Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

What screen size, temperature, and quantity of flower are you guys pressing? What works best?

Cuz all that rosin looks gooooooood. Gonna learn to do me some.

Peace, Hyena

What screen size and quantity of flower are you guys pressing? What works best?

Peace, Hyena

It depends on what I'm pressing...
160 - 90 micron for flower, I usually use 160 micron
37 for hash
25 for rosin to get diamonds and sauce

What screen size, temperature, and quantity of flower are you guys pressing? What works best?

Cuz all that rosin looks gooooooood. Gonna learn to do me some.

Peace, Hyena
Temps 170-200°F never higher.

90-120u for all flower

37+120 double bagged for hash rosin

ALWAYS PRESS THE HIGHEST QUALITY!!
No point in pressing bad stuff.

You want fire results use fire starting material!

Two 10 gram GG4 pucks! :yahoo:
A4E9AC06-F22F-437C-A25E-E76F865463B7.jpeg
A6DF23C5-51A7-4888-94F8-B889391A447C.png
F5810BF6-0EA5-41A2-AD37-EFC6A2C8235D.jpeg
F25743E3-3B4E-4D53-9B9C-459E11FDF256.jpeg
E28B1C9C-3EDB-45B1-9F25-8B24B67FFB62.jpeg

90-120u for all flower

THANKS A BUNCH...a couple more questions...

What size to use for extra-high-quality sugar trim/small buds?

When double filtering, larger mesh inside or outside?

Obviously I will experiment but thanks everyone for the advice you're all getting me started on the right track.

Peace, Hyena

I might have missed this f.a.q. But I have never used a bag with a prepressed puck between parchment . Never really had any issues with leaf matter getting into the resin ..have I just been lucky ?
Disclaimer..I haven't pressed any kief yet ..I was planning on using a bag for that :). Tia !
Do without?

Obviously I will experiment but thanks everyone for the advice you're all getting me started on the right track.

Peace, Hyena
Any and all flower I would use 90u or higher. For your trim/popcorn I would start in a 120u and experiment!

Double filtering the larger sized micron is always on the outside. 37u inside of a 120u is what your looking for!

I might have missed this f.a.q. But I have never used a bag with a prepressed puck between parchment . Never really had any issues with leaf matter getting into the resin ..have I just been lucky ?
Disclaimer..I haven't pressed any kief yet ..I was planning on using a bag for that :). Tia !
Do without?
You may not see leaf or visible plant matter but there is excess fats, lipids, waxes that are being squeezed into the rosin. This isn’t a bad thing it’s just not the purest product you could produce!

When using micron filters going down in micron sizes will filter out more fats and refine the extracts more thus giving you a cleaner rosin!

Peace, Hyena

Peace, Hyena
I use the sugar leaves in Grandpa Tokin oil thread and make capsules. Awesome high !

You may not see leaf or visible plant matter but there is excess fats, lipids, waxes that are being squeezed into the rosin. This isn’t a bad thing it’s just not the purest product you could produce!

When using micron filters going down in micron sizes will filter out more fats and refine the extracts more thus giving you a cleaner rosin!

Perfect answer.
Just like different weed (and certainly quality) will give different rosins, even at different temperatures, the micron size can make a huge difference in the rosin.

I want to add a lot more, but I’m pretty loaded at the moment...all day—every day! :headbanger: Just squish that sh*t!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Harvested one of the Original Skunk #1 yesterday. Was not ready, some cloudy mostly clear. So I stopped at that one plant, and going to give them a few more days.
This plant should yield about 3 zips.

90-120u for all flower

When you double bag hash rosin what bag do you put the material in, and which on the outside? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom