tea. Tomorrow when I get home it's time for the scrub out of the res.
at this point the clones are in the grow closet under flowering bulbs for a few hours last night when I did this seems they enjoyed them selfs
So hope they do tonight also. If I remember ill snap a shot of them so you can see they are still sad but hanging in there..

image5776.jpg

So added more cfl with y splitters. Now have 4-6500k bulbs on outside. And 2-2700k in the middle.
image5774.jpg
image5775.jpg

Here is a couple more pictures of them waiting to get some flowers on them. Once lights come on today I'm going to crawl into the closet and pull them back under the net a few of them are reaching for the light.
My stats at res change are
1050 ppm
5 oz micro
5 oz grow
5 oz bloom
4 oz bud candy
4 oz big bud
1 tbs myco madness
3 oz of aqua shield
4 oz voodoo juice
4 oz piranha
.5 tbs of liquid sea kelp
3 tbs of ancient amber.
And I have a 1/2 gallon of Ewc tea brewing to add Monday and I'll add two additional cups every other day.
As for the clones they are hanging in there pulled a few out of the rapid rooter cubes to see what's going on and I see a few beginnings of roots just tiny little white bumps. I've been able to leave the humidity dome off for longer periods of time which is nice.. I bought a heat pad from Walmart, was kinda a mistake not sure where temperature is at. And shuts off every hour. So as soon as I can I'm buying a seedling heat pad.

image5782.jpg

Ok tommorrow is exactly one week into flower. They are looking happy.
I found three leaks out of my temporary duct tape fix. Which I temporarily fixed with plumbers putty. I also had a drain down valve on the side of my Rez. Stupid idea, if you build a res get a shop vac and just suck the stuff out. Every time I bumped it it would leak. So I took it off and tried to fix it now it's a bigger leak lol. So I'll deal with it until Rez change and try to repair it again. My clones are still doing great, had the dome off most of the day. I only mist the dome if I'm leaving or going to bed then I put it back on. The heating pad I have to turn on once per hr, damn safety precautions. I have been giving them a light mist every time I enter the grow tent. I have clonex cloning solution, aqua shield, sea kelp, and ancient amber in the bottle I mist with. I know it's not necessary but I have it so I added it, and it's in a vey mild solution of this so should be ok.

"Join me on my epic 10 plant grow, in a super confined space. Where things are bound to get out of control!"

Hi Gozgrow. Thanks for making this journal. Looks like you have a few challanges now and then, but i have a feeling you will do really well :)

Best of luck

Sorry for lack of updates. Everyone has plumbing issues this time of year I guess. I broke my ph pen yesterday so will have to pick one up. I had to kill around 35 rooted clones was a sad day I took extra thinking none would live, well sweet they all did. I kept it real easy and kept 5 blue venom plants. Which will grow in the tent under LED. The real sad part is they are not showing roots, lol so hopefully they root soon. I know I killed rooted clones and kept the ones that still may die awesome huh. I'll turn that into a separate journal once the clones actually take. But for now I'll leave them here. I have moved them from just the tray into the DIY aero cloner I built. I have them in the rapid rooters still and packed in hydroton in 3" cups.
My other plants are in flower, and are actually behaving pretty good at this point. I have had to jump in and pull them back under he scrog once and probably Friday at res change I will do the same. Tonight when the ladies are awake I'll take pictures.
If I could just stop breaking things everything would be flawless lol. I think all my leaks are fixed, seems my humidity is dropping quite nicely and staying at about 35-40% which I'm ok with. And temps are staying in the 77-80 range depending on how high my wife cranks the furnace cause she is cold. Any way pictures of ladies in flower, and the aerocloner setup and plants.

@Coffeeholic- I see you are new to the site, welcome my friend. Enjoy all of the knowledge this great community has to offer. Any thing you may need answered is on this site. And if it's not someone here knows the answer.

@coffeeholic- I see you are new to the site, welcome my friend. Enjoy all of the knowledge this great community has to offer. Any thing you may need answered is on this site. And if it's not someone here knows the answer.

Thank you for the warm welcome Gozgrow. Been lurkin around here for quite some time now :) A really great forum with lots of fine and talented ppl willing to share their knowledge, is my observation.

image5901.jpg
image5902.jpg
image5903.jpg

Here are pictures of my clones, and aerocloners. Notice the pump outside of the box. I got home last night and was really tired. I didn't get pictures of my flower girls. I'll try tonight. On a sad note I purchased a really nice ppm meter. Not a ph meter. So I have to go back to the hydro store and get a ph meter. Going to keep the ppm meter because it's nicer than the one I have.

image5923.jpg
image5917.jpg
image5920.jpg
image5922.jpg
image5919.jpg
image5918.jpg

image5921.jpg
image5916.jpg

So here are the pictures of my fair ladies, the last picture is after I pulled them back through. I seriously need to take some fan leaves again bit afraid to hermie my girls. Any one have opinions on trimming fan leaves during flower. I've read a few opinions and most say as long as you started them like that it should be ok. Which I have always done major defoiling. So do you think it would be ok? Have you ever done it?

Day 12 of flower I'm starting to see some if the bud sites forming. It's exciting to see them getting to this point. I think at around day 25 or so I may do some major defoliation haven't quite decided. I just know that there are some major fan leaves gumming up the scrog. I feel like more light needs to be getting to them. I may also just build two more of the cfl power strip lights and slide them underneath the plants and let them sit on the 6" tubes. I finally got my ph meter lol after the whole ppm meter debacle. The guy at the hydro shop was kinda embarrassed he sold it to me as a ph meter wanted to refund my money told him he'll no it's way better then the one I currently use I'm keeping it. So he gave me a 10% discount on my new meter. Ehh better than nothing and I didn't even ask for it so I thought it was pretty cool.

In my tent the clones are hanging in there. Lol what would posess me to throw away the rooted clones and keep ones that haven't quite rooted yet. I really just like how the blue venom is doing in my current setup. Although the Sweet black Angel is showing better flowers at the moment. I tried to get pictures of it by my I phone isn't the best. Have a Cannon t5i dslr on the way though, my wife's Christmas present because I've spent so much on my project I felt it was only fair. So hopefully better pictures on the way.
I'm starting to look at the Trichromes scopes. What is everyone else using? I have seen the one that hooks up to the iPhone 5 is this a very good one? Should I just get a 60x hand one? Should I invest in a USB one? What are you guys using and what do you like and dislike about it.

Now onto the tent my clones are still doing not so well, I have them in the aerocloner I built I removed all of the 6500k cfl I had in there and now just have two 2700k bulbs in there. I've read where if you do this they will focus more on root growth rather than on new growth. Dunno if it is true or not but giving it a try. And once I feel like they are doing good enough I'll make a new journal and turn on the LEDs.
It will be a Scrog style going to make this one out of pvc and instead of 2" squares going to do 1" squares. I find my plants are just barely to short to make it to the next square. I'm dredding the sore fingers from twisting all those eye bolts and stringing up all the string though lol.

I have been reading up and seems most peoples goal is around a gram/watt. My closet grow has around 1345 watts in there between my t5 and LED. 1345 grams. 47.44 ounces , or 2.97 lbs. I really don't feel like I'm there. I feel like I'm over shooting on one ounce per plant or 10 ounces. My alien dawg has been at the back of the system and has suffered do to the t5 not really hitting it much and now it's got that LED back there seems to be doing better. But it won't hit its full potential I have a feeling.
Well back to work and thank you for those of you who have pulled up a seat and maybe answered my questions.

Tonight's the night for the Rez changes. My res is down a few gallons of water. Not sure if they are drinking that much or if I still have a leak. Normally if I have a leak the humidity in my closet skyrockets. So I'm gonna guess they are drinking a lot.

Ok so finished up the Rez changes.
Grow closet is flowering
Ph 5.8
Ppm 1450
6oz micro
6oz grow
6oz bloom
4 oz B52
4 oz big bud
4 oz bud candy
5 tsp myco fungus
1 oz liquid sea kelp
4 oz ancient amber humic acid
And I'm not a huge fan of the advanced nutrients ph perfect. I used around 60 ml of ph down in 15 gallons of water to get my ph to 5.8. Around 30 of that was to move my ph off 6.3 which I am sure is the ph perfect line of nutes. I'm almost positive when I check my ph tommorrow it will be siting at 6.3. Now I'm not sure ph on soil I have read it before but just can't remember. But it seems the ph perfect stuff would be great for soil. Not so much NFT/aero.
I re-sealed around the drain hole I removed and I'm sure it cannot leak any more, well till I lay on it while I'm pulling plants through.
In my grow tent I pulled the clone that I thought wasn't going to make it out of the rapid rooter. It had a small root so hopefully soon I can start my new journal. I sprinkled both my extreme myco and myco madness in the hole and put it back in and sprayed the cube. I did this to all my clones, but I did not pull the rest out of the rapid rooter. I read about doing seeds like this in KJC's grow journal so figured I'd give it a try on my clones that are on week 2 with barely any roots, well Sunday will be week 2.
Any way just wanted to say thanx to those who drop by and read this journal.

Not much happening right now, flower girls are sleeping, and the clones still look sad and like the just wanna curl up and die. Hoping adding the myco to the rapid rooters will help them root up better. Iv begun foiliar feeding with a light solution of. Clonex clones solution, liquid sea kelp, and humic acid. It almost seemed to me that a few of them have picked their leaves up off the floor. So we'll see. I added back the 4 6500k bulbs this morning. Struggling to get theese girls goin.

Back
Top Bottom