Gozgrow's First Time Grow! First Time Aeroponic & 10 Plants

Re: Gozgrows first time grow! First time aeroponic, and 10 plants.

I have definitely done that.

When I first started growing checking my plants was the first thing I'd do when I got up... literally.

I'd wake up and run downstairs before even putting any clothes on.

Now that I know they're probably not sneaking out at night or getting inappropriate tattoos I at least grab a robe before heading downstairs. :partyboy:

Ok lol I always get off work get cleaned up and pretty much run down and start. The other day though I realized I was in my underwear and just thought, hmmmm, am I weird? Or does any one else do this. Lol so I guess just you and me dres, which means we are both wierd...

I was just thinking, I have been using sea kelp and humic acid. Do you think that theese products might affect my ph results. Didn't really have issues with ph till I switch the ph up and down I use. But I think that's around the same time I stopped making Ewc tea and just started adding the liquid kelp and humic acid to my Rez.

Dont know about the humic acid, but I think the sea kelp is organic. I have been having similar issues lately with mixing of sythetics and organics and possible related PH issues. I think it might be possible for bacteria, once they die, to raise or lower PH outside of the natural PH of everything combined. For instance, if I start with distilled/RO water (7.0) and add only materials below that figure in the acid range usually 3.5-5.8, how then does my PH climb to above 7.0? The natural PH of all that material combined would be right around the target 5.8, but then a day later be upwards around 7.4-7.8. If a solution is concluded on, it will likely be written in African Grower's Bubblicious journal as that is where we had most of that debate.

Dont know about the humic acid, but I think the sea kelp is organic. I have been having similar issues lately with mixing of sythetics and organics and possible related PH issues. I think it might be possible for bacteria, once they die, to raise or lower PH outside of the natural PH of everything combined. For instance, if I start with distilled/RO water (7.0) and add only materials below that figure in the acid range usually 3.5-5.8, how then does my PH climb to above 7.0? The natural PH of all that material combined would be right around the target 5.8, but then a day later be upwards around 7.4-7.8. If a solution is concluded on, it will likely be written in African Grower's Bubblicious journal as that is where we had most of that debate.

Thanx skybound ill definitely check it out when I have a free minute.
IMG_035023.JPG
IMG_034918.JPG
IMG_034825.JPG
IMG_034720.JPG
IMG_034622.JPG
IMG_034522.JPG

very interesting read skybound~ if you make that octane booster for a rez ill be in line for 100 gallon of 5.8 lol.
a few more pictures.
IMG_033433.JPG
IMG_033326.JPG
IMG_033225.JPG
IMG_032826.JPG
IMG_034918.JPG
IMG_034825.JPG
IMG_034720.JPG
IMG_034622.JPG
IMG_034522.JPG
lol I really like the big colas popping out of the scrog if you cant tell its mostly been flowering by the LEDs on the side wall and seem to be doing well. The alien dawg in the back isn't going to produce much, the poor thing was very neglected from getting any light from the t5 during veg and has been getting blasted by the LED during flower but im not noticing much in tems of flowers al though the ones I am seeing the pistils look amazing.

Sorry for lack of updates, work has been crazy. Tonight I'm doing a res change and before I add any humic acid or liquid sea kelp I will set the ph and see if I still have the same crazy issues I've been having. I now have 3 clones as another has wilted up, I think I kills it when I was checking for roots lol. So now I have three plants. Which I am good with after the craziness of the 10 plants I have at the moment. So Rez changes, flipping on the led in the tent now I feel the clones are established, fix leaks on the 10 plant system lol I'm thinking 1" drains are not big enough, I think my roots have plugged the drains and now the 6" fills with water showing more flaws in my system so I will plumber putty in the leak areas tonight and hope that's it. I am going to change the timer to 5 min every three hours also due to the slow drainage. I will also be tying down more of the new growth that has popped up through the canopy. Anyway till lights on have a green day!
On a good note I picked up some Sweet black angel, Girl Scout cookies, Hindu Kush, UW purple, and some bubba kush extreme!

Oh forgot to mention I'll add pictures of the plants and start a new journal for the tent as well as provide pictures of the new nuggetry!

Extreme Bubba kush
IMG_043722.JPG

Girl scout cookies
IMG_044320.JPG

Hindu Kush
IMG_044817.JPG

Sweet Black Angel
IMG_045725.JPG

I didn't get around to rez change last night but am doing it tonight so more pictures later. :tokin:
New journal is up also !!!

Beautiful nugs :yummy:

It's been almost 35 days since I smoked. It's turned me into a crabby monster. :rolleyes3

Everything is looking great, Goz. I love your pictures... looks like a disco in there. :party:

I have held off on buying any lately been putting 90% of my extra money into growing.
I definitely feels like a disco in there also since adding the LED supplemental lights. ill have some new pictures of the closet grow and an update on how many leaks I have fixed lol, was going goo till the roots plugged my drains which still slowly drain, now the water level goes above where it should causing more of the penetrations I have into the pipe to leak which I then seal only to find that it makes the water raise more to leak in a new spot lol. oh well this system is getting torn down after this grow and completely redone. Ill have a DIY for the new one and explain why im doing what im doing based on this journal grow and the constant struggles ive had with it.

image6403.jpg
image6404.jpg
image6405.jpg
image6406.jpg

Been working like crazy lately so I haven't had too much time to update. But here are a few photos of the girls they are beginning there 6th week in flower. I think I over did the nutes this round as some are showing signs of nute burn. So I'll make sure to cut them back a bit on Rez change tommorrow. Thanx for checking in :) hope it's been a great gardening month for everyone.

Hey Goz, look at all those beautiful buds! Being a newb myself, I only have fragments of info, but from what I see, you don't have any burns. None of your leaf tips have clawed, maybe one or two here and there, but not across the plant. On the other hand, not pushing the envelope on nutes is a good thing, so you should definitely keep a watchful eye. If you want more feedback, you can toss a few pics on my journal to maybe get more exposure and do let it be known that this was suggested so nobody thinks you posted on someone else's journal in error.

What PPM are u running right now?

Looking great, Goz. :high-five:

I love those LEDs. Can't wait til I have some money to play around with.

Happy tokes! :bongrip:
Hey dres the ones in my closet are Cheops off an auction website. I should do one plant under them to see the exact efficiency of them but for now I actually have one plant in my closet "Alien Dawg" that is back where the T5 doesn't really hit it so may give me kind of an idea. The Solar storm was quite a bit more but got it for a discount from that company.
Hey Goz, look at all those beautiful buds! Being a newb myself, I only have fragments of info, but from what I see, you don't have any burns. None of your leaf tips have clawed, maybe one or two here and there, but not across the plant. On the other hand, not pushing the envelope on nutes is a good thing, so you should definitely keep a watchful eye. If you want more feedback, you can toss a few pics on my journal to maybe get more exposure and do let it be known that this was suggested so nobody thinks you posted on someone else's journal in error.

What PPM are u running right now?

Cool thanx skybound I'll take some pictures of the burnt tips I actually strategically didn't take picture of them and it's still not to bad. I think it's mainly on the kush strains.i was running a bit over 1500ppm last night I actually cleaned the Rez, phd the water to 5.8 and ran a flush for 24 hours. Part cause of the burn and part cause I was really wore out and figured I'd do it tonight. And I'll make sure to keep ppm down. AN advises like a bit over 7ozs I used around 5oz but also added humic acid so may have made the nutes more available.

1500, that's the highest I ever saw someone use. Also, it has been said that the symptoms you are seeing now are from the exposure that happened days ago so making large PPM leaps based upon what you see now is like planning an interstellar mission to a distant star. We see the light, but it was originated in the past, probably thousands of years ago and I'm just now seeing it. I know from my last attempt at aero that water on roots can handle more PPM, I just hope your girl has that big of an appetite.

Ok so have flushed my ladies for 48 hours using tap water phd at 5.8
I redid my Rez and my ppm now sits at 922
3oz micro
3oz grow
3oz bloom
1.5 oz b-52
1.5 oz bud candy
1.5 oz overdrive
1.5 oz humic acid
1.5 oz liquid sea kelp
3 oz unsulphered black strap molasses
(1cup worm castings, 1/2 cup of extreme gardens mycorrhizae the one used for soil, both of them are sitting in a pair of panty hose in my Rez and above an air stone)
I decided to let the EWC and mycorrhizae brew in my res instead of in a separate container.
image6523.jpg
image6521.jpg
image6520.jpg
image6519.jpg
image6518.jpg
image6517.jpg
image6516.jpg
image6515.jpg
image6514.jpg
image6513.jpg
image6406.jpg

The first two photos are of my suspected nutrient burn the rest are of the progress of my ladies.

Back
Top Bottom