Gozgrow's First Time Grow! First Time Aeroponic & 10 Plants

Yes LA due to the hight limits I have used two full rolls of garden wire in there now. Sorry for lack of updates but been struggling with even wanting to be a part of this site any more. My last grow was deleted due to me not using a sponsor led light. I didn't feel like I over hyped the light. I never mentioned the company who makes it, but did have one picture of it and did reference the model a couple times. I have tried to contact the admin who deleted it to ask if I could continue my journal without any picture or references to the light, there has been no response. I really can not see how this is any different from using cfl bulbs, or a t5 light or even the cheap Led I have on this grow. I do understand the reason behind deleting it however, I feel though that without a picture or references though it should be allowed. With that being said I have decided I like this site and have ordered a sponsors LED light to use on my next tent grow. And hope to be apart of this site for a long time to come. Now if that light would just hurry up, lol. Won't get here fast enough though as the other ones are now in flower.
I am also waiting on my USB micro scope to arrive to check Trichromes, I'm starting week eight of flower in my closet I decided that since I have no clue what he Trichromes look like at this point I'm running full nutes through week 8 and if need be I'll have a one week flush. What I plan to due is flush with clean water for 24 hours, clean out my res and run it for another 24 hours, clean the res and run the course after Adding Advanced nutes final phase for the last 5 days.
I have noticed my white widow has really small flowers on it, I haven't decided if it's due to the defoil during the flower stage or the three cfl I set at the bottom of the plant where I have a bunch of new growth, I feel like it's the cfl and my plants focused so much on that new growth that it never had a chance to form big flowers. There is also a chance that it will pack on its weight in my last 2 weeks.
My leak has come back with a vengeance funny part is it's due to me leaving the pump on and since the roots are packed in the tube so tight drainage has slowed down quite a bit causing the tubes to fill to the level where the leaks occur.
So when I revamp the next system I'm making sure to use vinyl posts , and I'm going to do the black micro line through the top with the same heads I use now. I'll also be making my drainage ports 1 1/2 instead of just 1". Heck if I can fit 2" I'm gonna try. I would rather the roots grow out into the res then be balled up in the drain line not allowing water to drain propperly.
So be prepared for a DIY for my new and improved system I'll have a parts break down and cost for the system also. So for now I have my closet grow with the door open as to get the humidity level to lower below 50% and I'll get some pictures posted tonight.

Handling it better than me too. I comprehend the position 420 is in with regards to their sponsors and it must be a day to day burden of trying to find the middle ground between corporate sponsorship v. end user forum members. Let's just be thankful that Aqua Fina isn't a sponsor :cheesygrinsmiley:

So here are the pictures of the white widow,
IMG_073225.JPG
IMG_073323.JPG
IMG_073525.JPG
IMG_073421.JPG

Here is a picture of the mass amount of new undergrowth I believe to be partly the reason the flowers are so small.
IMG_074521.JPG

and here are some picture of the rest of the plants, Harvest time is coming up Yay!
IMG_074427.JPG
IMG_074324.JPG
IMG_074123.JPG
IMG_074025.JPG
IMG_073925.JPG
IMG_073724.JPG

Thanks for the reps Dres. I can thank my wife for the beautiful photos, I got here a Cannon Rebel Eos T3 for Christmas, but I gave it to her early so I could take pictures of my ladies too lol. I just wish I hadn't sat the CFL bulbs right where that massive undergrowth appeared. wont be doing that again lol. Once the usb micro scope get here ill try to figure out how to post pictures of the trichromes. Should be quite interesting.

Good going pal

Nice style

Thanks victor, it's been a challenge with out much head room and so many plants, going to stick with less plants next time and just SCROG them. So bulb is either burnt out or something wrong with the light itself. Hoping it's just the bulb. I'm nearing the finish line and limping along through the last stages. Humidity is hitting around 60% so at lights on I open the door and put a fan at the door to help lower humidity. Last night I went and bought those little dehumidifier pack things to try and keep it below 50% I will see how well it works at lights on tonight. Humidity is an issue due to the leaks and the carpet getting moist. So after this grow carpet will be removed and concrete floor will be painted white. Tons of work to due to get this closet ready for next grow. Thanks to all you who keep up and read my journal.

So Packs seem to be keeping humidity in check. Yay for me. I got my usb microscope in the mail tonight and this is what I see.
picture00312.jpg
picture0027.jpg
picture00010.jpg
Snapshot_20140113_5.JPG
Snapshot_20140113_4.JPG
Snapshot_20140113_3.JPG
Snapshot_20140113_1.JPG
Snapshot_20140113_2.JPG
Snapshot_20140113.JPG

I am thinking I already see milky in the trichromes, I am shooting for 50/50 amber so not a expert but id say if I finish this week and flush next week I should be pretty good to go still no signs of the amber on any of the plants though, Any thoughts on this, as the milky color could also be attributed to light reflection maybe? Im started te 8th week on Saturday.
Lol and yes I do see the cat hair in the last photo. Im guessing it got there from when I left the door open and was dehumidifying the closet.

Haha, I was actually going to refer you to some info KJC shared maybe a week ago on another thread. I misplaced which thread so I'm gonna paraphrase and hope he clarifies any mistakes. For a nice energetic head high (strain dependent) there should be 5%-10% amber trics and for a stronger sedative-like couch lock feeling, harvest at 15%-30% amber tricomes, so maybe 50/50 amber/milky might be a little too far.

Looking good - you are very close. I agree with the above and once you see amber - harvest. Amber is the degeneration of the trichrome. Are you flushing? I harvested last night a bit early (trichomes were all milky) as I realised I had bud rot from humidity. I lost 10% of the grow so not too bad. Good luck with the final phase! :D

Haha, I was actually going to refer you to some info KJC shared maybe a week ago on another thread. I misplaced which thread so I'm gonna paraphrase and hope he clarifies any mistakes. For a nice energetic head high (strain dependent) there should be 5%-10% amber trics and for a stronger sedative-like couch lock feeling, harvest at 15%-30% amber tricomes, so maybe 50/50 amber/milky might be a little too far.

Ok thank you for the info Skybound I think I'll shoot for 15% then because I know they will probobbly degrade a bit more after harvest.

Looking good - you are very close. I agree with the above and once you see amber - harvest. Amber is the degeneration of the trichrome. Are you flushing? I harvested last night a bit early (trichomes were all milky) as I realised I had bud rot from humidity. I lost 10% of the grow so not too bad. Good luck with the final phase! :D

I'm sorry you lost some of your grow cherryhaze but definitely caught it early on and harvest was the best thing. I'm going to shoot for a bout 15% amber. I am going to start flushing this weekend. I'll flush with ph tap water for 24 hours, I'll clean out my res and flush for another 24 hours, and I'll clean out agin and add my ph tap water and add my final phase by AN to finish out the grow and I'll let that flush till I get the Trichromes I'm looking for.

Goz, please confirm with KingJohnC before committing to 15%. Also maybe decrease your PPM down to about 300 before actually flushing as your time table is still yet to be plotted out from plant maturity, lack of ambers and time it will take for the trics to become amber. If you flush too early, she might start ingesting herself a little too soon which will lock you into harvesting based upon that instead of your target mark of XX% amber to milky ratio.

Back
Top Bottom