Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

n00b question. Can you press rosin from a fresh bud that hasn't dried and cured yet? If you can, is it the same or racier?

I haven't done it. Mine is at least dried, and usually cured before squishing. My thought on this are:

The taste will be 'off' as the flavors have not fully developed through curing.
Fresh bud will yield more, due to the increased water content.
The rosin will take longer to decarb, as there's more water to get rid of. This probably destroys some terpines, and flavinoids.

The resulting decarbed rosin can be used for medicine. The caveate being that although it will have the full cannabinoid content, some of the terpines may be missing, The medicine may not be at full potential due to the synergy of the cannabinoids and terpines. It's probably best used in topicals and capsules, as smoking, vaping, or dabbing it will have a poorer flavor, perhaps even akin to hay.

n00b question. Can you press rosin from a fresh bud that hasn't dried and cured yet? If you can, is it the same or racier?

I’ve done it a few times and I agree with @Old Salt as usual. Fresh squeezed has too much “green” (chlorophyll) for me. Some people like it, but I’m not a fan. I start squeezing as soon as it’s dry though. I do think it is better when properly cured, but as soon as it’s dried you will normally get higher yields and a lighter color.

I’ve done it a few times and I agree with @Old Salt as usual. Fresh squeezed has too much “green” (chlorophyll) for me. Some people like it, but I’m not a fan. I start squeezing as soon as it’s dry though. I do think it is better when properly cured, but as soon as it’s dried you will normally get higher yields and a lighter color.
I second this advise. Get a few days drying on it first.

To paraphrase a newsy figure, I've got a very big job coming up on Monday. It will require a huge effort. The results will be tremendous!

OK, my wife says there's not enough I's in there.

I going to try squeeze a pound on Monday.

To paraphrase a newsy figure, I've got a very big job coming up on Monday. It will require a huge effort. The results will be tremendous!

That’s a bigly squishing. Yuge! :laughtwo:

I wish I could help...I’m interested in how long it takes you.

Pictures or it didn’t happen. :cheesygrinsmiley:

What is your G13 strain?
Sorry for my late reply nobod, Mine is G13 Haze, Barneys Farm. Very easy to grow and strong as an ox.
Im still smoking rosin from it. Yummy.

Is that a Barneys Farm G13 Haze?
I grew it a few grows back and just about finished the last of it, it makes some great Rosin. I have 4 plants of G13 Haze in the tent now and should harvest them within the next couple of weeks.
Thats the one GR, I had same strain.
Is a fantastic plsnt to grow and throws good colas.
Good luck with the Harvest in a few weeks, Im a week or so from Harvest... No G13 though......sad face..

What's up rosin Vets? I am gonna be getting in on this pressing goodness real soon. I am waiting for black friday at the end of the month to buy a press, because I know there will be some discounts, or free accessories. I am looking at the Dulytek Dhp7 7 ton press for 450, the Dabpress 10 ton comes to 600 with the pump, and the Nugsmasher OG 12 ton for 800. Which do you guys think is the best buy from these 3? I am fine spending the 800, but just wanna know what the extra money gets you.

@Kitchenhawk

I got my DP 6 ton for around $500. Love it. Read the reviews, I have not heard a lot about the Nugsmasher
Dab Press.

This is the unit I was looking at on Amazon. Think I will just go with this. Hopefully they do a good Black Friday deal. :thanks:
There is a pump they sell for 135. Says pairs with 10 or 12 ton. I need to buy this also, correct? Just double checking.

Back
Top Bottom